[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 19 KB, 256x252, megamanlegends2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
843401 No.843401 [Reply] [Original]

Here is where we share stories of huge mistakes we have made regarding the treatment of our games.

>I bought a copy of megaman 8 for ps1 at a pawn shop $4
>When I got home I opened the case to see that there was a different game in there
>It was megaman legends 2, I decided to try it out
>Saw that it was not normal 2-D game, got pissed
>Proceeded to take the game out of ps1 and destroy it

>tfw I destroyed a copy of megaman legends 2

>> No.843406

>Destroying a game because it's not what you wanted

Bet you were spoiled.

>> No.843410

Well, I think you won OP. Thread's over.

>> No.843471

>Be a kid
>Have a Saturn with Sonic jam, RE, some flight sim I can't remember the name of, Quake, Virtua cop 2, a light gun as well as some other games.
>Leave games on the living room floor, console on the television stand.
>House floods badly while we are camping
>Games all destroyed console untouched
>That tiny error cost me my whole Saturn collection.

I still have the console on my shelf, I'll rebuild my games some day.

>> No.843480

>>843401
You're a little bitch. Who the fuck breaks a game because its not what you expected?

>> No.843483

>>843471
That's not really your fault. How were you supposed to know your house would flood?

>> No.843487

>>843480
Kids who have no sense of what a currency's worth.

Obviously, he knows it was bad now. Kids make mistakes. It's a thing they do.

>> No.843498

>>843483
I know, but I always take care of my games. I didn't put my things away once and it cost me everything.

>> No.843513

>>843406
>>843480

Well, another reason I broke the game was because I felt like the megaman franchise was betraying itself by making a 3-D game.

>> No.843529

>>843401
What shitty box art. Good job, OP.

>> No.843559

Well, I suppose most of us made this mistake, but I wish I kept more of the game boxes instead of destroying them. The few boxes I have are all GBC/GBA and two Super Famicom ones.

>> No.843582

>>843401
You did the right thing OP. That game was terrible.

>> No.843609

went to disc replay and bout final fantasy anthology which includes ffv and ffiv...the guy outs in a 3rd disc and i open it at home and he put in ff tactics...im happy

>> No.843627

As a man who loves the MML franchise more than the X franchise. This thread frustrates me.

>> No.843664
File: 36 KB, 420x577, 15463.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>9 yr old
>nes is basement, neighbors pool burst, floods basement
>insurance company doesnt know the nes 'chip the edge' trick
>all games 'broken'
>50+games including tengen tetris, duck tales 2 and pro sport hockey
>insurance company gives $10 per game
>8 yr old me excited for buying new SNES!
>28yr old me sad for life

>> No.843683
File: 13 KB, 200x215, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>parents have a yard sale
>i want to but cod and xbox live
>selling nes with smb and smb3 and n64 with ssb and more cool games
>end up selling n64 with games
and 4 controllers for 40.00
>regrets.regrets.
>slowly rebuilding n64 collection
>thank god no one bought my nes
>see that super smash brothers is now 40.00 max
>mfw

>> No.843690

>10 years old
>step brother gives me Gamecube with 11 games
>ikaruga is one of them
>try it a few times
>trade it into EB games

It's like 80 bucks now

>> No.843701

>>843690
I have a copy of GC Ikaruga that I got for $35 a few years ago.
I'm not particularly fond of barrage shooters

>> No.843707

>Gave away my gba because it was "old"
I don't want this feel....

>> No.843717

I gave my N64 expansion pack away, as well as the first pokemon stadium. Not a big deal, but I have to get around to buying another before I can play MM again. I also lost my controller pak.

>> No.843719

>>843664
What's 'chip the edge' trick? I've never heard that one either.

>> No.843727

>>843701
Me neither, I have it and some other rare GC games (apparently) that I don't exactly love but don't feel detached enough to get rid of.

>> No.843746

>>843513
Did you smash apart the sealed copy of Mega Man X3 your granny bought you because it didn't have Protoman in it too?

>> No.843751

I lent a lot of games to my brother. He put huge scratches into about half of the CDs.

>> No.843757

Anyways. Personal mistakes-
Opening the sealed copy of Super Star Wars
Giving Mega Man 2 and Star Fox SNES away. Free.
Letting Mega Man 8 get scratched.

>> No.843761

>>843401
Hang on, you said "I"

What were you doing at a Pawn Shop alone, buying with money?

Please don't tell us you're an adult who broke a video game in a fit of rage.

>> No.843769

>>843761

I had saved up some money so my mom took me to the pawn shop to look for a cheap game.

>> No.843770

>>843683
You brought this upon yourself

>> No.843779

>>843513
Did you catch a case of severe down syndrome as a child too?

