[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 23 KB, 390x344, 49785.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8286930 No.8286930 [Reply] [Original]

Retro YGO videogames are fascinating, a lot of them have their own set of rules, either to being genuinely experimental, or due to being made before the OCG/TCG rules were set, because of this there's something for everyone in these games, even if most of them have many flaws, either way here's a thread where we can talk about them.

I've been getting into Dark Duel Stories recently, because someone recommended it to me after I beat The Sacred Cards, both are very similar, as they don't follow the official rules, though their rules aren't completely far off really, there are tributes and monster effects, for example, but overall there are many differences, I don't mind that though, I feel that the simplicity they offer works well for a videogame, makes it more quick and snappy I suppose. The hardest thing to get used to is the advantage some card types have over others, since here a type advantage completely dismisses any stats, so you can destroy a much stronger monster than yours with the correct type, or viceversa, though with time you grow to understand how it all works and start using it to your advantage.

I must say, DDS is much harder than TSC, I didn't struggle much in the 1st tier, but in the 2nd I took quite some time to beat Espa Roba 5 times, I had way more losses than wins and reset the emulator often, I'm worried that it's probably gonna be even harder against the other duelists in the 2nd tier, so I'll probably have to start grinding the duelists in the 1st tier for better cards. Which duelists would you anons say are the best for grinding for better cards? Also, is there any way to sort the cards differently in the deck and chest menus? Last thing I'm confused about is minor, but it's been on my mind, when the cards are face down they have the traditional YGO card back, but face up it looks like they have some sort of art, but I can't make out what it's supposed to be, is it a millenium item?

>> No.8286946

what's a good YGO game that follows the rules of the card game (for whatever time period the game came out)? something like Pokemon TCG on gbc

>> No.8286950

>>8286946
I'm not too familiar with the ones that follow the official rules, I think some of the GBA ones do, like EDS and SDD, also pretty much every handheld YGO videogame from the DS and PSP follows the rules from the OCG/TCG. There's also some of the latest console ones, like Millenium Duels, Legacy of the Duelist and Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution.

>> No.8286984

I tried to play the GameCube game but was completely lost. It has been a decade or two since I last saw the yugioh anime or a yugioh card in real life though

>> No.8287006

>>8286930
Someone's working on a translation of the first GB one. Apparently has a preliminary translation up, still looking for a real translator to help.
DDS is neat and has some adorable graphics for the monsters. Weird monsters but with lots of nice color to them. Gives it an ancient feeling. Not a really good or deep game, but it's so different that it does suck you in a bit. You should look up the History of Japanese TCGs (Yugioh) on youtube for a neat insight into the how and why the game ended up like this.

>> No.8287027

>>8286984
I think the GameCube one was a full on RPG, I never had much interest in that one to be fair, since with YGO I like the whole cards thing a lot.

>>8287006
I'm happy to hear about the translation, that game looks very rough around the edges, but it's a huge part of YGO's history, and it's probably the only videogame in the series that focuses 100% on Duelist Kingdom, also the lack of tribute summoning fits the arc aswell, I'm looking forward to giving it a shot when the translation comes out, it'll be fun, I'll look up the video you've mentioned aswell.

>> No.8287235

I really liked Dark Duel Stories, chiefly because it made you use a bunch of shit cards that no one else would do. I'm sure anyone who's played the game held onto Yamatano Dragon Scroll and Doron for the longest, since they had a (relatively high) 900 ATK Stat. Doron could special summon a copy of itself when you summon it, so it had use even towards the end game.

>> No.8287260
File: 584 KB, 610x453, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8286984
that game is weird as fuck. it's basically ogre battle 64 with a yu-gi-oh skin. has fuck all to do with trading cards too
the gba ones are pretty cool if the idea of a tgc video game appeals to you
weirdly i think these games are best when they're literally just card game battles and nothing else. sometimes you have towns and side quests and shit but the sheer amount of time it takes to maintain a deck and then finish a duel means you don't want to add any fucking around on top of that

>> No.8287265

>>8286930
I remember duelist of the roses being a cool game. weird chess/trpg/card game hybrid with the story being playing Yu-Gi-Oh during the fucking dark ages

>> No.8287289

>>8287235
I agree, it's crazy playing any of these videogames after being used to the OCG/TCG, especially when you start the campaigns and monsters with about 1000 ATK seem really good and you feel relief when drawing some of them, while usually those stats would be considered low, you end up growing fond of cards you would've never cared about otherwise, I love it.

>>8287260
I enjoy when they have something extra to be honest, stuff like Sacred Cards having a Pokémon styled overworld and navigation, or Forbidden Memories feeling like a VN, in 1st person and all, which was very immersive, though obviously the cards have to be the main focus, if these extra aspects start becoming too intrusive then it really isn't good, though if done right I think they can give a nice RPG adventure feel to it all.

>>8287265
I really want to get into that one some day, it looks like it's better than Forbidden Memories in every way, which is what a sequel should always do, I also like how they handled levels and summoning in this, instead of being like its predecessor where you could summon any monster at any time, here the levels almost acted like mana in something like Hearthstone, this was ahead of its time in a few ways.

>> No.8287938

>>8287235
That dragon scroll is great because of the absolute fucking potential for fusing shit. Thunder Dragon for days

>> No.8288294
File: 11 KB, 187x269, THTD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8287938
Indeed, in these early recreations of the card game, where fusions were more about types instead of specific monsters, dragons were probably the best, not only for making the strongest fusions, but because they pretty much fused with anything. Though of course the most fondly remembered is THTD, due to its power almost rivaling a BEWD, this fusion was simply the GOAT.

>> No.8288313

>>8286930
It's a very easy game if you know what to do.
Protip: Use the password for the Cocoon of Evolution
It has no effect listed in the ingame description but it can transform into a 2600 Great Moth for free. Also create a shitload of 2000 ATK 4 star monsters with the card creation thing. Flood the field with high attack 4 star monsters. Don't bother with tributes just use traps or spells to deal with big monsters.

