[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 165 KB, 252x329, Baldur's_Gate_II_-_Shadows_of_Amn_Coverart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
801667 No.801667 [Reply] [Original]

What's that one game you always heard from your friends/the internet that was absolutely amazing but you never bothered to try it?

Baldur's Gate 2 would be the one for me, played a bit of the first around the time it came out and couldn't get into it, never bothered with Baldur's Gate games after that

>> No.801685

Any F1 racing game ever made. According to my cousing those games were the best games ever made. Just looking at them has me bored already. I'd rather just watch F1 on tv.

>> No.801708

>>801667
Go to bed, Pat

>> No.801759

I play Pen and Paper rpgs and like fantasy,
but could never get into BG either.

I tried, but never made it firther than the fishpeople in 2.
It just feels tedious and generic.

Had a hard time getting into Morrowind too,
but after replaying it 8 years later I can finally appreciate it.

>> No.803441

BG1 middle
BG2 :D love
Sword coast middle
throne baal i too ( middle)

Aram limvai :P

>> No.804235

>>801667
I'm a DM of 2nd edition, 3rd and 4th. Couldn't get into the baldur's gate series at all. Icewind dale games were fun though. Personally prefer icewind dale 2 since it's 3rd edition

>> No.804249

I'm the same as you OP. However, my play experience was really hindered because when I got BGII back in 2002 or so, I had to play it on an ancient IMac, with load times longer than it takes your mother to orgasm.