>> No.843801

>>843683
>i want to but cod and xbox live

out

>> No.843805

>My poor, poor N64
It's been through so much shit from my retarded younger self
I literally spilled a full glass of milk onto it once
Nintendium or not that thing took some damage
And now it doesn't work anymore ;_;

>> No.843835
File: 365 KB, 700x1015, H009-GBP-SILVER-01.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>9th birthday
>get this, greatest gift ever
>didn't even come with any games
>spend birthday sitting in my room turning it on and watching the logo scroll down in awe
>cherish it for years, keep it in immaculate condition

>5 years later, middle school
>going on field trip, want to take Game Boy along for long ride
>inexplicable middle school insecurity makes me self-conscious of how pristine it looks
>go outside to rough it up, kick it around in the dirt, scrape it along the sidewalk, scratch the screen up with an exact-o knife
>parents ask me why i'm ruining a gift they saved up money to buy for me
>feel like a fucking idiot
>don't even play it during the bus ride

>> No.843842

>>843801
I mean I wanted to buy cod and xbox live. I regret it now. I hate cod now

>> No.843848

>>843683
>mfw a kid sold me his smash bros for 5 dollars and his controller for 10

>> No.843860

>>843835
this game me a chuckle because I kind of understand the reason you did this

>> No.843881
File: 9 KB, 238x273, 1254973370572.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>megaman legends 2
>mfw I get to the water ruins
Do all water levels have to be boring and repetitive?

>> No.843915

>>843835
>>843860

I don't... is it so he could be like heh yeah I dug up this ol' thing to play, gameboys are for babies or something?

>> No.843924

>>843881
I don't understand water levels at all

>hey, let's take this fast pace fine tuned game and make one level take place in a substance that makes the action cumbersome and slow

>FUCKING GENIUS

>> No.843927

>roughly ten years ago
>meet sketchy poor redneck prick
>he steals a STACK of my CDs
>thankfully, most of them were old and useless stuff
>but a lot of them were new PS2 games and old games like Mega Man Legends 2
>man up for once in my life
>go to his house and get them back
>get literally everything back but Mega Man Legends 2
>couldn't find it at his house
>never see it again

I know he wasn't hiding it because he doesn't even like games like that.

>> No.843980

>>843401

Have a boxed NES collection including LoZ, Final Fantasy, Mario games, the usual. Still, boxed with manual.

Go to Gamestop, trade it all in for a copy of Ape Escape, this is ps2 era, so I got about 10 dollars for it.

I mean, AE is a great game but....fuck. Someone should have stopped me.

I'm sure the guys at the counter just took everything home.

>> No.843994

>>843980
Why did you type in that weird prose? How bizarre

>> No.844197

>>843915
I think he wanted to say
>Its not like I cared about it or anything
to his friends.

>> No.844667

>Have great SNES collection
>All the classics
>SMW, ALTTP, Starfox, DKC, Secret of Mana, Mega Man X, F-Zero, Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, etc...
>Get older, get into computer games
>Go to college
>Bring NES/SNES with me.
>Year goes by, don't end up playing it much
>Mom comes by school a few weeks before semester ends, I put SNES shit in the back of her car
>A week later, she gets rear-ended by some old bitch
>My SNES shit still in back of her car
>Her car comes back, sans box

Shoulda handled my own shit. I ended up rebuying most of the games on Virtual Console on Wii later on. But dammit, where's Starfox?

>> No.845592

>>843582
Mega Man Legends is terrible in general. Seems to be pretty popular for some reason, and Inafune calls it his favorite series. What.

>> No.845590

>>843487
Couldn't care less about money when I was a kid, but I still didn't randomly destroy things because they made me mad.

Especially things I actually cared about.

>> No.845607

>>844197
>being this tsundere

>> No.845613

>>844667
>buying VC games on wii when the Wii can run snes emulators pretty damn well and with even more features, like savestates, having all your games on one app instead of several channels, output in 240i, etc.

wow what a waste of fucking money, eh?

>> No.845620

>>845613
>not simply emulating on your PC

Doing it wrong.

>> No.845629

>>845620
>lugging around a pc for snes emulation when the wii can output component and is far more portable and convenient

Why do pc users try and stick their nose in EVERYTHING and act like they're hot shit and untouchable? Yes, believe it or not having an emulator box with wireless snes shaped controllers that literally only requires an sd card and maybe a usb stick drive or portable hdd may in fact be more convenient to people who don't want to use their pc for every fucking thing they do

>> No.845631

>>845629
not only an emulator box, it's literally the size of 3 dvd cases, shit is portable as fuck

>> No.845636

>>845620
>not wanting play old consoles on the telly
get rekt m8

>> No.845638

>>845636
Are you seriously suggesting not using a pc for something as simple as emulating classic games? WOW WHAT A FUKEN NOOB PEE CEE MASTER RACE ALL THE WAAYYY BABY!

>> No.845642

>>845638
>this scrub called me a noob

what year is it did I enter a dr who portal

>> No.845654

>>845629
That's because we are. You seem to be under the impression that PCs are a giant box of expensive hardware or something. It isn't. It's a platform, just like consoles.