>> No.8288372
File: 548 KB, 592x488, FSK-Challenge.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8287260
That image is such low quality for the game, here is a better one

>> No.8288416

>>8288294
Even in the real game THTD was arguably the best fusion monster, if only due to Thunder Dragon both thinning your deck out and fetching copies of itself to make the fusion easier. In every 'real' yugioh game I simply cannot run a deck without them.

>> No.8288468

>>8288313
I appreciate the tips, anon! I've been reading some FAQs, and watching a few playthroughs of it, and it really seems the best way to progress quickly is with passwords and card construction. I know I might sound autistic or something because of this, but I'm deliberately avoiding using both of those actually. I'm avoiding the passwords because I always feel like my playthrough isn't legit when I use them, and I'm avoiding card construction because I like sticking with the real cards, since they remind me of other YGO videogames I'm familiar with, so I'm fond of them. I'll probably end up staying with grinding, at least for the time being, though I must say if any of these duelists from tier 1 drops Sparks again I might lose it. Either way I'm grateful for the advice and I'll keep it in mind in case I get sick of grinding.

>>8288416
Indeed, it's just a shame that THTD has been completely power creeped out of the OCG/TCG, I'm very happy to see that Thunder Dragons became a full on archetype in the last few years at least, though I wish they'd make a THTD retrain or something like that so it could be competitive.

>> No.8288502

>>8288468
The grind is like the worst part, sadly. At some point, you realize that its just not worth the trouble. If the way you got drops was a bit better, it'd be a much nicer game. Personally, always been a fan of Harpie Lady, so I aimed to make a good deck with that sort of spin.

>> No.8288532

>>8288502
I've looked up the drop rates for each duelist, they really are very low for pretty much any card you'd want to get, in a way even Forbidden Memories was more generous, and that's saying a lot really. I recall getting Red-Eyes and Harpie Lady early in my 1st save, but my emulator, VBA, was running the game somewhat poorly in places and eventually I think it messed up the save file a bit and I got a Blue-Eyes for no reason, so I decided to switch to the BGB emulator and it runs much better, though sadly I lost some of those good drops, thankfully Joey dropped Thousand Dragon this time, though most drops have been depressing so far.

>> No.8288650

>>8288313
In in addition to those, use passwords for
Big shield guardna (2600 Def)
Castle of dark illusions (2500 Def)
Jirai Gumo (2200 atk)
Dark elf (2000 atk)
Gemini elf (1900 atk)
Mechanicalchaser (1850 atk)
La Jinn/bistro butcher (both 1800 atk), I'm sure there are others
Relinquished (takes control of one opponents monster)
Thousand eyes restrict (takes control and powers them up)
Blue eyes ultimate dragon (4500 atk, highest attack in the game plus divine typing, for just two tributes)

>> No.8288714

>>8288650
Also two more cards
Skelengel
Goddess of Whim
Both allow you to draw a card once they are summoned.
Dian Keto - recover 5000 lp
Soul of the pure - recover 2000 lp
And due to how the game works, you can tribute the monsters you need for a tribute summon, activate black hole to destroy the rest, and then summon the tribute summon monster you were planning, such as BE Ult Dragon. Wide open field for 4500 lp of damage.

>> No.8288724

>>8288650
>>8288714
Dark Duel Stories sounds pretty similar to The Sacred Cards actually, I recall a lot of those cards helping me a lot in my playthrough there, mostly Skelengel and Goddess of Whim allowing me to go through my deck faster, and the Dark Hole trick was also there due to there not being phases like in the OCG/TCG, it felt fun doing it for some reason, I guess it makes sense though, since DDS is Duel Monsters 3 and TSC is Duel Monsters 7, it's a sequel so the core is the same, that makes it more smooth to go from one to the other.

>> No.8290253

>>8286946
Ultimate Masters 2006 is probably the best Yu-Gi-Oh! game as a full package and also almost enables you to emulate Goat Format (you're missing some stuff like My Body as a Shield though)

>> No.8290269

>>8290253
While I'm here, here's the ultimate guide to Yugyoh retro games
>>"There is no real game" version
>Duel Monsters GB/GBC games (including Dark Duel Stories)
>Forbidden Memories
>Sacred Cards and the other one or two on GBA
These don't follow the rules of the "real" game (usually because it didn't exist at the time or they were trying to be closer to the anime) and have a lot of contact fusion bullshit you have to look up. I think most of these are just a "you win you get a card, card is depending on who you duel" system which is gay. All YGO games are basically nonstop grinding by the way
>>OCG/TCG games
>Eternal Duelist Soul
>Stairway to the Destined Duel
>World Championship 2004
These are all clearly based on the same engine and are incremental upgrades, though you can really go with whatever. EDS is very old school Spell dominance type of YGO and by the time of WCT04 we're almost nudging up against BLS/CED (which totally warped the format as you should already know). You win you get a pack. Look up how to unlock characters and packs and the contents of those packs because the game won't tell you any of this shit.
>7 Trials to Glory
Honestly kind of a shitty game, it tried to have more content and more going on what with tournaments and an overhaul to the pack-obtaining system to the DP style, all that stuff is fine but the card pool is fucking ass and the packs are fucking awful. There's only 1000 cards in the game (less than the previous game, though a lot of that was cutting out shitty OCG Normal Monsters) and it's a 'curated' selection. So it has CED and BLS but no Chaos Sorceror and a bunch of other objectively retarded things. The packs are honestly god fucking awful especially compared to previous games where it wasn't fucking IMPOSSIBLE to pull good shit without resorting to just using all your DP on passwords. Seriously, look at the first 5 Volumes sometime and tell me how many staple Spell/Traps it has. It's horrible.

