[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 14 KB, 512x446, the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-snes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
832825 No.832825 [Reply] [Original]

Should i play this for GBA or SNES?

>> No.832831

SNES

>> No.832832

They're about the same but the GBA version has pretty crappy music. Whichever works for you.

>> No.832835

I'm playing it for the first time for SNES and really enjoying it.

>> No.832841

>>832831
this
play SNES unless you like having part of the screen missing
applies to other ports

>> No.832846

SNES. The GBA version adds a few features, but they aren't all winners. Link never shuts up, for example.

>> No.832849
File: 183 KB, 534x435, linkdream.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

GBA has an extra dungeon (if you're using an emulator, download a special save for it), lets you keep the shovel for the whole game, a better translation, an extra warp point, level names show up when you enter them, worse music, and annoying clips of Link's N64 voice.

Consider if you'd like all of that over the original.

>> No.832860

SNES:
>superior music
>superior sound
>superior aspect ratio

GBA:
>superior translation

>> No.832901 [DELETED] 

Every time I come to this board there is always fucking Zelda threads on the first page.
Fuck you Zeldafags and your oversaturated series of shit games.
The first one was great yeah, I can play that any time of the week but the rest is just shit. Your hallowed gameboy game I gave up out of sheer boredom, the same with Link to The Past on SNES.
The Zelda games are overrated as fuck.
Stop making fucking threads about it and find some decent games to play.
And stop sucking Nintendo's dick.

>> No.832976

Is the snes version harder?

>> No.832990
File: 487 KB, 500x370, 1370316862862.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>832901
>Stop liking what I dont lihihihike!!!!
Jeeeeesus bro, you sure are mad

>> No.832997

>>832901
>this angry teenager

That's right, let out all your frustrations on /vr/

>> No.833924

>>832849
You don't need a special save. There's a pretty simple game-breaking bug that'll give you access to it.

GBA version makes the SNES interface look horribly unpolished, but you have to put up with link shouting every time you swing

>> No.834023

>>832990
Great, now I have that show's fucking theme song stuck in my head. Thanks, asshole.

YAPPA PAA YAPPA PAA

>> No.834107

If you're playing a physical version of the game, I'd recommend the GBA version. Some of the music is a bit worse and the voice clips are dumb, but the portability, better translation and better interface make it worthwhile. It's probably cheaper too.

If you're emulating it, just grab the SNES version and patch it.

>> No.834123

Download the SNES version with the following patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrB73Xo5Lis

>> No.834128

Every time I come to this board there is always fucking Zelda threads on the first page. Fuck you Zeldafags and your oversaturated series of shit games.
The first one was great yeah, I can play that any time of the week but the rest is just shit. Your hallowed gameboy game I gave up out of sheer boredom, the same with Link to The Past on SNES.
The Zelda games are overrated as fuck. Stop making fucking threads about it and find some decent games to play.
And stop sucking Nintendo's dick.

>> No.834131

>>834128
epic copypasta meme XD