A laptop is far more portable and useful. Just plug a controller and you're done. We've reached the point where we can emulate Wii games too.

>>845636
PCs can output to TVs just fine. If you even need to do anything, it'll be buying a VGA to TV out adapter.

It's simple.

>>845638
Woah, must have touched some kind of nerve. Too many people stepped on your toes?

>> No.845656

>Have NES and SNES in good condition
>lose both when i move in elementary school
at least i didnt have too many games for those
>have n64 with 30+ games in great condition
>only thing is i wrote the names of each game on the top of the cart in sharpie so i could display them with only the tops showing
>leave it at that house, eventually aunt and her shitstain kids move in
>i let them play the n64
>they fucking take it and all the games when they move, tell their mom i said they could keep it
>asked for it back a month ago and aunt said she'd check but she's not sure if they still have it
>all together my collection is easily worth 200+ because of inflated prices

also
>traded in gba collection to get a ds

>> No.845689

>>845654
>That's because we are. You seem to be under the impression that PCs are a giant box of expensive hardware or something.

A decent one is

>It's a platform, just like consoles.

No consoles are dedicated gaming machines, PCs are consumer devices meant for a wide variety of purposes other than playing games, they just happen to do that too.

>A laptop is far more portable and useful.
Just plug a controller and you're done.
No it's not nearly as portable, and find me a controller I can "plug" that's as convenient as a classic controller on the wii
>We've reached the point where we can emulate Wii games too.

Find me a laptop than can play a wii game as good as actual wii hardware can that's on par with the cost of a wii and the convenience and portability of one as well. I'll wait. I know PCs can emulate wii games in 1080p with great features, but you'll need at least a top tier pc that can do this at a decent framerate

>> No.845710

>having this much green vomit in this thread

>> No.845715

>>845689
You don't need decent PCs to emulate SNES games, unless you're using Higan. I've taken my old-ish laptop to friends' houses and held Bomberman tournaments using it. We used USB Dual Shock 2 controllers and played on a big screen.

You can also use Wii's controllers on any computer that supports Bluetooth. I prefer the keyboard because I literally grew up with it, but you can use anything you like.

>> No.845719

>>845715
hey it's a matter of personal preference, I personally play all my games on actual cartridges, I haven't emulated since I was stupid kid who didn't have a job.

you're not ever gonna convince anyone who likes to play games on console to switch to pc emulation, it's just a difference of opinions.

>> No.845725

>>845719
Well, that guy was ripping on someone for wasting money on Virtual Console when he could be running emulators on the Wii. It was probably the most ironic thing I've ever read on /vr/.

Anyway, for me it's the opposite. I have actual consoles and portables but I just play the games on the computer. Because of convenience, features and also because I suck with controllers and am literally unable to play the game without a keyboard.

>> No.845748

>>843719
you rent a game,unscrew the cartridge,take out the actual chip out of that bitch,and send back the 'broken' cartridge.
my old man did it for years before they started getting cartridges out with proprietary screws.

>> No.845754

>>845725
that is a bizarre affliction for a retro gamer.

peace mah nigga.

>> No.845763
File: 7 KB, 480x323, 32165198135183251.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>845748
>Go to garage sale
>Former LJN Employee has a box of twenty five "The Incredible Crash Dummy's" NES Game for five dollars
>Buy entire box for no reason, it was only five dollars after all

Two years later...

>Be friends with people who /retrovidya/
>One has NES collection, we game constantly
>Stay home from school one day, break into his bedroom through upstairs window
>Replace 25 Gameboards with 25 Crash Dummy's Boards
>Come over next day
>Ask to play Ice Hockey
>mfw he loses his shit

>> No.845761

>>845715
Wii can emulate more than snes, and has wii/gc backup suport with ports for gc peripherals. Wii wins, sorry

>> No.845767

>>845725
>also because I suck with controllers and am literally unable to play the game without a keyboard.

Do you have the downs?

>> No.845772

>>845761
>wii can emulate more than snes

PCs can emulate literally everything. Moot point.

>has wii/gc backup support
>backup

Only if you have modded hardware, and with new generation consoles that's annoying as fuck due to updates. You can also install custom firmware, if they exist, but I don't think they do.

But yeah, a standard laptop might not be able to emulate the Wii yet.

Also, last time I checked, the Wii couldn't connect with stuff like the game boy player. I know because I own one.

>> No.845778

>>845767
No, I quite simply don't want to learn. I can play Zangief on a keyboard, but I can't pull off hadoukens reliably on a Dual Shock 2.

I could if I trained for a week or something, but my game time is limited at best and I don't want to waste any of it.

Games that don't demand much execution or precision are fine.

>> No.845780

>>845763
that is a lot of work for a very stupid prank. I applaud you.

you should use the crash dummies cartridges for other pranks
>make mocked up Nintendo world championships, zombie nation, little samson, and other prototype cartridges
>give them as gifts/ show off on social media.