>> No.8290282
File: 154 KB, 640x921, DOR-Box-EN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8290269
>Ultimate Masters 2006
A good version of what 7 Trials to Glory wanted to be except without tournaments. Simple presentation and has the most content of any of the YGO games on the system. Best cardpool also like I said before
>Duel Academy
If you want to trade out the content of UM2006 with SOUL then try this one out. It's comfy and fun but not as good as UM2006. Probably the second best YGO game on the console
>The Dawn of Destiny
I haven't played this shit, who has
>The first Tag Force game got a PS2 port so that technically makes it retro
>>Other stuff
>Duelists of the Roses
>The Falsebound Kingdom
>Dungeon Dice Monsters
None of these follow the real rules of the game and more use it as an inspiration for an entirely new game. Maybe worth playing, I don't personally enjoy DotR much but others do

A fun part about almost all these games is that they are chock full of weird old OCG cards that weren't released in the TCG or didn't see a release until far later

>> No.8290351
File: 1.04 MB, 676x991, AcidTrapHole-SBCB-EN-C-1E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8290269
Oh forgot to mention, honestly my favorite part about 7 Trials to Glory is that Acid Trap Hole is really easy to get in it (it's a common in one of the packs that is available from the start of the game) while it's usually relegated to endgame-only "super ultra premium packs" just because it was a promo. Fucking dumb. Acid Trap Hole is awesome for early game and being able to use it was a nice breath of fresh air.

>> No.8290354

>>8290351
>while it's usually relegated to endgame-only "super ultra premium packs" just because it was a promo.
Just looked it up and fucking christ, you need to get 15 Survival Duel wins in a row to unlock its pack in Ultimate Masters 2006. Do you really fucking think "shitty NoC" is going to be useful when your deck is that good already? Konami are stupid.

>> No.8291207
File: 118 KB, 592x739, 43520_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8290269
>>8290282
>>8290351
>>8290354
I love how pretty much every YGO videogame suffered from Konami's poor ideas in one way or another, due to how different they can be from one another there really is something for everyone here, but it seems like all of them are flawed in a way that stops them from being great, which is a shame, either way this was a very informative rundown, anon!

P.S. I've managed to get past Rex in DDS, now I'm up to Weevil, but I have very few Pyro cards in my deck, so I'm expecting to have a very hard time, but we'll see.

>> No.8292084

For someone who hasn't played Yugioh before which is the best game which follows the current TCG accurately? Doesn't need to be retro

>> No.8292108
File: 70 KB, 658x960, ass blastem.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8292084
Well, YGO is a card game which has changed a lot with time, it's important to keep in mind that there's no rotation so power creep is a very big deal in it, also new mechanics are common and significant things like changes to the board itself have happened twice in the last decade. Because of this I'd say that while many of the retro videogames capture retro formats well, like GOAT format, they don't follow the current TCG accurately, for that your best option is either one of the online platforms made by fans, like EDOPRO or Dueling Book, or if you want something official and/or with a campaign then Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is the way to go.

>> No.8292212

>>8292084
> Best simulator with all the cards
you will have to go for fan made online sims, they have different degrees in their technical approach (regarding how much of a sim they are or if you want it to hold your hand in some way), so you willl have to sort yourself out for that
> Best F2P tcg game
Latest Legacy of the Duelist.

There's an upcoming game (Master Duel) that is supposed to be the official sim now. Even though it's most likely entirely F2P, in game currency and microtransactions are confirmed to be in the game. The good thing is that it's going to host official TCG tournaments apparently. You can look forward to it if you are into that.

>> No.8292234

>>8292084
legacy of the duelist link evolution has like 10000 cards, up to the most recent gimmick which is link summoning. the game is just cutscene -> battle -> cutscene but you can choose to use a premade deck or your own and it's fun figuring out all the premade ones

>> No.8292531

>>8292234
Only thing that sucks is that the UI is absolute ass. I hate /v/ terminology, but it's pretty "soulless", aka very utilitarian, ugly, and picking targets and stuff just feels less good compared to the GBA or DS games. Very rushed and put together sort of feel, but the battles themselves are nice.

>> No.8292545

>>8286946
World Championship series and Duel Academy for the GBA
All DS and PSP games follow the card rules (although DS and PSP are set on the GX/5d era, so the rules will be different from the OG)

>> No.8292590

>>8292234
>legacy of the duelist link evolution has like 10000 cards
that's like all of them up to mid2020 right? or are there alt-art stuff that is counted as other cards?

>> No.8293061

>>8292590
It's just about everything as far as I know, besides possibly shitty OCG cards we never got in the TCG

>> No.8293245

>>8292531
i played tag force and then switched to it and there's a few UX things that are objectively worse
i forget all of them but it's shit like
>tag force shows you which cards can be triggered when it asks if you'd like to trigger anything
>tag force lets you back out of summoning a card
>tag force lets you back out of activating an effect

>> No.8293310

>>8293061
>>8292590
another asterisk could be anime/videogame exclusive cards

>> No.8293409
File: 87 KB, 398x580, TheWanderingDoomed-TP18-JP-C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fuck ton of games in the 00s, so many that no matter what kind of YGO fan you were, you had a game for you, hardcore or casual, anime fan or otherwise
>all suddenly stops in the 10s and only get a trickle of games, meaning entire formats like early pendulum or xyz era etc. are more or less completely missing from game history
>all of the games made since the last tag force have been either shit/bland or didn't get localized (or were a bizarro world mess like duel carnival on 3ds which they removed the entire story mode from for no reason in localization)
>only way they can find to make a new game is by specifically pandering to anime fans
>duel links is somehow probably the best YGO game of that decade
i blame blackwings

>> No.8293415

>>8287006
Playing Duel Monsters GB sounds fucking awful because the entire game is grinding in the most caveman Yu-Gi-Oh that exists, possibly pre-caveman, we're talking dinosaur Yu-Gi-Oh. Based on what Youtube man says, you're basically expected to beat everyone like 100 times to grind for the best cards and then the endgame is dueling against your friends (which is more or less impossible today)
I'll definitely play the translation though. Apparently it was basically the first version of the OCG/TCG ever and was influential on the actual OCG's design/used as a testing ground to figure out how to handle the real OCG

>> No.8293465

>>8293409
>i blame blackwings
why? weren't they really popular or something? asking genuinely

>> No.8293739

>>8293465
they were really fuckin popular for a while around then to the point that some people started to hate them but it was a joke

>> No.8294230
File: 23 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8292234
>it's fun figuring out all the premade ones
I just blasted through it with no banlist Six Sams raping everything
That game taught me how the fuck Pendulums or Links even work
I never summoned Saryuja so many times

