[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 25 KB, 240x160, Final Fantasy VI Advance (USA) - patched_171.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7978516 No.7978516 [Reply] [Original]

I just beat the GBA version, Omega Weapon and all for the first time (I had given up at the entrance of Dragon's Den last time I played the GBA version) and this game is so fucking broken, especially in the late game and especially in the GBA version, it's not even funny.

For one thing, the GBA version allows you to get Quick a lot more easily (it's supposed to be hidden, and you're supposed to the choice to get rid of Odin for it); then since you get a NG+ you can steal as many Ultima Weapons and as many Ragnaroks as you want from Kefka.

Celes and/or Terra (especially the later) can become almost invicible.
>Paladin Shield + Minerva Bustier
immune/absord every elemental magic. >Lightbrigher or Save The Quuen
for some sick evasion (95% evasion, 107% magic evasion for Terra)
>back row for good measure
but that's not even needed
>ribbon+safety bit
to cover instant death and status elements

Only thing that could hit her were non-elemental magic like Ultima/Flare/Everdrive; and during the Soul Shrine Magic Master's Ultima didn't even kill her.

Meanwhile, Locke was using Ultima Weapon with Master Scroll and Quick, 8*9999 damage every turn. With his innate speed he's the best for it, add in Miracle Shoes for even more speed and some safety.
And then you have Cyan's Tempest, with Quick, also dealing 8*9999 dmg per turn; Quick giving the advantage of stopping time so you get no penalty for using it.

And if that's still not good enough for you, even before all that is possible, add in Soul of Thamasa to your other character and with Quick and Ultima you can deal 4*9999 per turn and that's viable at lvl50 with characters

>> No.7978968

>>7978516
Yeah everyone knows these games are broken. Half the fun of the end game is being able to slap around the final boss like he's a little bitch.

>> No.7978979

>>7978516
Based. That's how games should be.

>> No.7979003

>did you know that if you metagame the fuck out of it, any game can become broken???????

>> No.7979042

Make up some rules to make the game harder maybe. No Terra Celes, No Ultima, no Master Scroll, no Soul, no Paladin shield, no Ragnarok/Lightbringer, no dragooning.

Or better yet, try out Brave New World the snes romhack. One of the best mods I've ever played.

>> No.7979246

>>7978516
>NG+
>in a SE game
>not broken as fuck
srsly anon the point of NG+ is to craft the finest cheese known to man
>Paladin Shield
pain in the ass to get unless you are zooming it out quite literally

Besides odds are by the time you get to Kefka your first time and beat the game you are not over leveled do not have anywhere near the best gear/spells and the fight was rather hard you will also finally understand why people say FF5 is kino and that final boss rush is the GOAT final boss ever

Ya the second time you play 5 you will minmax get every lore spell rage dance etc you will learn to love the coliseum and how to cheese fights so you can gamble away without losing amazing one of a kind gear(like you did the first time playing and saved after a losing fight like a retard) grind like a mother fucker and personally bring the dinosuars to extinction afterwords gear you dudes out minmax'd to perfection with the best gear/spells for every character
finally mastering Gau EMBRACE THE AUTISTIC FERAL CHILD collect every rage learn what they do and how to use them so you can use said knowledge to fuck around with every single one of his builds oh boy does he have a lot of builds and then have fun (with the coolest most unique and F U N character/class/gimmick/mechanic in the whole series of FF) solo'ing the finale because lets be honest the only way to truly fight and defeat autism is by using more powerful autism yourself raping kefka with a retarded child is pretty entertaining desu Kefka would kneel and pass on his godhood powers to Gau if defeated solo plus it would be funny and poetic becoming god only to do be defeated and die to an autistic child that has the powers of monster mimicry Gau would do a worse job ruling/fixing/saving the world meaning Kefka still wins (which he canon does indeed win when defeated the world is more fucked without him being alive)

>> No.7980070

>>7979003
FF5 isn't as broken, even with X-Fight an Dual Magic Omega Weapon still puts up a fight

>> No.7980275

>>7980070
or you can just use !tame and he won't put up a fight at all

>> No.7980328

>>7980275
isn't that a bug that only works in the GBA version

>> No.7980332
File: 1.41 MB, 664x444, LV45.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7978516
Good job anon!

>> No.7980381

>>7980070
>X-Fight + Dual Wield + Spellblade
>Masamune + running shoes so you get first two turns. Change masamune to strongest sword, spellblade Flare or Lightning
>Attack
>Omega dood, wat nou?

>> No.7980383

>>7980381
also this also works to BTFO Omega MK. II (but you use flare instead of lightning/thunder). As for Shinryu/Neo-Shinryu, same strat with 2 Dragon Lances and no spellblade.

>> No.7980428

>>7978968
He is a little bitch

>> No.7980651

>>7980381
>>7980332
Oh I see. I did more or less this but without the dual weilding, because I thought it would be impossible to survive his attacks without the proper shields, so the fight took more time and that gave Omega time to make one of my chars disappear.

Shinryu isn't really a problem no matter what when you have the gear to absord water

>> No.7980658

>>7979246
You ARE talking about 6, right? Because you're calling it 5.

>> No.7980660

>broke the game, 4 of my chars are lvl 90-93 and the rest between 70-80, only Gau and Umarou are left at lvl 32-34 because fuck them
>did everything I could minus Gau's Rage, got all the Lore (which including replaying the Soul Shrine), Shadow's and Gau's cutscenes, filled up the biestiary best I could (missed 2 enemies in WOB), all the items at the Colliseum

What do now? I've already replayed FF1 to 6 and I feel empty inside. I don't feel up for FF7, 8 or 9 for reasons.

>> No.7980684

>>7980660
you start solo'ing FFV with every job

>> No.7980791

>>7980684
I couldn't live without a Thief

>> No.7980794

>>7980791
yeah, a few are maddening, but most are fun
https://sullla.com/FF/finalfantasy.html

>> No.7980905

>>7980794