[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 148 KB, 479x309, 1536803720399.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8595985 No.8595985[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>read review for port of retro game
>awful shit port horrible worst ever a million reasons why don't buy this shit sad to say it's trash great game horrible port
>try it anyway
>runs fine

i know it's you guys doin this

>> No.8595990

Examples?

>> No.8596003

>>8595990
just about any retro port on steam (yes i'm a steamfag i know you guys hate steam) has a bunch of reviews that are like this. most recently monster hunter 1 & 2 and baldur's gate dark alliance have a bunch of these, but every single time in the past the game runs fine and i just have to configure the controls custom or fix the resolution. it's always just little things that can be fixed but a lot of these guys have the autism you might find in a crt filter thread on here, except these reviews they won't even attempt to fix it. they'll have like 20 mins of playtime and since it wasn't configured pefectly on install they get mad at the publisher and refund.

happens like every fucking time lol

>> No.8596046

I'm playing the N64 version of RE2 right now, and honestly, on my CRT TV, I couldn't really tell you the difference between this and the GC version I played years ago. I guess the pre-rendered elements are lower res, but I was expecting something way more pronounced.
On the plus side, it's cool that you can turn the blood blue and switch to non-tank style controls, which are really handy for block pushing puzzles.

>> No.8596116

>>8595990
DonPachi for Saturn gets routinely slammed as being a terrible port but the game itself runs fine, it just has some absolutely diabolical load times