>> No.8294910
File: 34 KB, 800x720, DDS Dark Magician Girl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, my DDS run has been going pretty nicely. I'm up to the last few duelists of the 2nd tier, Pandora/Arkana and Kaiba, before taking them on I've decided to do some grinding for cards. I went on Yugipedia's pages for each duelist in the 1st tier and checked their drop rates, Yugi is by far the best one, a lot of decent cards given for fair drop rates, the only problem is those few 1/2048 chance cards, like Dark Magician Girl, either way I went for it because it seemed like the best way to improve my deck, and then suddently I'm rewarded with this:

>> No.8295289

>>8293415
It's one of those things you play because of jank and amazing spritework. And you know what? Sometimes, that's okay. Still interesting to see where it all started, or stuff like the 3 version split games.
>>8293409
I think people start to notice that sometimes, trends just slow down, or die. Yu-Gi-Oh! was exactly what fit the zeitgeist of the time, and now it isn't. Pokemon stays popular because they throw tradition out the wind in some things, and constantly chase modern style trends to seem new. YGO did the same, sure, but it wasn't nearly as adaptable.
>>8294910
Look at that spritework. Top tier shit on GBC.

>> No.8295478
File: 26 KB, 800x720, DDS Kuriboh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295289
>Look at that spritework. Top tier shit on GBC.
I love it so much, pretty much all cards in DDS look stunning, Dark Magician Girl is my favorite so far though, I'd love to get a playset, though with a drop rate of 1/2048 I'm very lucky to have a single one at all. I find it so nice that they didn't just recreate the OCG/TCG artwork for all cards too, a lot of them have artwork that's very original, which adds an element of uniqueness and identity to the whole package and experience. Dark Magician Girl here looks nice to me than all of her OCG/TCG artworks, same for Kuriboh too for some reason.

>> No.8295702

>>8293409
>image
I loved how the old school YGO games always heavily featured these old weak monsters from the game's earliest japanese sets. Cards that never made their way here. When I first played them, I thought they were original cards created just to make the games unique from the real game. Imagine my surprise to find out they're all real cards that we just never got. As a result I have a ton of nostalgia for all those old Japanese sets despite never once laying eyes on the cards in person.

>> No.8295894
File: 82 KB, 578x389, SYNCHRO SHOKAN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8290282
The sheer ammount of random events on duel academy and that ds game that was basically duel academy but better was astounding. People always jack off tag force so I think the former games are kinda underrated.

>> No.8296250
File: 4 KB, 160x144, TuruPurun-DDS-EU-VG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295702
>As a result I have a ton of nostalgia for all those old Japanese sets despite never once laying eyes on the cards in person.
Pretty much every card you see in the first five hours of playing DDS is deeply iconic to me. I demand a Yamatano Dragon Scroll retrain.
The games in general give you a pretty warped impression of the current meta, even in Ultimate Masters 2006 there are dozens of cards that either never got localized (even after cutting tons of old OCG stuff out) or didn't see release for a year or two or three or more. My favorite example is Monster Eye. It's in DDS as a very early Monster and then appears in like all the GBA games with a genuinely good effect, drop 1k LP to get a Poly back from the GY. Pretty good. I was SHOCKED to find the card wasn't even printed outside of Japan until 2010. The games exist in this strange hybrid format.
Also, games like this were literally the source of some cards, such as >>8294910 Dark Magician Girl here. DMG's first printing was as a prize card in promotion of DDS (well, Tri-Holy God Advent there)

captcha: MMGAY

>> No.8296419
File: 162 KB, 1280x973, black-luster-soldier.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, it happened, right now I'm stuck in one of the worst cycles in all YGO videogames without a store or something similar, where you have to rely on the random drops, having 2 copies of some useful cards and not managing to get the 3rd to finish the playset. I know it might sound exaggerated, but not only do you usually want to have a playset of your best cards, but it's also something I'm very OCD about for some reason. One thing that puts salt into the wound is getting many copies of a card you don't want and/or already have a playset of, because you can't sell them to a store for credits like in TSC and ROD, for example. Still, DDS has been very enjoyable so far even though I have no nostalgia for it, I admire how engaging it is even with its simplicity, I'm glad I've started a playthrough of it to see what it was all about, also, as pointed in earlier posts, the artwork looks stunning.

Well, back to grinding, I'm hoping Yugi gives me a copy of pic related at some point, no need for a playset, just a single is fine, though with the odds of 1/2048 I'll try not to get my hopes up.

>> No.8297006
File: 9 KB, 240x160, ElementalHeroErikshieler-WC6-EN-VG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8290351
>it's usually relegated to endgame-only "super ultra premium packs" just because it was a promo.
Inspired by my own post I started a new game of Ultimate Masters 2006 with all packs unlocked from the start and no banlist. Currently working on making a Monarch list, I got the Dragon deck and Armed Dragon LV5 is pretty good. Metal Raiders fucking refuses to drop Germs and Nimbles though.
I made a gentleman's agreement with myself to not use Pot of Greed, but now I've pulled a copy of Graceful Charity. Should I extend the same to Charity? It's basically just better Pot of Greed in decks where you can do anything with the GY

>> No.8298002
File: 53 KB, 518x700, b9e2d671f7b8dff596a9cf406a944d6a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8293409
I miss those days, Konami would make these videogames often, and they experimented so much aswell, nowadays all we get are recreations of the card game, perhaps with an anime campaign, I don't think it's bad, but I miss those unique RPGs. Here's hoping that Master Duel can bring some of that back, though I don't put much faith in that.

>>8295702
>>8296250
I love how these retro YGO videogames could make us grow fond of cards that weren't released in the TCG, but also fall in love with cards that were in the TCG, but didn't see much play in real life. I never saw anyone in real life play Skelengel, Doron or Hourglass of Life, but to me those are staples in DDS and TSC, I associate them with YGO a lot now.

>>8297006
Well, if you're avoiding Pot of Greed, then avoiding Graceful Charity aswell makes sense, afterall they're both incredibly powerful and downright broken drawing spells, avoiding one while playing the other would be like Konami unbanning one of them in the OCG/TCG while the other stays banned, I'd say avoid both, or use both if the CPU becomes a chating bastard later on.