>> No.845783

>>845780
What's a lot of work? It took about 45 minutes total. Watched Futurama on Netflix while I did it. He started trying other games, he got four in before I started laughing. He legit thought that something insane was going on.

>> No.845796

>>845772
uhhhh the wii is the most easily softmodded console out there as far as I know, you literally just have to put files on an sd card and click on a letter on the wii's bulletin board. It's pretty simple stuff man. And updates never killed online on the wii, you can even play mario kart online with hacked tracks and nintendo won't ban you

>Also, last time I checked, the Wii couldn't connect with stuff like the game boy player. I know because I own one.

That's an entirely moot point considering there are emulators that can run gameboy to gameboy advance flawlessly on the wii... not even sure why you brought that up

I'm getting the suspicion you know jack shit about this topic...

>> No.845801

>>845778
There's nothing TO learn... you just move your thumbs around... besides fighting games are shitty on keyboards AND controllers, learn to arcade stick nigger

>> No.845803

>>843401
>some guy lost his job and his having a hard time paying rent
>he is forced to pawn a few things, including his favorite game, MML2
>he intends to return for it, but hasn't yet got the money
>OP comes along and destroys his game
>that guy will never get to see his MML2 that he loved so much ever again

>> No.845806

>>845796
Um, I want to mod my Wii, but I havent ever found a definitive answer for this, I know how the modding works though.

My family uses the Wii for Netflix. If I mod this, I'm not gonna fuck up their netflix viewing, am I?

>> No.845814

>>845806
Nintendo literally gives no fucks. I have done horrible things to my Wii's nand over the years and I can still go on netflix

Also why the fuck does your family watch netflix on a wii of all things? The video quality is ASSSSS

>> No.845816

>>845806
>watching netflix on the wii.

nigga that shits ugly as sin compared to HD consoles and other netflix boxes.

>> No.845815

>>845783
so wackeh lmao xP

>> No.845817

>>845796
Well, I know more about modding PSPs than Wiis. Never modded mine. I know other consoles have problems with online, but Nintendo's fucktarded when it comes to networking so it's not surprising they managed to fuck up their own copy protection as well.

I brought game boy player up since you mentioned GC peripherals. Since GC and Wii controllers can be easily adapted to work on any computer, I assumed you must have been talking about something else.

>>845801
>arcade stick

Yeah, if I must learn anything I think I'll end up buying one of those or maybe even making my own.

The only games I have trouble with are fighting and platforming games, controllers are fine for everything else.

Except first person shooters. Controllers suck ass at those. There is no arguing over this.

>> No.845826

> Nintendo's fucktarded when it comes to networking so it's not surprising they managed to fuck up their own copy protection as well.

I don't understand why when companies like sony and microsoft pump out updates and ban users with mods get banned from online connectivity they get painted as evil fascists, but when nintendo simply gives no fucks suddenly it's a negative thing on them

>> No.845834

>>845826
It's a negative for them because they also fail hard at building multiplayer infrastructure. Seriously, friend codes? Are you fucking retarded?

Crippled networking just kind of came along with that package.

>> No.845835

>>845826
he's probably talking about previous generations anyways.

the wiiu and 3ds have excellent online. I was jacking off to porn on my wiiu pad this morning.

>> No.845841

>>845835
I'm talking about the Wii. If somehow Nintendo hasn't gotten its shit together by this point, I'll be seriously fucking disappointed.

>> No.845845

>>845841
yeah friend codes were stupid weren't they? oh well.

>> No.846021

>>845592
the first one and the prequel were actually pretty good (despite the fidgety controls and corny dialogue)

>> No.848517

>>845835

I'm really glad you brought up the fact that you looked at porn to strengthen your defense the wiiu, gave me a laugh :)

>> No.849383

I only have one big one.

>Leave all N64 games at dad's house (divorced parents) because I was sick of taking them all with me every weekend just to have something to do.

>He sells them all for drug money.

>> No.849393

When I was in 5th grade I thought I was "too old" for Pokemon... I gave away most of my Gen 1 and 2 games. All I have left is Yellow and Gold.

>> No.849398

I peeled off every sticker on every console I had. From the GBA's stickers, to the SP model to the Gamecube and the Gameboy Pocket. If it had a sticker, I removed it and probably nuked the value of the things. I never intended to sell the things in the first place, so I didn't think anything of it, but still.

>> No.849410

>>845763
That reminds me of the guy who put pictures of the druid guy all over his friend's apartment.

>> No.849815

>>843498
This will be a story you will be telling your grandchildren one day
>Kids, put away your things. Pay attention in school. Eat your vegetables. Brush your teeth. Because the one time you don't... the world will find a way to fuck you over!

>> No.849835

>>845613
but wii VC actually counts towards official speed runs. The SNES emulator on the wii is a tad bit faster so it doesn't count

>> No.849880

>>845772
Modded hardware and modded firmware are two different things.

