[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 3 KB, 256x240, Milon's Secret Castle (U).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
785902 No.785902 [Reply] [Original]

why does this game get shit apon so often these days?
I just played a bit of it for curiousity's sake and I still find it a fun game.
also, I will say, if Kid Icarus is Metroid's retarded little brother, than Milon's Secret Castle may be Metroid's autistic cousin

>> No.789792

Bump for the sequel on SuFami

>> No.789887

DoReMi Fantasy > Milon's Secret Castle

Both are good though.

>> No.790364

but but

avgn said it was bad!!

>> No.790368

>>790364
Oh. I don't like it anymore.

>> No.790382

>>790364

please. i grow so very weary of people using avgn as a cop out answer to the negativity towards any game he has ever made a video on.

contrary to popular belief, his videos don't have that strong(any) of an influence on the retro gaming community

>> No.790404

It's fun out of curiosity's sake, but any game that requires you to unintuitively probe every inch of the map is awful.
It's a subtle line. It's the same reason that solving a jigsaw puzzle is fun, but solving the same jigsaw puzzle blindfolded would be tedious, annoying, and boring.

>>790364
Cut that shit out.

>> No.790420

I had almost forgotten about this game, think it's been about 20 years since I last played it.

>unforgiving as fuck
>no hand-holding
>secrets, secrets everywhere
>nintendo power was your friend

This was one of those games that helped spawn the "my friend said that if I do X I can get the secret entrance for Y" movements.