[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 9 KB, 236x137, 00000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8476295 No.8476295 [Reply] [Original]

/vr/ - related feels thread, come and vent about bad experiences and stuff

>parents were poorfags and alcoholics for most of my childhood and teen years
>only briefly had any up-to-date gaming gear in my life
>I had to play games that were old even back then if I wanted to play anything at all
>it ruined gaming for me

>> No.8476305

I was recently thinking it sucks how for any given discussion, most people haven't played that game in a while so nobody is on the same page and you really can't get that deep into the game. But with new games you can have discussion about every single aspect of it since there's so many people interested in it and playing it.

>> No.8476313

Not a "bad" experience per se but an example of being a dumb kid and regretting it. Back in 1997 I spent an entire Thanksgiving in my basement grinding AP in Final Fantasy VII while the sound of my family celebrating upstairs echoed. Not all those people are still alive so it means I missed out on one extra holiday with them for something so trivial.

>> No.8476325

>>8476313
lol one time I brought our SNES on vacation (I fucking know) and spent a whole day playing SSF2 one time when my family went to be with relatives.

>> No.8476335
File: 29 KB, 550x550, gk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8476325
I once played vidya to drown out the sound of my brother fucking his girlfriend next door

>> No.8476340

>>8476313
When I was 12 I went to visit my grandma on the west coast for a month, and I spent almost all of it playing PC games on her computer. It was amazing because the internet was actually good enough for online multiplayer unlike my home PC, but she got very angry that I stayed in the guest room the whole time and didn't hang out with anyone. But I don't regret it since she was shitty to me in general and not really the nice kind of grandma most people have.

>> No.8476363
File: 183 KB, 640x400, 1639452592805.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8476313
That was me this Christmas Eve. My Aunt brings her grandkids that she adopted, and while they are teens there is something about them that makes me uncomfortable/puts me on edge. So, I greeted my Aunt the grandkids and then excused myself while everyone else had fun and laughs and whatnot upstairs.

>> No.8476368

Was playing Super Mario 64 having a blast when my mom came bursting through the front door bawling her eyes out because my grandma died.

>> No.8476373

Grew up during the 90s recession in Canada, and my family was poor as fuck. In order to get me a bunch of old PS1 games, my parents had to get a loan with a 22% interest rate. It was only $50 but it took us a year to even pay it off, we couldn't even afford small stuff like milk.

>> No.8477965

>>8476295
When I was a kid (4 yesrs) I was scary and cried a lot just to play some Rockman game for NES, I don't remember wich

>> No.8478427

>be a toddler
>older cousins having a blast with UMK3
>family gatherings they always played some
>fast foward my teens
>trained that shit to beat them
>even won some minor tournaments
>grandma died and we never had a family gathering again
>never ever

>> No.8478721

>let friend borrow Pokemon Emerald when we were kids
>realized a decade later I never got it back
>text him about it and he said he doesn't even remember having it but he'll look
>he's like minimalist modern boho hippie dude thanks to his wife and even before her he was pretty antimaterialist, so I assume he probably threw it away

That was months ago. I'm never getting my Emerald back, am I?