[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.42 MB, 1392x1563, 1602922336869.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7992003 No.7992003 [Reply] [Original]

I just installed RetroArch on my Vita
Recommend some oldschool games for someone who has never purchased a nintendo product

>> No.7992028

>>7992003
Buck Bumble

>> No.7992045
File: 65 KB, 500x500, 1525623432915.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well, there's plenty of lists out there for (you) to get an idea of what to grab. But I'll be nice and give you a few personal recommendations:

NES:
>Bionic Commando: Platformer where you can't jump, use a grappling hook to swing around, climb up stuff and shoot dudes, has a fucking amazing ending sequence.
>Gargoyle's Quest 2: Platformer with overhead RPG talky bits, though those are short. Shoot demons with fire and shit, fly and cling to walls.
>Power Blade 1 and 2: Sidescrolling platformers where you play as Duke Nukem with a boomerang and power armor, second game is more linear and generally plays better, but both are good.
>Solar Jetman: Physics driven rocket ship planet exploration game, fantastic
>Street Fighter 2010: 2D shooting platformer thing, emphasis on fighting bosses, can do cool shit like backflips and climb walls.

Fuck I gotta split this into two posts.

>> No.7992047
File: 385 KB, 354x461, 1482782743771.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7992045

SNES:
>Actraiser: The world is fucked, you're God, go down to the earth, possess a statue and beat the shit out of everything in a 2D hacky slashy platformer until it's unfucked. Also has extremely comfy city builder segments
>Cybernator: Pilot a mech and shoot shit, great music, good pacing, one of the better 2D action games from Konami
>Illusion of Gaia: Second in the Quintet "trilogy", action RPG where you beat shit up as a kid with a flute, turn into a big dude with fabulous hair and a big sword. Feels and existentialism story.
>Knights of the Round: Medieval beat em up, blocking is really strong and it's satisfying beating the shit out of dudes, your character's sprites visibly change as you level up, that's rad.
>Secret of Evermore: Action RPG uses the same engine as Secret of Mana, fun story, take control of a boy and his dog travelling through a weird world of different eras. Combat's a little busted but alchemy is cool.
>Soul Blazer: First in the Quintet "Trilogy" The world's fucked, God sends you down to unfuck everything in a very straight forward overhead hack and slash. Great music.
>Terranigma: Third in the Quintet "Trilogy", the world's fucked, you're sent up to unfuck everything, overhead action RPG combat with stabbing shit with a spear. Expect good music and another melancholic story.

Also consider the big names like Mario, Zelda, Metroid Castlevania and Mega Man for both NES and SNES

>> No.7992051

>>7992003
Russian roulette