[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-05-12: Maintenance has concluded successfully. 2022-05-12: Ghost posting is now globally disabled.
2022: Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 13 KB, 300x225, s-l300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7730191 No.7730191 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Why do you guys like this game so much? I find it overrated. It's such a boring game and I hate the 3 day time limit, because it makes the game frustrating

I'd much rather play Ocarina of Time. That's a fantastic game. Majora's Mask is the worst Zelda game ever (Not counting the CDI Games, since they're non canon)

>> No.7730195

>>7730191
>I hate the 3 day time limit, because it makes the game frustrating
Hey everyone.
Look at this line of argument and "thinking".

>> No.7730196

>>7730191

Who is we? Love OoT. This one is garbage.

>> No.7730201

>>7730191
The cart looks cool.

>> No.7730224

I like both.

>> No.7730315

Oh boy a 5th gen Zelda thread, FINALLY

>> No.7731598

>>7730195
op doesnt present that as an argument, just an opinion about their personal preference. it's more than a bit sad how hard you try to sound smart on a vintage game forum.

>> No.7731615

Only people that complain about this are the ones who don't know the owl statues can save your game.

>> No.7731619

>>7730191
>Why do you guys like this game so much?
because we didn't get filtered

>> No.7731850

>>7730191
anyone who doesn't like majoras mask doesn't like games where a lot of trust is placed in the player to be intelligent. It has so much to offer.
3 day time limit just isn't an argument, if anything the game might be a bit more challenging if it was a 2 day limit.
you don't need to be an autistic zoomer speedrunner to optimize what you'll do with your 3 day cycle, and if its dungeon related you can always restart and go right back to it.

If you liked OOT and you seriously think majoras mask is the worst zelda game ever made then you're either trolling or are really bad at video games, cause OOT is piss easy.

>> No.7731972

>>7731850
strawwmann

>> No.7731979
File: 102 KB, 500x628, i dont like thing its ok.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7731979

>>7730191

>> No.7731984
File: 55 KB, 434x327, zoomertears.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7731984

>>7730191
>WAAAAAAAHHHHH WHY DOES THIS GAME THAT EVERYONE KNOWS REVOLVES AROUND A TIME LIMIT HAVE A TIME LIMIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT

>> No.7731992

>>7731972
This
>If you liked OOT and you seriously think majoras mask is the worst zelda game ever made then you're either trolling or are really bad at video games, cause OOT is piss easy.
might be a strawman. The rest isn't, and it speaks to your diminutive mental capacity that you couldn't respond to
>3 day time limit just isn't an argument, if anything the game might be a bit more challenging if it was a 2 day limit.
>you don't need to be an autistic zoomer speedrunner to optimize what you'll do with your 3 day cycle, and if its dungeon related you can always restart and go right back to it.

>> No.7732017

boring bait

>> No.7732165

>>7731992
>3 day time limit just isn't an argument
why isn't it an argument? you can literally argue that the tedious meta backtracking is pointless padding, it doesn't add anything except losing your ammo on a routine basis, and the rebuttal is always a form of LOL JUST MOW THE LAWN BRO

>> No.7732191

>>7732165
BECAUSE IT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING BASIS OF THE GAME

It's like buying Sim City and then complaining that it isn't just a construction simulator, that you have to do boring shit like analyze graphs and raise and lower taxes, even though in actuality it's a CITY GOVERNMENT SIMULATOR.

Majora's Mask is not a conventional Zelda. Everyone knows that. The back of the fucking box will tell you that. Saying "WAAAH I DON'T LIKE THE NATURE OF THIS GAME" isn't an argument against the game so much as an argument against your own intelligence for wasting time on something you were destined to bitch about.

>> No.7732194

>>7730191
It has its ups and downs. It lacks a lot of polish, but it's not bad.

>> No.7732209

I always viewed it as wasted potential. The art, style, and atmosphere were fantastic. And the core gameplay was serviceable, a moderate improvement on a pretty good base, but still had some really clunky parts (lining up the damn Goron mode ramps). But the progression was opaque and frustrating at the best times.

There's a lot of good content in there and honestly some technically impressive shit considering what they were working with. But it's definitely not in my top 5 LoZs. Maybe top 10.

>> No.7732252

>3 day time limit isn't an argument because I'm unable to defend it
It's not even ABOUT the concept of a 3 day cycle. Everything about the way you progress, the way you get things done is convoluted and designed to twist the knife in the fact that you're on a time limit. Even ignoring the 3 day time limit some of this shit has you running around in the most unintuitive of circles which would feel like shitty progression in a normal game, much less one that forces you to re-play obnoxious, finnicky sections that were a pain in the ass to play once, much less as the start of a chain of a Nintendo Power esoterica. And when you put that into a time-boxed reset cycle with very little meta progression unless you achieve the full cycle of what you were trying to accomplish, it makes for a miserable casual experience for someone just trying to get through what the game has to offer. A full free-camera 3D Zelda dungeon on its own has the tendency to stump players for hours because their cameras weren't in the right place at the right time in the right room. It's just not a formula for success.

I get what they were trying to do, the oppression of an overwhelming threat that has real weight to it and your Sisyphus journey to put everything in place. The complex interactions of NPCs, retold from many perspectives in a way that all comes together. And they accomplished it. But it's just fundamentally not a fun thing.

>> No.7732283

The only bad thing about Majora's Mask to me is, I don't have an N64 anymore to play it properly.
Seems like every other option has glitches and shitty rendering and other problems.

>> No.7732328
File: 3 KB, 400x336, D848A82B-EB07-4719-BF9B-D3F72DE1AC0B.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7732328

>>7730191
>Why do you like game? Is overrated

>> No.7732350

>>7730191
>ANOTHER thread about the Majora's Mask time limit
Listen, you either get it or you don't. Some people get spooked by the dimension of time easily and there's nothing we can do about it.