>> No.8299485

>>8293409
My favorite thing about old Yugioh was this art style. I wonder who was the artist behind these cards. I kinda lost interest when they got into those flat colored monsters with random shiny spots, and occasionally with teary eyes and snot flying out their noses part.

>> No.8299502

>>8293465
In the video games (speaking from NDS). Blackwings are the first heavy special summon decks you come across, and for additional bullshit they also have hand traps. So you need to a make an actual decent deck to try and beat them or get really lucky. And they are required story battles.

>> No.8300079

>>8299485
>I wonder who was the artist behind these cards.
Apparently Konami is notorious for not wanting the people who do the art for YGO cards to be credited or known

>> No.8300906

>>8295478
On the topic of Kuriboh, I've finally got the 3rd one, I've got Tristan to thank for that. I also have a playset of Multiply, which is a genuinely decent card in DDS and TSC. In the OCG/TCG you can use Multiply to create Kuriboh tokens in defence mode, but you can't tribute them, not that many decks use tribute summoning nowadays anyway, but still, in these retro YGO videogames you can actually tribute them, they're not in defence mode so you do take damage, however the ones that survive can be used for a tribute summon of a more powerful monster, which is very useful in these titles.

>> No.8300919

sorry for hijacking this thread, but can i get a rec for the most beginner-friendly YGO game? i never grew up playing the game, but i always loved the original anime.

>> No.8300932
File: 1.10 MB, 779x1100, Mazaki.Anzu.full.3092877.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8300919
Well, it depends on what you're looking for, if you want something that recreates the rules of the OCG/TCG well, then some of the most modern titles are the way to go, like Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution, it has a campaign that follows the story of the anime aswell, so if you love the original anime then that could be a very fun experience to play through. If you don't care much about story then online simulators made by fans can do the trick, things like EDOPRO and Dueling Book, though I'd consider EDOPRO more begginer friendly because it's automatic, while Dueling Book is manual. If you're looking for more of an RPG then some of the PSP, DS and Gameboy games are good for that, since they have you play as your own character, interacting with the ones from the animes. If you want something different, with alternative rules and new ideas, I'd suggest something like Duelists of the Roses, especially if you enjoy games like chess. Now, if you're looking for something like Duelist Kingdom rules, then Forbidden Memories is probably the closest to that, it also has a nice RPG feel to it, though I wouldn't call it begginer friendly at all.

>> No.8300943

>>8300932
Preferably the easiest game to get into that also has some elements of RPG to it. I just want something I can relatively jump into with 0 knowledge of the TCG series, similar to how OP was talking about Pokemon TCG. I'll check out the PSP/DS/GB games, is there one in there that's your personal favorite?

>> No.8300957

>>8300943
Well, I haven't really played too many of them really, but if you want the easiest one to get into, I'd recommend The Sacred Cards for the GBA, it has an overworld that makes it feel like Pokémon somewhat, and you play as your own character, interacting with the original anime cast during the Battle City arc. The difficulty is very approachable and the ruleset is similar to the OCG/TCG, but simplified, it also has a store so you can buy the cards you need and build the deck you want.

>> No.8300975

>>8300919
Eternal Duelist Soul. It's the first YGO game ever which followed the real-world OCG/TCG rules. I'd recommend it to anyone new to the card game. Just make sure to look up how to unlock packs and more duelists.

>> No.8301001

>>8300975
>>8300957
Looks like I'll give EDS a crack and then dive into Sacred Cards after, thanks anons

>> No.8301015

>>8300957
>>8301001
I haven't played The Sacred Cards but that's only because I've avoided the games which don't follow the real-world rules of the game. People who have played it seem to like it, same with stuff like Forbidden Memories
If you want to try a game with something like a story mode and an overworld to go around and talk to people or what have you, you could try GX Duel Academy. It's even a game ABOUT going to card game school!

>> No.8301057
File: 179 KB, 850x1202, 1634641703425.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8301001
You're welcome, anon! Hope you have a good time.

>>8301015
I see why videogames that don't follow the real OCG/TCG rules can be a turn off for many, and they definitely aren't the best choice for learning how the real card game is played, but as an entry point, or as RPGs that attempt to recreate the feel of the manga and anime for its fans, I'd say they do a decent job, I believe that's the reason many are fond of them, there's also nostalgia too since many grew up with them really. I might give GX Duel Academy a try in the future, I really dig when YGO videogames attempt to be RPGs with an overworld and stuff, so this sounds good.

>> No.8302086

>>8299485
Even though what this anon said >>8300079 is completely true nowadays, those old cards' art are usually directly taken from the yugioh manga. So technically Kazuki Takahashi himself did them. No assistants were ever credited though.

>> No.8302114
File: 250 KB, 364x497, SkullServant-EN-Manga-DM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8302086
>>8299485
And I don't mean that they are 1:1 taken from the manga's cards. The actual cards in the manga are quite simple, so they instead took art from the monsters on the field for the real life cards.

For example: pic related is Skull Servants card in the manga

>> No.8302126
File: 1.50 MB, 1422x608, darkland fire dragon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8302114
and pic related is how they would get their actual art

>> No.8302913

>>8295478
> that flavor text
kek

>> No.8303001

>>8302913
I'd say it's mostly accurate really, since having a single Kuriboh on the field usually isn't useful, but if you use the spell Multiply you can have up to 5 Kuribohs on the field, which can be tributed to summon a more powerful monster. Even though Multiply doesn't allow you to tribute the Kuriboh tokens in the OCG/TCG, in some of the videogames like DDS and TSC it's allowed, and it really helps. Another thing about DDS and TSC is that the type advantages literally take place over the stats, so Kuriboh, who is a Shadow type, gets over any Light monsters, like Blue-Eyes White Dragon, which is somewhat amusing, though it proves that the part that states "One is nothing" is a lie in the flavor text.

>> No.8303092

>>8303001
I wasn't laughing at the veracity of the description but more at the way it was written. "One is nothing" is unnecesarily dismissive and "but a group is trouble" comes across more tongue in cheek than in a threatening way.
It's literally the same description they give to Skull Servant, but written in such an odd way.

