[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 70 KB, 479x640, 7C37E6A5-A503-4BD1-BD89-1A3B12866482.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8617405 No.8617405 [Reply] [Original]

I love collecting retro games. Personally I have several hundred games across a few dozen consoles and handhelds. I go out hunting for games often and love adding to my collection. What started as a small handful of games from my childhood evolved into a shrine to the goddess of nostalgia. I have most of the gems for the consoles I own, but I also enjoy picking up obscure games that I have never heard of. I only buy games that look interesting.

But I absolutely hate people who buy up all these old games and never fucking play them. At that point you're just hoarding. Games are meant to be played, not sit on a shelf for "decoration." If you want decorations buy some fucking gaming decorations, there's a ton. Buy the games because you intend to play them.

And I'm including import gamers in this rant. If you can play the games you import then good for you, but so many of you sorry losers buy games you can't read just because they look pretty on your shelf and you can't afford the localized copy. And if you're buying games you literally cannot play that were never even released in your territory then you should just off yourself at that point because you're at Omega levels of hoarding and there's no rescuing you. If you go for a complete set and you're not an archiver then you're just a hoarder.

Pic related isn't my collection.

>> No.8617416

>>8617405
Kek

>> No.8617423

>>8617405
>Personally I have several hundred games
>But I absolutely hate people who buy up all these old games and never fucking play them.
yikes

>> No.8617424

>>8617405
I also collect video games except they're all digitally stored on my computer costing me total of $0.00

>> No.8617432

>>8617405
is this the birth of an epic new meme?

>> No.8617439

>>8617423
I play all of my games. I have 5 games in my collection that I haven't played yet and I just bought them this week. They're sitting in my "to be played" bin waiting for this weekend.

>>8617424
Cool. I used to do that too. Sometimes I still do that if I want to try out a game, but if I like it enough then I want to add it to my collection so I can pull it out and play without fumbling around with emulators and settings. If it was just me I wouldn't care but I like to play with my kids and my friends.

>> No.8617778

>>8617405
>>8617439

If your collection is as big as you say it is no way you've played even half of them

>> No.8617789

>>8617778
>Buy Game
>Pop it into the ole sega genesis
>Run around the first level for 3 minutes
>Pop in another game
"Ahhh...I fucking hate coomlectors"

>> No.8617814

Video games are meant to be played!
Coomlectors should buy up all those non-working copies and leave the actual games for us.

>> No.8617821

If you buy a game, beat it, and then leave it on your shelf to never be played again, you are still a coomlector.

>> No.8617832
File: 242 KB, 440x481, emu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8617424

>> No.8617852

>>8617832
This is true, only thing worse than a coomlector is an emu tranny

>> No.8617854

I like collecting games. I have a single bookcase that I keep my manga and video games on. I have around a hundred games total across PSX, Saturn, PC Engine CD, Super Famicom, N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube, PS2, PS3 and PS4. I also have a couple of flash carts. My whole collection takes up less than five square feet of space and is all stuff that sees pretty regular use, and even if I decide I need to part with it at some point it will probably have a pretty good resale value in the future.
I emulate stuff pretty often too; that's generally how I decide whether or not I want to add another game to my library. I don't really get people who say that dealing with physical media is tedious because it only adds to the experience for me. I like pulling something off my shelf and admiring the boxart and reading the manual before I put the game in. I was kinda bummed when games started having fewer printed materials included with them and started to rely more on day one patches and updates.

>> No.8617872

>>8617821
Shame we can't borrow games from each other like we did as kids.