>> No.852285

>>843915
Pretty much. That was about the age I started calling pokemon things like "the bird," and "the frog with an onion on its back", because I wanted people to think I was too cool to remember their names.

>> No.853109

>>843690

No it isn't you fucking retard. It occasionally sells for $50 plus shipping AT THE MOST, most sell for between $25 and $40. It's worth about $40.

>> No.853158
File: 45 KB, 712x546, 1365783012718.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I washed my Super Nintendo.

As in, poured water in it.

It worked again after it dried a few days later.

>> No.853181

my worst retro disaster was dead pixels on my gameboy pocket. in modern, i managed to break a gamecube by piping way too much in PSO1+2.

>> No.853948

>>853181

You broke your GC by using warp pipe? How?

>> No.853959

>>853948
Load screens + disc search.

>> No.853989
File: 85 KB, 725x1021, H-4_Dark_Charizard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>At bus stop during middle school
>Kid says he has a holographic charizard first edition
>Says he wants a game boy
>Agree to trade him my game boy pocket for his charizard
>Bring GB to school the next day
>He shows me the charizard
>It's fucking this card
>Wasn't even first edition
>Was to beta to say no
>Trade anyway

>> No.853997

It was the first time I played Pokemon Blue. I was near the very end of the game when I noticed the battery low indicator. We didn't have any more batteries in the house and I couldn't wait to beat the game so I kept playing. I got to the fight with Bruno when I heard a very loud popping explosion. It was like several little high pitched firecrackers going off at once. I felt my Game Boy become EXTREMELY hot so I dropped it onto the floor in reaction. After a little while I picked it back up when it was cool again. I opened up the back and battery acid was everywhere. I pulled out the only non-popped battery that was safe to touch with my bare hands and saw the inside of my Game Boy. The acid had melted through the thin plastic in the battery compartment and damaged the circuit board. Pokemon Blue was not harmed so I removed it. I knew there was no repairing it, so I threw it out. I distinctly remember giving it a moment of silence since I always had a soft spot for broken machines.

>> No.854005
File: 964 KB, 1824x1368, DSCN0053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lending a child in the family my gameboy color.
This is how it looks like now.

>> No.854019

>>853158

That's the thing you gotta love about cart-based systems: durability.

I took my Game Gear in the shower with me once. Worked fine all through that and for years after.

>> No.854021
File: 63 KB, 615x820, whatthefuckhappened.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854005

Children are like pets. They fuck things up and they're proud of it.

>> No.854028

>>853997
I'm pretty sure batteries don't explode when they die.

>> No.854030
File: 895 KB, 1824x1368, DSCN0055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854021
He came up to be and went "look anon I made it as cool as your gameboy!".
I beat him over the head with the gameboy.
Luckily, his parents aren't spineless twats and told him he deserved it when he ran crying to them.

Also, to explain that:
I had a black GBASP I had "modded" by putting patterns of duct tape over it. Had a Triforce on the cover with ornate patterns everywhere else, all in cut-out duct tape.

>> No.854037

>>854021
>having a door made out of cardboard
You got what you paid for.

>> No.854042

>>843757
>Opening the sealed copy of Super Star Wars
Don't be one of those guys. Games exist to be played.

>> No.854040

>>854030
Someone should beat you over the head for letting children play with your stuff.

>> No.854045
File: 134 KB, 500x333, kekeke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854005
I have a five-year-old nephew. He doesn't even want to play my N64 because it's old and "the controller looks weird", he only wants to play my Xbox that I only have shit games for anyway.

>mfw he's stuck playing Conflict Vietnam, The Matrix: Path of Neo, etc.
>mfw I have Perfect Dark and SSB all to myself, not to mention the SNES

>> No.854047

>>854028

These ones did. I didn't put dynamite in the battery area, for fuck's sake.

>> No.854048

>>854040
Didn't happen, but I did take a switch to my back while meditating under a very cold waterfall for an hour and chanting "no kids touch my things" over and over.

>> No.854056

>>853989
Dark Charizard is a better card than the base set one fool. Base set charizard is such an energy drain that takes too long to power up for his output. Yah he can one hit anyone but he's shit. Dark Charizard can 1 hit niggaz too

>> No.854061

>>854056
No one got Pokemon cards to actually play them. We got them to collect them. In that sense, a dark charizard is chump change compared to a first ed. normal Charizard.
Magic and Yugioh were much better for actually playing with.

>> No.854062

>Trade FFIII (VI) for II (IV)
>Regret to this day

>Consider trading Super Metroid in for cash
>Jews at vidya shop only want to give me "points"
>Check ebay prices
>Keep game, regret nothing

>> No.854067

>have pokemon red + purp transparent gameboy
>give it to girl because I really like her
>never get my pokemon red + GBC back

at least I still have my turcoise GBC...

>> No.854068

>>852285
>in school
>Diamond and Pearl came out, HGSS hadn't yet, Pokémon wasn't cool at the time
>still play Pokémon, have one or two friends that I also know still play
>have to start all Pokémon conversations with "So, my little brother was playing Pokémon and he needed help, and when I was playing I noticed..."

