[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.05 MB, 1280x960, streets_remake.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8921560 No.8921560 [Reply] [Original]

Why yes, I am the best Streets of Rage game to play in current year, how did you know?

>> No.8921601

>remake
Kill yourself cancerous subhuman

>> No.8921613 [DELETED] 
File: 134 KB, 800x450, sor4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8921560
Umm, no, sweety....

>> No.8921623
File: 16 KB, 296x523, 96ZP0ex.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Playable Mr. X
>Expanded moveset for Zan
>Expanded moveset for Max
Yes.

>> No.8921626 [DELETED] 

>>8921560
>Why yes, I am the best Streets of Rage game
ok but 4 isn't retro /vr/

>> No.8921652 [DELETED] 

>>8921613
>>8921626
4 is woke zoomie trash.

>> No.8921817 [DELETED] 

>>8921652
its not woke because all the enemies look like anti-fa, drug addicts and feminists.

plus original streets has nigs, women and mixed breeds too, retard .

>> No.8921824

>>8921560
>streets of rage ''fan fic'' version made by retarded amateurs
no thanks, I don't read fan fic novels or play such games

>> No.8921849 [DELETED] 

>>8921817
>more nig playable characters than whites
>the whitest characters in the game are the main villains
>removed Ash from the canon because he might offend LGBT Cult
Yeah, not woke at all. Retard.

>> No.8921858 [DELETED] 

>>8921849
Don't forget making you fight the cops, because PIGS BAD DEFUND THE POLICE PRESS F TO REMEMBER SAINT GEORGE FLOYD

>> No.8921860 [DELETED] 

>>8921858
>>8921849
>schizo cope because filtered by based 4

>> No.8921881 [DELETED] 

>>8921849
>>8921858
>>8921860
Mods being based for once.

>> No.8921883

the only SoR I've played is the first one and I fucking hated it, it made me hate sidescrolling beat em ups as a genre. it's so fucking cheap.

>> No.8921885

>>8921883
Was it the twins or the two fat guys that pissed you off? They're the worst.

>> No.8921891

>>8921560
dumb zoomer

>> No.8921915

>>8921885
I never made it past the twins. I beat my head against it forever but simply couldn't do it. I didn't even know there were two fat guys, the one fat guy was bad enough

>> No.8921921

>>8921915
Yeah dealing with two at a time is a pain in the ass. The first game is really big on crowd control and prioritization. While I prefer the more fully featured games, I still think SoR1 is pretty okay, except for the twin martial artist women, hate them.

>> No.8922141

>>8921824
>fanfic games by amateurs can't be good
Look at Sonic Mania -- better than anything Sonic Team's put out within the last 20 years.

>> No.8923612

>>8921560
based and fucksor4pilled.

>> No.8925236

>>8921921
I hate the "beat all the old bosses as the final boss" trope

>> No.8925481

>>8925236
Thankfully SoR1 doesn't pull that shit. You have to contend with Mr. X at the end. A man who wields a Tommygun where him hitting you with the stock does more damage than being shot by it.

>> No.8925491

>>8921915
These games are so much more fun in multiplayer.

>> No.8925498

>>8925481
What are you talking about? The final stage has you fighting every prior boss again as you work your way to Mr. X.

>> No.8925503

>>8925498
Yeah but it's not the final boss itself. Mr X is the final boss.

>> No.8925594

>>8925503
I think he meant "right before the final boss." Lots of beat 'em ups tend to do this trope.

>> No.8925598

>>8921560
There are aspects of it I prefer over SoR4. Honestly I'm just glad it was made in the first place because it gave me that SoR fix before 4 finally came around. It really was knocked pretty well out of the park in terms of it's options and unlockable stuff. Probably spent days worth of hours with it. Some of the remix's were aces as well.

>> No.8925603
File: 8 KB, 408x286, 1410890134672.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8925594
I was wondering if that's what he meant when I replied to him. I usually don't mind it if the previous bosses were fun to fight, but the two fat guys and the twin martial artists can waste a fuckload of time in SoR1.
Though while I'm at it, Jet and Souther are a pain in the ass in SoR2, and Abadede can be fucking awful if you screw up dealing with him

>> No.8925627

>>8921885
Not him but I once made it all the way to the room right before Mr. X with 3 lives on my first continue, and I lost ALL my remaining lives and continues on the twins. I was so mad I ripped the cartridge out before turning off the power

>> No.8925635

>>8925627
I know that feeling. I got scammed by those two bitches on my first serious attempt at beating the game, ran out of time and got a game over. I quit playing it for a few days after that.

>> No.8926103

>>8921560
Yeah this is the best SOR game for sure period. Only thing is I think they should have tried to better balance the star moves. I can spam the run star move endlessly. Should have at least took health or stamina to do. Also Max's spear gets a bit retarded once its maxed kek. First it is a shoulder dash then into a spear.

This game is so good however I wish Sega made it official.

>> No.8926121

>>8925491
I played with my gf (who just button mashes mindlessly) she got bored after 15 mins and so did I. Rather play alone and use my single player strats.

>> No.8926146

>>8925603
Zamza/Souther/whatever the third one is called are super annoying. They should not have a block altough that makes killing them with Max a lot easier. Also, the only version of Abadede that's really hard is Stage 4's, the rematch in the elevator is much easier to loop, it's not as agresive and magnet grab-y as the real deal.

>> No.8926390

>>8926146
It's his breakout that makes him a prick, the other things are nasty but you can deal with it. How did anybody who chose Skate kill the bastard?

