[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 41 KB, 256x251, Soukyugurentai.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8296160 No.8296160 [Reply] [Original]

How the fuck do I play this in English? I see people saying it was released or translated to English but yet I can find no proof of this whatsoever. I've tried every version of the game both on Saturn and Arcade and they are all full Japanese. Also why the fuck is it called Terra Diver when there is no reference to this name anywhere?

It's like pretty much the only game I've found where it's almost unplayable due to having no English text or menus. It's a really fun game, especially with the Saturn analog control, but it's just not fun when I have no idea what's going on because literally not one word of text in the entire game is in English.

>> No.8296170

>>8296160
The Arcade version was localized if I remember correctly. And that was an ST-V Titan game.

>> No.8296176

>>8296170
The MAME database only has a single version and that was only in Japanese. Also I'd rather play the Saturn since Arcade only has digital controls.

>> No.8296187

>>8296176
It's probably one of those things where the Arcade version changes depending on the Region.

>> No.8296204

>>8296170
how's the translation? I'm not going to bother if it's shoddy

>> No.8296336

>>8296204
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4M9wh1BdQY

>> No.8296356

>>8296176
>>8296187
correct, with the BIOS you can control the region and thus which version the game boots

>> No.8296420

>>8296356
It seems the logic is partially implemented on the Saturn. If you change the region of the disc it will kind of boot in English. Stuff that's Saturn exclusive is stuck in Japanese, other graphics seem to be a bit buggy probably due to it looking for stuff that's not on the disc.

>> No.8297329

Great game too

>> No.8297363

>>8296420
From what I remember, English text in this game on Saturn was an bug, not a feature. Devs ported Titan code as is, which included localized graphics if system region wasn't set to Japan. Since Saturn was region locked by default, devs did not bother to remove that code as they did not expect anyone to play it outside Japan.
Using a modded Saturn lets you circumvent the region lock, which engages that leftover Titan code to enable English localization, but that feature was not even meant to be finished on Saturn. The game will display Terra Driver title screen but after that safety is not guaranteed.
IIRC, there even was a disc revision which removed that code entirely, so import gamers could play this game (in Japanese) without their English language consoles freaking out.