[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 49 KB, 256x255, Ffl_boxfront.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
866609 No.866609 [Reply] [Original]

So sense SAGA 2 got translated and SAGA 3 almost translated for the DS.
Should i play the first game on the GB Final Fantasy legend.
How dose it hold up by GB standards can i play it efectivly wo having to read a manual or should i just skip to SAGA 2.

>> No.866647

Well, it's alright, for a Gameboy game. Doesn't quite hold a candle to 2 and 3, though. Then again... you more or less get to take on the 4 Chinese gods/guardians/whatever the fuck they are...and RIP GOD APART WITH A CHAINSAW. I am NOT joking. Hell, you could even literally throw a god damn nuke at him!

You'll probably be fine without the manual, just know that Monsters can't use equipment or items, Mutants pretty much have effectively only four slots for equipment and items due to their powers taking the four upper slots, Monsters change depending on the meat they eat, Mutants can "naturally" gain stats, while Humans have eight slots for equipment and items, but must raise their stats with items.

Sorry if it's not that great of a response.

>> No.866650

I wouldn't recommend the first one
It's aged horribly

>> No.866651

I enjoyed it a lot as a kid

>> No.866662

I'd recommend it, also it is only about 8~12 hours long as well.

>> No.866670

Iv tired the game how can i tell which weapon deals how much damage or which item dose what?

>> No.866787

>>866670
by testing it

>> No.867601

>>866670
>>866787

While it does seem like a wise ass remark, unfortunately, it's pretty much the only way to actually tell if it's strong or not, various guides aside. A general rule of thumb is that the more expensive a weapon is, the stronger it is.

>> No.867609

>>867601
>A general rule of thumb is that the more expensive a weapon is, the stronger it is.
I was about to say this, but that just seemed a bit too obvious. Final Fantasy Legend II still doesn't have weapon attack notifiers for any of its weapons.

Though at times there is little to lose since most expensive will usually be most powerful and since depending upon the two races that can equip items you still have four slots to experiment with so if you got a bad weapon it isn't too bad because chances are you have another weapon equipped anyway.

>> No.867651
File: 43 KB, 922x644, makaitoushisaga_engshots[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You could always play the Wonderswan Color version. It's also completely translated.