>> No.8303134
File: 1.73 MB, 673x976, Mimicat-DLCS-EN-UR-1E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8302086
>>8302114
I'd say a solid half or more (probably more) of cards in the DM days were invented by Konami or the people making the anime, need to fill out the card pool somehow right
Even then it took them a long time to get around to printing some of the cards that DID appear in the manga. Pic related was in Duelist Kingdom and first saw physical release in 2015

>> No.8303656
File: 72 KB, 412x606, 71+OHaPoYnL._AC_SY606_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8297006
>Metal Raiders fucking refuses to drop Germs and Nimbles though.
Update: Gems and Nimbles are in Magic/Spell Ruler and not Metal Raiders. At least I got my set of Thunder Dragons

>> No.8304107

>>8300975
good fun, cheers

>> No.8304228
File: 2.05 MB, 1462x1120, yugaytho.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8303001
i think it's referencing this

>> No.8304674

>>8303092
I completely agree, the flavor text in DDS is odd overall, many of the cards have different flavor text from their OCG/TCG counterparts, perhaps it's due to the lack of space, either way a lot of them still can sound odd from time to time, like Kuriboh's.

>>8304228
It could definitely be that, overall I imagine that they way Kuriboh and Multiply, and many of the other cards really, work in a way inspired mostly by the manga than the actual cards, like Mystical Elf for example, she has an effect and can power up BEWD in DDS, because she did it once in the manga, in Duelist Kindgom. It's interesting playing these retro videogames for that very reason in a way, especially to those that enjoy the manga.

>> No.8305054

>>8302126
>>8299485
This is why there's a lot of "palette swap" cards in the early OCG sets, they would just repurpose the same monster from two different panels to create two different cards,

>> No.8305080

>>8286930
Forbidden Memories has rules that are very different than the official card game, like how you form all sorts of fusions by combining cards.

>> No.8305167

>>8305080
I wish they could bring back the guardian star system in any way, shape or form.

>> No.8305190

>>8305080
>>8305080
It's cool that contact fusion weirdness is possible in video games, I just wish these games told you what combinations there were, maybe by hovering over a card while holding another. Just anything would be nice. I remember as a kid playing DDS and every other turn I'd be tributing my monsters just trying to find a fusion. Then, I wouldn't remember the fusions I DID make, so I'd think "did these two go together?" and end up tributing one again.

>> No.8305371

>>8305167
I somewhat agree, but honestly with the way YGO is nowadays I don't even think that would matter too much, unless it was completely different, since having a 500 ATK or DEF boost doesn't have the same importance it would've had in older formats, now it's more about making unbreakable boards with a lot of negation and protection, I don't know how it could be implemented. Though I do enjoy the idea of type advantages like Pokémon, things like Thunder beating Water, Water beating Fire, Fire beating Forest, etc... I believe it makes sense, and I enjoy the implementation of the guardian star system from FM more than what the GBC and GBA titles did, with an attack boost in case of advantage, but not a disregard for stats, which could result in Kuriboh destroying BEWD with ease.

>>8305080
>>8305190
Contact fusion in these titles was very fun, and it gave weaker monsters a reason to be played over some stronger monsters, nowadays this is done by giving the weaker monsters decent effects, but in something like FM without effects, or DDS where few monsters had them, this was the way to do it, and it worked. At first it can be tough to get the hang of it, but what really matters a lot of the time isn't really the monster, it's things like the type, attribute or even card art. What really messes things up is that it's not 100% at all, so when you think you've got it down and start feeling confident it can really can get you off guard when you try a fusion and it just doesn't work. People say that every rule has exceptions, but here the exceptions can cost you a match. I loved the idea of being told what the result of the fusion would be before making it, it DDS and FM had that I think they'd be more well received.

>> No.8305372

>>8305190
that's part of the charm

>> No.8305374

my copy of DDS just arrived today, anything i should know beforehand? who drops the good stuff?

>> No.8305470

>>8305374
I'm happy for you, anon! Owning a physical copy always makes the experience feel more soulful overall, and DDS is already full of soul, so I'm sure you'll have a nice time. Well, when it comes to advice it really depends on what kind of experience you'd like to have, many use passwords at the start to get powerful and useful cards early on that you can only get much later, and with low drop rates. Others enjoy the card construction system, it's possible to make some very useless cards, but it's also possible to make a few Lv. 4 with 2000 ATK, which is very powerful. Another way to play, which is how I'm trying to do it, is by going through with only the drops I get from other duelists, for that I recommend Yugipedia since they have a page for every duelist in every tier, with their deck and their drop rates. For the 1st tier I recommend Mako for Skelengel, which effectively turns your 40 card deck into a 37 card deck if you have a playset, so it's more consistent, and Hourglass of Life, which makes all equip cards obselete. Besides him I'd say Yugi is the best in the 1st tier, because he drops stronger monsters than everyone else, and some decent spells too. From the 2nd tier I'd recommend Rex and Kaiba.

>> No.8306016
File: 3.80 MB, 2750x3025, cl1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8305054
Some of those clones are actually art from monsters that have interacted with other cards in the manga, but yeah, most of them are straight up the same monster from different panels.

>> No.8306020
File: 3.68 MB, 2750x2750, cl2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8306016

>> No.8306303

>tfw DDS was one of my only physical GBC games for years and I lost it only 5 or so years ago
I'd give it a play now if I knew where it was

>> No.8306347

>>8306303
I'm sorry to hear, anon, that's very unfortunate. I'd seach every inch of my house for it if I were you, though you've probably already looked for it a lot by now considering its been years. Not all is bleak though, you can still emulate it, I know it's not the same as a physical copy, but it plays just as well. I suggest BGB for emulation here, VBA corrupted my old save file somehow.

>> No.8307689

>>8305371
Applying it to the TCG would be too convoluted for the liitle impact it would have, but now that Konami seems to be trying out new stuff with the franchise, it's definitely something I would like to see in some of those new format/games.