Sad times, back then. Sage for not retro.

>> No.854071

>>854028
batteries explode when they fail, the reason he got the battery dying indicator by his light dimming is because its DYING when it fails.

>> No.854073

>>854061

>tfw everybody collected cards at my school but nobody wanted to play

Everybody grew out of it between then and high school, and when I finally found somebody who wanted to play, it was that one kid that every school has that smells like expired garlic bread and sits in the corner of the computer room during lunch. I still have 200+ cards in a binder in my closet that have never seen a game.

>> No.854086

>>854068
You need better friends bro
I remember the Pokemon Black and White launch party at Gamestop, shit was actually pretty cool, went with my friends, we where surrounded by more grown men that children ironically enough, and we all had a great time
Pokemon is still very relevant, Pokemon Black and White (and their sister verisons) sold nearly 20 million copies
Have a nice generation 6 in a few months anon ;)

>> No.854091

>>854073
It's both that and all the people who were in to playing card games played either Magic or Yugioh because they're simply much better. I've known a total of 2 people who played Pokemon cards and they told me they only did it for shits and giggles when they didn't feel like doing Magic.

>> No.854092

I gave away my Playstation

fucking shit

>> No.854093

>>854073
Lol i have a box of over 1000 of every type only from the original 151 series' I have a friend who plays with me sometimes. We would just each make our own decks from all the cards I have then play. Pokemon cards are fucking stupid now though all the new cards have made the old ones useless.

>> No.854094

>>854061
We used to play with the original cards all the time. We didn't really know the rules though, so I don't think we were playing it right. I've probably got 1000 cards somewhere

>> No.854098

>>854086
the new pokemon are gay and all the people you were with at gamestop are all faggets just like yourself.

>> No.854105

>>854098
>Not being a huge alpha and going out with your bros at a game launch day
>Being a beta instead and complaining about it on 4chan
I'm going with my friends to pick up GTA V AND Pokemon X and Y in a few months ;)
enjoy your nofriends anon

>> No.854110

>>854086
Oh, it's much better now than then; the stigma was your normal "Pokémon is for babbies" from middle/early high school. When HGSS came out the stigma completely went away, and though the hype from said games died a bit with Black and White (which really wasn't that good a game in my opinion, though BW2 was a great improvement), you don't get shit for liking it, especially since I'm out of high school.

Gen VI looks pretty good so far, I must say. But, such a topic is for /vp/, so I'll end the topic.

>> No.854112

>>854105
>Playing current gen pokemon
>beta as fuck
Enjoy rubbing neckbeards at gamestop

>> No.854124

>>854098
>>854112
Get out of /vr/, your kind is not wanted.

>>854105
So you're getting both, or X?
If you're getting just Y, you're a pansy.

>> No.854125

I was in high school when Leaf green and Ruby Red came out and I was still playing regular old red on my gameboy color duing math class. New pokemon games are shit, new pokemon game mechanics are shit. I still play yellow over gold and silver because shit just went downhill after 1st gen

>> No.854126

>>854110
Gen V was dissapointing as fuck because GameFreak had to rush them out of the way because the 3DS' sales suddenly shot up

>> No.854128

>>854124
shut the fuck up pokemon is barely retro you fucking underaged fagget.

>> No.854134

>>854124
Me and my friends usually decide which versions we each get every gen
I think I'm ending up with Y this gen

>> No.854135

>>854073
my mom threw all of my cards out behind my back one day

she did that with a lot of my possessions, she was always the "out with the old, in with the new" type

this lasted through 2009 when she gave away my Gamecube when she moved house (though that was partially my fault; I ultimately gave her permission to throw it in the donation bin)

I'm still gutted about losing all those Pokémon cards though.

>> No.854145

>>854112
Your posts give me a headache.

>> No.854148

>>854134
I always go with the cooler-seeming one, in tradition to how I've always done it.

>>854128
>>>/v/

>> No.854150

>>854128
Gen 1 and 2 are /vr/ material only
Gen 3 and up is better discussed on /v/ or /vp/
But c'mon now, Generation 1 is the absolute worst generation, and it had the most broken mechanics too

>> No.854151

>>854124
I'm getting Y just because I've always gotten the second version, from Blue up. I'm not fond of the name, but it's not a dealbreaker or anything.

>> No.854170

>>854151
Same here
I always wanted to be "different" when choosing a version
Gen 1 I got Blue
Gen 2 I got Silver
Gen 3 I got Sapphire and Leaf Green
The only gen I had the "cooler sounding" version was Gen 4, when I got Diamond
Gen 5 I got White (Although both Black and White both sounded fairly nuetral)
Gen 6 will be Y

>> No.854169

>>854135

>Letting mom throw your shit out

I stopped my mom from writing my name on fucking everything I ever owned in permanent marker. It took a shouting match and putting up with a day or two of her being pissy, but I saved a good amount of my stuff (including all my Yu-Gi-Oh cards, cartridges and CDs). If my mom threw away my shit behind my back, I'd start throwing her cigarettes in the trash.

