[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 135 KB, 640x1120, 571504_9201_front[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
821523 No.821523 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone play Ganpuru Gunman's Proof?
It was a fun little western Zelda clone with earthbound graphics.

>> No.821661

I have not heard of this one. Looks extremely promising.

>> No.821670

Good fan translation for it too, wacky humour

>> No.821679

It's my go-to game when somebody wants to play a Zelda-type game and the obvious ones already got named.

>> No.821698

Where could one find a translated rom?

>> No.821807

Good god that game was a lot of fun. The music that played when you were riding the horse was 10/10. I need to introduce this game to my friends.

>> No.823208

I concur. Adjusting from sword to the gun is a little odd. Don't be discouraged by all the talking in the beginning, and have fun!

>> No.823483

>Anyone play Ganpuru Gunman's Proof?

Yeah. Pretty fun game. Been procrastinating to finish it, though.

>It was a fun little western Zelda clone

Yeah, and a pretty good one at that. It felt a bit different though, and the open-ness (is that even a word?) of it... I dunno, it was unexpected? Maybe that's what turned me off a bit. Which is ironic because I like games that give me freedom to go wherever the fuck I want and explore.

I just don't feel it's the right time to play it right now. Not really like a "mood", but more like "something that is meant to play at the right time in life". And this game's chance hasn't come up yet.

>with earthbound graphics

What's with people comparing everything to EarthBound these days? Compared to Gunman's Proof, EarthBound looks like shit. This game is actually more fluidly animated than EarthBound's near static characters.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole or an elitist (however hard you may find that to believe), but if you seriously hold EarthBound in such high regards that you must compare every other game that uses a simplistic artstyle to this game, you don't know shit about videogames or the japanese entertainment industry as a whole.

The simple, humble and general "quirkiness" that EarthBound is known for is not exclusive to it. It's something you can find in different games, anime and manga, many that even came BEFORE the concept of the Mother series was ever conceived. Hell, Mother's artstyle was heavily inspired by Peanuts.

EarthBound is great and all that, but to compare an overrated game's graphics to this one is almost insulting. ASCII made a ton of great games back in the day, from Action RPGs like this one, to standard turn based RPGs and Sound Novels. Hell, they made RPG Maker.

I encourage you to expand yourself culturally.

---

Back to the original topic, I recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed 2D Zelda games. It's lighthearted, fun and just as full of secrets.

>> No.823604
File: 29 KB, 432x288, 1290047689828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>821698
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/e0uv7c0ra6ju5ai/Gunman's_Proof_ENG.zip