>> No.8307803

Yugioh used to have different rules before konami made the cards too. Like you could summon without tributes like in the anime. Bandai yugioh had rules closer resembeling the anime

>> No.8307961

>>8307689
I hope they start trying out new stuff in the anime as well. We are long overdue a yugioh isekai

>> No.8308305

>>8305371
>I don't know how it could be implemented. Though I do enjoy the idea of type advantages like Pokémon, things like Thunder beating Water, Water beating Fire, Fire beating Forest
That's basically what it was in the game, you can see it in the 3d animations. Meteor B. Dragon could use a "dragon" attack (SUN) and a "fire" attack (MARS). Twin headed thunder dragon could use a "electric" attack (PLUTO) and a "physical" attack (URANUS). Being able to pick it just when it's summoned is good mechanic, it gets muddy with set monsters though.
They should maybe expand the amount of stars (and explain it better) and they should be good to go in any ygo video game. You are totally right about the physical game though, there battles are irrelevant and it may be harder the keep track of.

>> No.8308421

>>8303001
Multiply had the ingredients of being a good card but it failed to account that Kuriboh is a hand trap first and foremost and rarely would anyone ever summon it. If it allowed you to discard Kuriboh from your hand it could've been a less exploitable (but better) Scapegoat. Maybe that would've made it too powerful.

>> No.8308634

>>8307961
>>We are long overdue a yugioh isekai
>competitive player is brought into the Yu-Gi-Oh world
>decides to become the King of Games
>ends up being distracted by the anime characters being kind to him and he begins to remember the good times watching YGO on Kids WB and rediscovers what made him love the game to begin with
>decides to play a shitty rogue deck and have fun
>starts going out with ____Tea
soul...

>> No.8308805

>>8286930
This was my first gbc game. When the battery dies you get every card and unlock every duelist.

Oddly, every custom card becomes LAUGHING.

>> No.8308815

>>8308805
Autism

>> No.8308872

>>8286930
Duelists of the Roses is the best Yu-Gi-Oh game.
For just your standard TCG yugioh though, day of the duelist and forbidden memories are pretty good.

>> No.8308882

>>8308815
faggot

>> No.8308897

>>8308815
How? I'm just talking about something I've never seen documented online. Not even some trash eceleb video about le haunted gbc game with nothing but "Laughing" card.

When the battery dies the game does weird shit.

>> No.8308924

>>8308897
When the battery dies the cart can't hold a save, that's all.

>> No.8308938

>>8308924
Obviously. The game unlocks everything with a dead battery. You're given 99999 wins and all cards. However, all the custom card slots are filled with something called laughing.

>> No.8308940

>>8308805
>>8308938
neat

>> No.8308970

>>8308938
Don't lie in the internet, anon

>> No.8309045

>>8308805
>>8308815
>>8308882
>>8308897
>>8308924
>>8308938
>>8308940
>>8308970
https://desuarchive.org/vr/thread/6004352/

>> No.8309059

>>8309045
>literally no proof or meaningful documentation whatsoever, just some retard who doesn't even know how to take photos on his phone

>> No.8309063

>>8309059
>thread with pictures
>no proof

>> No.8309076

>>8309063
Could be a dying cart, could be bad contacts, could be a glitch from using a cheat, anon could just be a liar, could be anything

>> No.8309210

>>8309076
Uh... why do you care so much anyway? Does DDS not having this glitch matter to you? Would it having this glitch taint your memories of the game or something? I don't get it.

>> No.8309436

>>8309045
hey man i was being genuine

>> No.8309767
File: 9 KB, 240x160, ElementalHeroRampartBlaster-WC6-EN-VG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8303656
Everything's falling apart bros I keep gambing and failing on the expensive packs and I've made the rash decision to pivot to pure E-HEROs. Rampart Blaster is pre-errata and is kinda busted

>> No.8309982

>>8309210
He misread the first post and now is trying to save face, don't even worry about it

>> No.8310029

>>8288372
>>8287260
I bought this game just for the cards inside, and never beat it. It's still on my shelf.

Also, do all these games have a function to enter a card ID and get it in game? I remember I ran an Exodia deck back in 2004 and strained my eyes
reading the ID off a shitty scan of the left leg in a magazine.

>> No.8310464
File: 330 KB, 601x544, 2zkebd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8308634
that's not what i meant, that's not what i meant at all

>> No.8310961
File: 3 KB, 160x144, louise.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295478
best beaver warrior art ever

>> No.8311393

>>8310029
>I remember I ran an Exodia deck back in 2004 and strained my eyes reading the ID off a shitty scan of the left leg in a magazine.
I remember as a kid I had one of the Beckett Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokemon magazines and since I couldn't pull a Polymerization I got one that way. Pretty based

>> No.8311674

>>8310029
>>8311393
I used to use a site called yugioh-card.com or something. They had really good scans of singles they sold. Was my go-to way to get card codes.

>> No.8311742
File: 893 KB, 835x463, watapon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8309767
I hate this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe

>> No.8312438

>>8311742
patrician stuff

>> No.8313496

>>8308872
> forbidden memories
> standard TCG
wut

>> No.8313578

>>8308805
Just loaded up my old game I got on release. My save is fucked (asks for my duelist name whenever I load it, profile stats are all garbage text) but all my custom cards are NOT laughing. This just happened to this dude. My custom cards are all fucked up and aren't viewable but they have different names

>> No.8314058

>>8313578
What version did you get? There might be some differences with how the game acts with a dead battery.

Did you get the version with Dark Magician Blue Eyes and Exodia or the shitty one with acid trap hole?

>> No.8314173

>>8314058
The "shitty" one. Even though everyone had those cards from the starter decks already. And no, it wasn't different versions of the game at all, just different pack-ins.

>> No.8314190

>>8313496
compared to DotR anyway.

>> No.8314243
File: 644 KB, 2048x1536, signal-2021-11-08-194814_001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what am I in for

>> No.8314286

>>8314243
pain

>> No.8314449

I'm still playing my DDS save, but a little less now then before, after so much grinding I felt a break was necessary, especially considering that I still have some more grinding to do in order to get some cards I need.

I've beaten the 2nd tier, it was much harder than the 1st tier, but I had a better deck aswell, because I did a lot of grinding against Yugi and Mako before tackling duelists like Kaiba, he was tough, but eventually I got the hang of it.