>> No.854189

When I was in high school, I traded my Pokemon Diamond for a PSP for just one day only, and then I realized what a fucking terrible system the PSP was
When I got my Diamond back the next day, nothing was different, except there was several Majikarp in my box named "Dicks"

>> No.854201

>>854170
are you me
except for gen 3, I didn't get any of those

>> No.854205

>>854201
No, he's clearly me.

Except he just replied to me, so I dunno.

>> No.854210
File: 71 KB, 499x496, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854170
Dude holy shit.
You are me.
I picked all those games and for all the same reasons.

>> No.854215

>>843683
Got rid of my n64 because I'm an idiot.
Gave my SSB and Gameshark to a buddy because friends.
Now getting back into 64 and vintage vidya collecting. SSB never dips below 40 around here. Idiot.

>> No.854216
File: 102 KB, 403x293, 1367919803955.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not my own mistakes, but my own dad's mistakes:

I've told this story before:
>get a Pikachu N64 with Hey You, Pikachu! on my birthday
>beat the game, best friends with pikachu, all that good stuff
>years pass
>little brother and I get to share a PS2 for christmas
>dad thinks it's a good idea to share this happiness and wealth with our extended family so he sends my N64 and all of the games I had for it without telling me or my mother to El Salvador
>he also sends my Berry Red GBC with no games
>incoming shitstorm from my mother and myself
>no one talks about this bullshit until two years later when we all go to El Salvador to visit
>little brother remembers my consoles and asks my cousins if we can play it
>they said that the N64 controllers and games got stolen a week after they played GoldenEye on it with their friends and the console itself was lost in a flood
>and the gameboy
>I FOUND IT IN A SHOEBOX COVERED IN NARUTO STICKERS SO I FUCKING TOOK IT BACK TO ME ON THE PLANE RIDE HOME AND LEFT A DEAD FROG IN THERE FUCK YOU DAD

>> No.854249

>>843980
Goddamn Gamestop. Burn in hell.

>> No.854279

>>845689
>Consoles are dedicated gaming machines
You mean they WERE. Xbox has a giant hardon for becoming the one stop shop for all entertainment in hour house with a specially built and laid out room for your xbox.
The fact you can emulate on a console means it's no long just for playing games.

Also
>Had a SNES, brought it to college with some other shit. Decided it was cluttering up my room and sold it for dirt cheap to some towelhead on campus.
>Idiot.
>Wasn't even my first SNES. Had one before that that I sold at a garage sale. I wanted fair market price at the time on it, I fell asleep and my grandma sold it for like $5.
>Fucking hell.
I made a pact with myself recently after I missed some Xbox games I had traded for New Vegas that I would never again sell or get rid of any games period, because I ALWAYS regret it, and almost always end up re-buying shit later on.

>> No.854315

>>845725
The fuck? I beat one game on SNES with a keyboard (Sunset Riders) and it was torture. Are you retarded? USB 360 control is god-tier.
>MFW when I tried a shitload of different options, usb controllers that were 3rd party shit, getting funky ass adapters for control to usb, ect. Slam them for the shit they're pulling now but GOD BLESS xbox for making 360 shit usb.

>> No.854319

>>845778
>games that don't require precision
>Street Fighter
Seriously wtf anon. Either awesome troll, or just whatthefuckamIreading.jpeg

>> No.854325

>>854005
Shouldn't let niggers mess with your games.

>> No.854331

>>854030
>GBASP I had "modded" with duct tape
>Modded
>Duct Tape

Oh lawd....

>> No.854338
File: 42 KB, 288x499, 1372430575655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be me in 2002-3
>Aunt has another babby
>Come home one day to find my mother sorting through all my gameboy/gbc/gba games, original gameboy, gameboy colour and original purple gba are on my desk
>Ask what she's doing
>"I think you should give some of your games to your new cousin!!!"
>Yes, she wanted to give games to a several weeks old baby
>I protest, get threatened with having all my games taken and given to the damn baby if I don't voluntarily give some away
>Have to agree to let my gameboy colour + about ten games go including Pokémon silver, Wario land 2, and some other favorite games
>I manage to steal Wario Land 2 back before games are given to my cousin, but nothing else
>And here comes the mistake: I forgave my mother for taking my games and just assumed she wouldn't do the same thing again; From this point on I still kept all my games together in plain sight on a drawer instead of hiding them in different places.
>Several years later, come home as usual
>Gba is gone. Both Zelda oracles games are gone. All Mario games are gone. Wario Land 2 is gone and so is half of everything else.
>"Oh, anon, I gave those things to your cousin."
>I visit aunt's house shortly after, and in my cousin's room I see all my stuff covered in scratches & dirt. The cartridges are all chewed and even the screens of the gameboys have bite marks on them
>Cousin (about 5 yrs old by now) starts playing on the gbc. He dies in whatever game was in the thing at the time, screams, bites the gbc, then throws it against the wall
>Mfw my deceased great aunt bought me most of those things, and I had them taken and eventually destroyed in front of my eyes

It's too late for some of you, but you should always hide your games, anons.