>> No.8926402

>>8926390
Fucking hell, tell me about it, I just beat the game with Skate and he was one of the hardest parts. Even the elevator one near-ended a run once. I mostly baited him to land his flop and comboed him before he retailiated, and spammed the headbutt dash sometimes, but I still found myself being grabbed sometimes. The ninjas are also terrible, both the bosses and the regular ones, it's very hard to approach some enemies with Skate's limited reach. Shiva is a living nightmare, you can't do anything to him, kinda sucks.

Ironically, Mr X was a breeze because the corkscrew kick goes over his machine gun fire and he eats the whole attack, he doesn't counter it like Zanza or Bear do, the motherfuckers.

>> No.8926472

>>8921921
>except for the twin martial artist women, hate them.
use your back attack. It's been a long while since I played the first game but I remember that the twins were impossible to catch and hit normally, but if you used the back attack, they walked into it 95% the time and turned the fight into something effortless.

>>8925603
>Jet and Souther are a pain in the ass in SoR2, and Abadede can be fucking awful if you screw up dealing with him

Jet has very low health, he is pretty easy to deal with as far as the jetpack dudes go.
Souther is more problematic but iirc you can trick him to attack before the three Jets spawn. I think you have to throw one of the dropped pipes from the previous section.
Abadede is only bad because you can only make 3-4 mistakes before he outright kills you, his attacks do huge damage. But you can get him to whiff a lot too. It's probably the only challenging 1 on 1 fight in the game, every other boss can be baited easily and rely on mooks screwing up your rhythm for difficulty.

>>8922141
>Look at Sonic Mania -- better than anything Sonic Team's put out within the last 20 years.
That's like winning the special olympics. Mania was still retarded.

>> No.8926494

>>8926146
>>8926402
Zamza is stupid easy. Knock him off, then go close and jump away from him when he gets up. He'll do his uppercut and whiff it every single time. Then you can knock him back down. It's only difficult because there are so many other guys to deal with at the same time, but if you focus on clearing the screen fast, Zamza can be dealt with easily.

The Abadede rematch on stage 8 is a joke, he does not have invulnerability on standup, you can just knock him back down repeatedly, he won't break out of certain moves. With Max you can backbreak him in a loop, with Axel the fastest method is holding punch and releasing it for his double kick (does more damage than his other combos, and he never tries breaking out). With Skate you can just dash blitz headbutt him or use his back attack, both do close to 1/4th health damage.

Bear is also a pussy, corner him and do your special when he stands up, he'll do his uppercut but as you both have invulnerability both attacks will whiff (and you won't lose health since you didn't hit). Then you can knock his ass down and repeat. Bear Jr. is just annoying because it takes so long to beat him, cause he can walk off screen, and you have to wait for him to slowly do the samba back to you. He has no invulnerability either so you can knock him out with any poke that outranges him, then destroy him as he stands up. Skate and Max can literally throw him around, Axel can GRANDUPPA when he stands up, etc.

>> No.8926501

>>8926390
>How did anybody who chose Skate kill the bastard?

Jump forward, down+punch. Abadede has wonky hitboxes on his uppercut, so you can jump forward and not get hit most of the time. Time the hit before you land, and then do a 2nd strong hit on the ground so you don't trigger his breakout.
You can also blitz his running-in slam.
Skate is actually the 2nd strongest fighter in the game, he has 3-4 moves which do extreme amounts of damage on a single hit, the only problem is that they all leave him fairly open to counters. Blitz (headbutt part does almost twice the damage than the rolling slam afterwards), back attack, knee press (jump,down+B), grab + back throw stomach kick, and migrane (grab from back, punch) all do a ton of damage.

You can do a something like 80% lifebar 3 hit combo - jump forward, down+B before you land, then back attack (second hit will whiff), then blitz headbutt.

But in crowds you tend to get hit out of your moves a lot, so you have to rely on throwing people around most of the time.

>> No.8926515

>>8926494
Yeah me friend told me about that thing to fuck with Bear's uppercut but I never managed to pull it off consistently and ended up fucking dying, wasting precious lives on him while I tried that. Was easier to keep the sword/pipe and cheesing him with it as long as I lasted. I did not know that about Zanza and I will definitely try him next time I fight him, that motherfucker irritated me a lot.

And yeah, the elevator Abadede is nowhere near as vicious as the other one, I think I managed to no-hit him with Max a couple times, looped him with the downward elbow into a combo+slide every time lmao. Max's slide is great. Second most reliable move in the game after the GRANDAPPUH, I loved moving in for a grab with it. Max was a lot of fun.

>> No.8926540

>>8926515
Just press A with no directions JUST BEFORE Bear stands up. He will default to his uppercut move. It works best in the corners, not sure if it works outside, bot on stage 5 you can easily corner him anyway. Just practice the timing and it'll work a treat.

I'll see if I can make some videos later tonight.

>> No.8927313

>>8926472
>That's like winning the special olympics. Mania was still retarded.
How so? I consider it a top 5 Sonic game along with 1, 2, 3K and Master System Sonic 1.

>> No.8927338

>>8927313
It's a stupid mishmash of old content, old prototype content that was removed because it sucked (the programmer has a huge boner for these), the new levels are not memorable (and some are again based on unused prototype material), the bossfights are all junk, and the last level is like something out of the Sonic Advance series.
Just because you throw the first three games into a blender, does not make it into a good game.

The sprite work was damn great and I liked the whole concept of "let's make it look like if it was a Saturn game", complete with the use of additive blending, mode 7 ground, and affine mapped polygons with no per-pixel depth.

But mostly it's just a huge wankfest designed to appeal for the kids who grew up on the SSRG and Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta forums.

>> No.8927489

>>8921560
I can't believe someone was paid to draw this.