So, now comes the 3rd tier, which is why I'm taking a break, I know lots of grinding will be necessary to take these duelists on, with all of them having playsets of powerful spells, it'll be a nightmare if I'm not well equipped.

Right now I think I'll need to grind in order to finish some playsets, I still need:

1x Hourglass of Life
2x Skelengel/3x Goddess of Whim
3x Doron/3x Toad Master
2x Trap Master/3x Invisible Wire
3x Crawiling Dragon #2/2x Dragon Zombie/1x Two-Headed King Rex
1x Crush Card Virus

I'm probably forgetting some other cards I'd like, but right now those are the ones I have in mind.

>> No.8314467

>>8314173
You realize the promo blue eyes dark magician and exodia head are worth over a thousand dollars now while the other promos don’t even sell at 20 dollars

>> No.8314484

>>8314467
No obviously I did not realize that you digital dummy,

>> No.8314671

>>8314243
Delinquent Duo into Delinquent Duo into Raigeki

>> No.8314720

>>8314243
All mirror force, all the time

>> No.8314731

I loved yugioh when I was younger and spent thousands of hours online with simulators, but once I started playing other card games I saw just how awful yugioh is at its core. It doesn’t help that for some reason it attracts the bottom of the barrel retards.

>> No.8314765

>>8314731
Yu-Gi-Oh is based, fuck lands

>> No.8314823 [DELETED] 

>>8314765
There’s a reason yugioh is extremely popular with blacks. It’s very linear and gets stale fast. The power creep is also absurd at this point. A card isn’t good unless it can singlehandedly create a board for you. Plays are literally always card search card repeat 20 times.

>> No.8314878 [DELETED] 

>>8314823
Why is it that the retards always seem to be racist as well? Odd, that.

>> No.8314880 [DELETED] 
File: 25 KB, 540x540, 1635943395308.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8314878

>> No.8314898 [DELETED] 

Fuck the janitor and fuck niggers

>> No.8314902 [DELETED] 
File: 36 KB, 700x480, 1595400957791.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8314898

>> No.8315638
File: 8 KB, 240x160, Akakieisu-EDS-NA-VG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8290269
Dug up my copy of EDS to see what my deck was by the time I dropped it. I stopped playing in mid August, the game basically expects you to grind days by either winning for no reason or losing for no reason and either was a sad prospect for me. Besides that honestly there's a lot I liked about EDS in retrospect. Its presentation is pretty soulful, the music is pretty good, and it's just so old school. There's also that weirdly fun early game feel with the weird ass OCG cards floating around and the general power level being either "Normal Summon Air Marmot of Nefariousness pass" or "Raigeki into Heavy Storm into Summoned Skull, equip Axe of Despair gg". Plus it has some silly glitches involving Giant Trunade letting you Preme twice. Good game.

EDS Beatdown (note there is still a banlist in this game, it just doesn't tell you what it is until you try to add the second PoG)

Blast Sphere x1
Call of the Haunted x1
Change of Heart x1
Delinquent Duo x2
Fissure x1
Gemini Elf x3
Giant Red Seasnake x3
Giant Trunade x1
Graceful Charity x2
Heavy Storm x2
La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp x1
Man-Eater Bug x1
Mechanicalchaser x3
Mirror Force x1
Monster Reborn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Neo the Magic Swordsman x1
Pot of Greed x1
Raigeki x1
Seven Tools of the Bandit x1
Snatch Steal x1
Summoned Skull x2
Swords of Revealing Light x1
Trap Hole x1
Upstart Goblin x2
Wall of Illusion x3
Witch of the Black Forest x1

>> No.8315769

>>8315638
Just started Stairway to the Destined Duel and my starter deck has Magician of Black Chaos. Holy based.

>> No.8316776

>>8306020
it's a shame yormungarde is missing on all that kairyu shin support.

>> No.8316947

>>8314467
I still wonder why Konami decided to make two separate runs of DDS. I wanted that game strictly for BEWD/DM/ETFO cards, but like many others I got the second run. At least Salamadra was in the anime.

>> No.8317206

>>8316947
Too many promos to catch up to, too little time

>> No.8317260

>>8316947
>>8317206
Also for what it's worth in the earliest days of the game, Acid Trap Hole was coveted by the first competitivefags since it was baby's first Nobleman of Crossout

>> No.8318964

>>8287260
I hope they bring it back, genuinely

>> No.8320367

Love this thread
Fuck niggers

>> No.8320414

>>8317260
Wouldn't it activate flip effects when used?

>> No.8320603
File: 9 KB, 240x160, BlueEyesUltimateDragon-WC5-EN-VG-EU.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My deck in 7 Trials to Glory on a file in 2012. As for why I saved this list I don't know. It is pretty fucking terrible. I know I got to the postgame though. I think I was unironically going for Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon turbo

3x Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1x Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1
2x Blackland Fire Dragon
2x Koumori Dragon
2x Dragon Treasure
1x Malevolent Nuzzler
1x Mountain
2x Ookazi
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Cyber-Stein
1x Man-Eater Bug
1x Hane-Hane
1x Penguin Soldier
1x Tri-Horned Dragon
1x Copycat
1x Negate Attack
1x Fissure
2x Trap Hole
1x Polymerization
1x Monster Reborn
1x Ulitimate Offering
2x Spear Dragon
2x The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave
2x Cave Dragon
1x Gray Wing
3x Troop Dragon
2x Dragon's Gunfire
1x Dragon's Rage
1x Luster Dragon #2
1x Kaiser Glider
1x Terraformig
3x Paladin of White Dragon
3x White Dragon Ritual
1x Poison of the Old Man
1x Secret Barrel
3x Luster Dragon
1x Sakuretsu Armor
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x A Hero Emerges

>> No.8320605

>>8320414
Yes, but in the earliest days it was kind of hard to get over 2k defenders and Acid Trap Hole raped Giant Soldier of Stone

>> No.8320614

>>8320603
Upload your save

>> No.8320624

>>8320614
Don't have it, I only have that decklist because I saved it in 2012 for some reason