[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 35 KB, 315x316, jet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8109519 No.8109519 [Reply] [Original]

Alot of people said it was a really good game
played it
got mad after first stage turned it off never played ever again shit game good music tho

>> No.8109523

>>8109519
git gud

>> No.8109541

>>8109519
It takes a while to get used to, but after you do it's really fun.

>> No.8109547

>>8109519
What it is is a very unique game that does a fantastic job of doing exactly what the creators wanted, and trying to deviate from that vision by treating it like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater or something reveals all the problems cooking under the hood. Yes it has a list of broken janky bullshit longer than the great wall of China, but being able to adapt to the completely unique mechanics of the game instead of getting filtered and whining about it on the internet pays off massively with an experience you won't get anywhere else and people still remember fondly to this day. The game is absolutely glued together with it's style though, and without the soundtrack and visual designs it certainly wouldn't have the cult following it does.

TL;DR git gud

>> No.8109561

>>8109547
Tell me about it all they had to do was make controls fun its like im driving a fucking boat/truck
they had one fucking job dont get me wrong i like the graphics level design but cmon i cant do but ill try again
also played jet set radio future a bit similar but better
tldr tony hawk better

>> No.8109603

>>8109561
You're not gonna have fun if you keep treating it like a THPS game. JSR is more about finding optimal paths and maintaining speed in a game of the-floor-is-lava. Trying to get Jet ranks on every stage is about thinking which are the riskier spots to tag and getting them out of the way first before you start triggering the law enforcement/hitmen. Grinding and wallriding are your bread and butter for maintaining a line, stay the fuck away from halfpipes because they're broken as shit and you'll be alright.

>> No.8109615

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed just skating around messing with wall rides and some glitchy stuff, after some time you just memorize things moving around becomes more fun

>> No.8109658

>>8109603
interesting BUT THE POLICE NO WAY THEIR TOO OP they gave me ptsd

>> No.8109721
File: 641 KB, 1549x1934, sneed-feed-radio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8109519
It's a fantastic game in terms of visuals and music, and the core gameplay and controls are great. I had no experience with similar games but I found it extremely intuitive and satisfying in a matter of minutes when I first played it back in the day.

An entirely different matter is the actual "campaign"/play pattern design; it's as if they had this great core but were completely clueless about how to leverage it into a proper overarching experience. It feels almost like a rushed afterthought.

>> No.8109745

>>8109721
i agree but someone should defensively remaster better controls higher speed bigger map more trick and the same art/music

>> No.8109767

>>8109658
Only useful tip other than don't get grabbed is that you can cancel a L or XL graffiti by pressing the tag button mid-way. You'll lose the bonus points from completing it all in 1 go but if you can see cops coming up behind you and want to get away without getting damaged you can use it.

>> No.8109768

>>8109745
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1353230/Bomb_Rush_Cyberfunk/

>> No.8109824

>>8109519
I agree with you, OP. It constantly feels like you're fighting with the controls. I didn't like them then, and I don't like them now. The rest of the game was so good, though, that I just sucked it up and got used to it.

>> No.8109859

>>8109519
Just because people like a game doesn't mean you're entitled to gain the same enjoyment. You should always look into the gameplay to see if it's something that you would like. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

>> No.8109870

>>8109519
I played this on a keyboard first and had zero problems with the controls. I swear this is the primary argument for brainlets.

>> No.8109880

>>8109519
WHAT? YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION FROM THE HIVE MIND? YOU MUST DIE!

>> No.8109916

>>8109561

You should think about JSR as a 3D platformer (with grinding and tagging) rather than comparing it to Tony Hawk

>> No.8110205
File: 51 KB, 832x1000, hyperbrad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8109880
>Why yes I carefully construct my "opinions" based on an obsessively monitored contradiction of weighted majority, how could you tell?

>> No.8110896

>>8109519
I'm with you - the controls are fucked. and so is the camera. I remember it getting tolerable once you learn the levels & never hold the stick into any direction when jumping off a grind, because otherwise that blading fuck will snap 90 degrees into the nearest canyon.

>> No.8110969

>>8109519
Disagree. The game's a little clunky but I didn't encounter any glitches. I don't blame anyone for disliking it but I can brush off a lot of its quirks considering it was the first entry and the Dreamcast controller wasn't dual analog. I had a genuinely fun time with it.
I'd say Nights into Dreams is more of a "good aesthetics bad game." Has a really imaginative presentation but the screen crunch and unengaging gameplay aren't much to write home about. I'd still recommend playing it since it's an hour long and the graphics are pretty, but it's not that great.

>> No.8112667

>>8109859
there are other popular games which are good i just dont see the appeal also i looked at the gameplay looked fun(its not)
>>8109870
your lying you probably broke your keyboard at least once and use a controller cmon
>>8110969
no joke Nights into Dreams its a fun/chill game

>> No.8112695

getting mad isn't really a measure of whether a game is good
the pc version has dual stick controls if changing the camera with the trigger is too difficult for you, if my gaming-illiterate gf can get up to grind city without ragequitting then you can too