[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 52 KB, 500x349, K64_Boxart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
841753 No.841753 [Reply] [Original]

What your most nostalgic game /vr/?
For me it's SMW and Kirby 64. Pretty entry-level games, but Mario World was pretty much the first game I ever played (born in 1994) and up until I was a teenager or so and bought the GBA port the only time I ever saw the ending screen was when my dad beat it for me.
Kirby 64 on the other hand was the first game I ever beat, and even got to the final boss on.

>> No.844118

It's really impossible for me to narrow it down to a single nostalgic game. Super Mario Bros. was the first game I played and I fondly remember playing Duck Hunt at my cousin's as well. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II and Godzilla, still on the NES, were both favorites of mine as I was really big on both of those things when I was a kid.

The first game I ever owned was Super Mario World + Super Mario All-Stars. I also played a lot of Yoshi's Island as well.

>> No.844192

Heck...probably Civil War Generals 2

>> No.844218

That's a hard question to answer. I started gaming before I can even remember on my grandfather's computer, so there isn't any one game I really started with. One of my fondest memories is with Sonic for the Master System. It was the first game I ever owned, the first game I ever beat and the second platformer I had ever played (first was SMB).

Donkey Kong Country is another I can strongly remember. That game has atmosphere out the ass, got me hooked for months on end. I think the game I have the strongest feelings towards though is A Link to the Past. That game can bring out feelings that are simply indescribable, and remains among my all-time best. I still play it annually. It's hard to explain how magical that game truly is.

>> No.844282

>>841753
Did you get all the shards and fight the REAL final boss?

Probably the most nostalgic game for me was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Born in 91 but kept playing the NES and SNES well into the N64 era. The most memorable memory came when I went to visit some relatives in Mexico. The 64 was out but they still played the NES. My brother and I pulled some clutch moments playing while older cousins and uncles watched. Pretty good time.

>> No.844823
File: 136 KB, 300x208, 300px-Papermario.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This hidden gem.

>> No.844862

DKC2s music always hits me in the nostalgic feels but I play it so often it's not full blown.

Yoshi's Island on the other hand, I booted that up a while ago and the music box music at the start almost made me tear up. It was the first game that was mine. Everything else were games my mom bought for her to play but she let me play sometimes.

>> No.844871

>>844823
>hidden gem
That's pretty funny.

>> No.844906

>>844282
>Did you get all the shards and fight the REAL final boss?
Yeah, 100%'d it.

>> No.845052

OoT is the one that sticks with me the closest. I still replay it just so I can wander around to my favorite spots and drop in on the characters I grew up with.

I recently played Earthbound for what I thought was the first time, but when I started watching the intro (especially watching the group following each other) a huge nostalgic deja vu feeling hit me. Vaguely remember borrowing it from a friend for a bit when I was 6-7 and getting about to Twoson before giving it back. The whole experience was really nostalgic but also new.

>> No.845162
File: 146 KB, 750x638, Dyna_blade.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Played Kirby Super Star so fucking much, I can't even begin to tell you. I've 100% so many times, I found so many hidden doors in so many modes. I love this game.

>> No.845373
File: 15 KB, 400x486, alexkidd.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alex Kidd in Miracle World

It saddens me very much that SEGA fucked up this guy so much. Made him look uglier in every new iteration as he started to look like that guy from MAD's magazine cover and his games became so fucking stupid. Except for Shinobi World and Miracle World, the rest is garbage.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World was so rad he had a helicopter, a bike and a boat. The starting theme got me all wired to play the game, although short, it was energetic and vibrant. It used to be the first sound I used to listen everyday when I woke up for a long time. This game also displayed a nice colourful map of the world that pointed where you were gonna play and gave you the right idea about that place. Also, he punched his enemies in the face, played jankenpo and ate hamburger(in the version I owned at least).

IMO, Miracle world is better than Mario1 and Mario 2 (be it lost levels or the other).

Double Dragon too was a game I'm very fond of. Funny thing is I didn't have two SMS controllers but Atari's controller fit in the slot so I played with my friends anyway with a handicapped partner because all that controller was capable of was moving and kicking since it had only one button.

The other game is SMS version of Choplifter. It was the first time I saw running on a master system and it felt like discovering a new world. The only videogame I experienced before was an Atari2600 and watching my friend play that new machine looked so damn good. I think the closest feeling to it would be a kid that grew with a super nintendo trying the playstation for the first time. Choplifter is far away from a favourite though.

>> No.845980

OoT, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels (which you've probably never heard of which saddens me to no end)

>> No.845983

>>845980
OH SHIT, and Tonic Trouble, too. Damn good memories.