>> No.7732369

>>7732252
>But it's just fundamentally not a fun thing.
Maybe that's OK though? It's rare when a game conveys something other than dopamine joy(or the effort to) and it's neat when there's a game out there that gives a kind of experience that you can't find anywhere else. But even then, I find the tension of doom in itself to be fun, some people find the authentic pressure of danger or finality in itself fun. For so many games, they have some plot revolving around stopping Armageddon, but almost none of them actually convey that feeling authentically in gameplay.

>> No.7732412

>>7732252
nice copy and paste internet opinion with fancy vocabulary
if only you put as much effort into actually trying to play the game as you did writing that post.
>much less one that forces you to re-play obnoxious, finnicky sections that were a pain in the ass to play once, much less as the start of a chain of a Nintendo Power esoterica.
name one thing that you have to replay? name one main story objective that isnt explicitly mentioned by an NPC or Tatl?
>has the tendency to stump players for hours
how about using your brain and going back to day 1 with slow mo once you have access to the dungeon?
such typical internet argument tactics going on in this post with the whole "i completely understand this thing i have made literally no attempt to understand"

>> No.7732461

>>7732191
>BECAUSE IT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING BASIS OF THE GAME
THEN THE GAME IS SHIT

>> No.7732483

>>7732191
>t. you cannot critique a game's central mechanic
retard alert

>> No.7732538
File: 20 KB, 550x550, 1565453372996.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7732538

>>7730191
>"wah time limit too hard"
>*You played the Inverted Song of Time!*
>solved
Completely nonissue. If you still can't play the game with the timer slowed down you are literally retarded and should seek professional help or consider another hobby. Every Zelda game is easy.

>> No.7732558

>>7732538
how could anyone forget the song of make game playable

>> No.7732568

>>7732558
>song of make game playable for autists and their “anxiety”

Fixed that for you

>> No.7732598

>>7732568
you never played without it

>> No.7732629

It is overrated, except for the last dungeon, which is perfect

>> No.7732635

>>7730191
Blessed thread. MM is for autists who enjoy following NPCs around all day.

>> No.7732646

>>7732252
Very good post.
>Sisyphus journey
Hadn't thought about it in that term before but it's very appropriate. Save something? Great. Once the time runs out it won't be saved anymore.

>> No.7732650

>>7732629
too hard

>> No.7732668

>>7730191
Damn OP i didn't thought a 3 day time limit could filter you.

>> No.7732670

>>7730191
It's different from every other Zelda game and that makes it more interesting if you've played all the other ones. The 3-day cycle gives you lots of things to explore while collecting all the masks, lots of mysteries to solve. That's why I enjoyed playing it.

>> No.7733003

>>7732646
>>7732252
this game is super gay and you can tell by the way autists wax poetic about being forced to regather equipment arbitrarily

>> No.7733018

>>7732483
>retard alert
...says the genius who DECIDED TO WASTE HIS TIME PLAYING THE GAME TO BEGIN WITH. It's like leaving a 1 star review on a Italian restaurant's Yelp page when you fucking hate Italian food to begin with. Just fuck off, no one needs to hear your shitty opinions.

>> No.7733070

>>7733018
i'm sure it was designed to suck, totally

>> No.7733118

I was indifferent towards MM, but after OP's endless shitposting I now love it. Thanks, OP!

>> No.7733135
File: 2.08 MB, 3024x4032, IMG_4177.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7733135

Currently playing Majora's Mask on my 27" Sony ProFeel CRT.

>> No.7733371

>>7733018
>Just fuck off, no one needs to hear your shitty opinions.
Says the guy who clicked on and stays in the thread of an opinion he thinks is shitty.

stay classy madfag

>> No.7733431

>>7730195
>Hey everyone.
>Look at this line of argument and "thinking".
What on Earth does this drivel even mean?

>> No.7733467
File: 72 KB, 598x792, notanargument.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7733467

>>7733431

>> No.7733495

>>7733467
I wasn't making an argument, I was asking you what the hell your argument was. Not very bright, are you?

>> No.7733503

Well of course I've played Majora's Mask! It's so DARK and GRITTY with MATURE THEMES and TACKLES real life issues like DEATH and SUFFERING. Truly a game made for adults like me!

And Majora's Mask only has four dungeons! Four! The rest of the game is CHARACTER DEVLOPEMENT, via SIDE QUESTS. Truly SUBVERTING EXPECTATIONS.

There's also a super DISTURBING scene where if you run out of time the Moon crashes into Termina, which is so UNEXPECTEDLY DARK shows how high THE STAKES are in this game. What a masterpiece!

It even has a scary moment with a zombie! You know, for kids!

>> No.7733509

>>7730195
what exactly is wrong with that? the three day limit makes the dungeons really annoying, unless your going to pretend that theyre easy and that children can do it

>> No.7733514

>>7733509
they are easy AND children can do them. i was once that child, anon.

>> No.7733523

>>7733514
with a guide or no?

>> No.7733529

>>7733523
no guide that i remember. maybe for the side quests, figuring out when and where to find kafei, etc. definitely not for the piss easy baby dungeons.

>> No.7733530

>>7733529
at what age?

>> No.7733534

>>7732191
Waaaa big dumb dumb no likea muh fave game game

>> No.7733545

>>7733530
couldn’t have been older than 10 mate. you know that nintendo makes games for babies right?

>> No.7733549

>>7733545
whatever you say

>> No.7733612

>>7730191
The game is so fucking hamstrung by its 8 month development time. So many issues clearly needed a little more time to fix that they just didn't have.

still a 7.5 or 8/10 game, which is great by normal video game standards, but absolutely unacceptable by the literal sequel to Ocarina of Time standards

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action