[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 80 KB, 500x377, famicontroller.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
852849 No.852849 [Reply] [Original]

I've used the dpad of every Nintendo controller, NES through to Wii U.

Recently I purchased a famicom, after a few hours of playing it I noticed my left thumb starting to hurt and it continued throughout the day after I stopped playing.

This is the first time a dpad has ever caused me any pain (with the exception of the Playstation dpad, but I don't consider that... thing a dpad), I'm wondering why this is? It doesn't appear to be that much different than a NES controller and I've had no issues with using that.

Also, how do I go about overcoming this? Is it worth just playing through the pain and eventually my thumb'll thoughen up?

>> No.852868

bump

>> No.852880

>>852849
>Is it worth just playing through the pain and eventually my thumb'll thoughen up?
If it's a skin irritation, like a blister, then yes, but otherwise, you should definitely just get a more comfortable controller. Tendinopathic afflictions of the hand can get really painful and last for fucking ever.

>> No.852934

pretty sure it is the same pad, having played both. Are you holding it the same way as the NES controller? The Famicom is more rounded, so you may be holding it tighter, and you have just not noticed.

>> No.852941

It's got the exact same guts as a NES controller, I think the only difference is the ridges it has to fit on the side of the Famicom, maybe that's what's causing it?

>> No.855020
File: 400 KB, 488x519, 1364411329309.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>852849
>with the exception of the Playstation dpad, but I don't consider that... thing a dpad

While I agree with you about the PS dpads, you haven't seen the true horror that is the GP2X F200 dpad.

>four separate buttons as a dpad
>games that require diagonal inputs are practically unplayable

I think the dpads for the Wonderswans are supposed to have the same problem.