[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 73 KB, 500x656, oonotsutomu aliensoldier.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8598351 No.8598351 [Reply] [Original]

Anybody want to talk Alien Soldier/treasure games?
Trying to improve my runs but the continue system feels like it works against you, like it's possible to lose your way into a corner on certain stages, but I'm only up to stage 9 or so.

>> No.8598509

Treasure made the game sin and punishment for the n64. That game kicked ass

>> No.8598634

>>8598351
Alien Soldier is a chad game for chads, don't expect the average /vr/gin to be able to appreciate it.

>> No.8598907

>>8598351
Make sure you practice using the counter force. Most projectiles can be countered, leading to more health pickups to keep you going.
Feel free to abuse the zero teleport as well, you're invincible during the teleport so you can use it to phase through bosses in order to avoid attacks. At full health, getting a phoenix teleport off to damage a boss is a big boost, so work on getting your timing right.
If you're just starting, primarily use the silver armour. The gold armour uses depeletes your ammo faster.
I'd suggest having at least one homing force while going through the game for the first time. It's a cheap weapon to clear basic enemies, saving your other weapons for the bosses.

>> No.8599191

>>8598907
does gold armor just have higher firing speed? I've been mostly using the gold armor because moving while shooting just seems better for most stages and bosses so far.