[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 72 KB, 256x188, ActRaiser_Coverart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
883282 No.883282[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Actraiser discussion please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68PftcZxfWU

That soundtrack
That dual genre gameplay

>> No.883297

ActRaiser is truly a great early title for the snes.

Is it that popular? or is it one of those games a lot of people forget about?

Also, Arcade variation where the simulation is gone. Didn't know about that until not too long ago.

>> No.883309

one of the best

>> No.883315

The other day, I was cleaning out some stuff on these shelves I have sitting behind my computer desk, and I found an Actraiser cart.

...problem is, it's not mine. I've never played the game, never borrowed it from anyone, and frankly, had never even heard of it till I looked it up. The hell?

>> No.883319

I'd love another one. Sim elements could have been deeper and the sidescrolling elements could have been...less generic.

Still, it somehow comes together to form a game that's nice and comfy. It's one of my "I'm bored on Friday nights, what do I play?" games because it's easy to pick up and finish rather quickly.

>> No.883427

>>883315
it's an omen. God wants you to play that precious vidya gaem. do it or he strikes you with thunder.

>> No.883530

does it make me bad

>> No.883601

>>883319
Certainly. I felt that the sim elements were way too shallow. At times it could barely even be called a sim, more like a town themed puzzle. I understand that linear gameplay such as this was necessary to keep the game moving, but it would be nice if there was more room to flex the players god muscles.

It is a very comfy game, however, and I would openly welcome a modern sequel that tied together these two genres.