>> No.854346

>>854073
All my feels with the same. Me and one friend started playing for awhile there after I taught him too. He got really into it/competitive which is weird since he was more a 'cool kid' type (I was the betafat friend). That feels when really competitive matches because we both know what each other plays and we're both praying for that plus power or defense card to make all the difference.

-also just feel the need to tack on, I'm a college grad with a hot girlfriend, no longer betafat. He didn't finish school, married to some chick and kid on the way. Winning.jpeg

>> No.854352

I used to work in a suncoast video right across from a gamestop. Everyone in the two stores was friendly to each other. We would give employee discounts to them, and them to us. There was this nice dude who worked the morning shift every day at GS. He would hook me up with any swag they were handing out. So one day, I go to pre-order Wind Waker. He tells me about the bonus discs. I tell him that I've never heard of the master quest. So he hands me 6 copies of the game for free. Later that year, he gave everyone in my store 2 copies of the OoT/Loz/Aol disc. Little did I know how valuable these would become. Basically I sold them all back to gamestop for a pittance. I probably got 3 dollars a piece.

>> No.854353

>>854093
This. Holy shit man. Have a buddy who got really into pokemon because according to him it's more affordable than magic. This guy could have very well been pro-tier in MTG and is getting there in Pokemon, should be in Nationals next year. I played him for shits and giggles with my grandpa deck from around 99-00 and got my ass handed to me in 2 turns. I was amazed at how much the metagame on that shit changed. Kind of retarted now IMO it's all about speed now. Not much of a fun game if it's over in 3 turns every time. Sage for not vidya

>> No.854357

>>854125
Leaf green bro. Awesome of Gen 1, plus better graphics.

>> No.854368

>a rabbit in my house chewed through my sega master system cables

>> No.854405
File: 551 KB, 245x163, 1366907766735.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854216
wait, they lied about losin the stuff but you found it and took it back in secret?
alpha as fuk man

>> No.854425
File: 403 KB, 240x199, recvrte54eg53wr43.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>854338
good thing my dad has always supported me in this stuff, at some points he is even more passioned about collecting then i am when it comes to find more stuff.
He has always been so happy to see me enjoy playing the games, he dosent even play himself, just helped me getting games i want or in general

>> No.854436

>>854062
I traded FFII for NHL '97 and Desert Strike back when I was a kid. Two games is better than one, right?

>> No.854452

>>854092
Same here.

And my SNES too. With ALL the games (30 games or so).

I even had the Doom cartridge... Red cartridges are so cool.

>> No.854536

>>854148
neckbeard namefag your underage is showing. A lot of people in /vr/ are too old for pokemon Gen 1 is perfect great graphics, great music, and broken mechanics which were great. They made the game what it should be not just overglorified rock paper scissors The new games are pure tap A grinding through everything, at least in gen 1 you could break the game and have fun with it. Also pokemon suck because they ran out of ideas the news dont even belong in the same universe as the orignials. Even gen 2 had stupid fucking starters.
>>854357
absolutely disgusting.

this is shit that belongs in /v/ vile you underage fagget

>> No.854560

>>854405
what is the story behind this gif?

>> No.854564

>>854560
no idea, got it from /wsg/ couple of months ago

>> No.855882

>>849880
I know. They both enable running unsigned code, however.

>> No.855894

>>854315
No, I'm just a lot better at playing with a keyboard than you are.

I have a wired 360 controller as well. I suck with it. At almost any game.

>>854319
I said I'm only good at games that don't require precision when I'm using controllers.

Street Fighter isn't in that group. I said in my original post that I could barely pull off hadoukens reliably on a gamepad.

>> No.855904

>360 dpad
>try to play mortal kombat 2 netplay against a friend so I can finish him
>hit back
>character jumps

Absolutely and truly awful for any game using more than 1 axis.

>> No.855906
File: 47 KB, 240x320, absolutely-disgusting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>855904
>360
>dpad

Absolutely disgusting.

>> No.857758

>>843582
0/10

>>845592
Because it actually is a good series, you just have terrible taste

>> No.859265

>>843881
Yes, because they have to emulate the despair and monotony of drowning

>> No.859274

>>845613
nobody was modding the wii in the first three months nuckfugger

I blew a whole fucking paycheck to early adopt the wii and get some good wii games

>> No.859748

>>853158
Reminds me when my absent minded korean freind washed his game cube.

>I let my older bro borrow an Xbox and N64
>Niggers broke into his house and stole them.
And I've been N64-less since...

>> No.859802

>>857758
Everytime someone brings up the Legends series the Capcom Defense Force arrives to shit on it because they're glad the series is dead.