[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 19 KB, 250x250, 250px-Todbox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
771737 No.771737 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Games you want, but you can't find (at least not within a reasonable price)

ToD ;_;
$100 really?

>> No.772142

Lunar 2 EB (even if it doesn't even have all the cool shit from the original package)
I don't give a fuck about DLs most of the time, but in this specific case IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME.
I GOTTA HAVE THE HARD COPY.

>> No.772591

>>772142
I got my replacement copy of Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete (not sure if you meant Sega CD or PS version) for about $85, factory sealed. Didn't have all the extra stuff, but I didn't need any of that.

>> No.772595 [DELETED] 

fire emblem on GC

>> No.772596

Earthbound

>> No.774414

>>771737
Seen it for about $75 complete on Ebay recently. And to be honest, the remake is a VAST improvement, though it;s a massive shame that the PS2 was region locked and Namco has always considered the series half dead out here, hence us missing about half the main games in the series. But yes, Destiny is a massive pain to find complete at a reasonable price. Same with Eternia.

>> No.774449

Snatcher, PD Saga... to be honest most of these games are easily available and affordable on the original Japanese releases (which also are prone to have superior packaging, booklets, and overall presentation, if I want to play them in english I can emulate them or burn CD-Rs)

So... actually, Radiant Silvergun, that is one hard motherfucker to come by for a decent price.

>> No.774473

More like games you have and want to play but can't.

Have rebirth and Destiny 2 but because of PS2 region lock, can't play em worth shit.

Don't want to go through all the trouble of bricking my slim either.

>> No.774480

Path of fucking radiance.

How the hell is it 70+ bucks now? It was 25 a few months ago.

Man I missed out on that..

>> No.774507

>>774473
>Find Destiny 2 and Rebirth at local used game shop for a cheap $25 total.
>Have fat PS2 and swap magic,
Now I just need to get off my lazy ass and actually play them, though swapping out each time to boot up is going to be a pain. Region locking is bullshit.

>>774480
Older Fire Emblem games, as I hear, tended to have rather short prints, and as the series has become more popular, those copies of old games have really gone up in value.

>> No.775289

Bad Fur Day.

>> No.775304
File: 425 KB, 439x293, tumblr_ldtneogU5c1qdc388o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>earthbound
I caved in a few weeks ago and got it, it is one of only 3 games I've spent more than $100 on, and the only one I regret thus far. It -is- a fun and unique jrpg, it is -not- one of the best I have ever played, and I went into it full well trying to be open to anything without any biases, but I cannot fathom to this day why this is circlejerked so much (well that, and 90% of SNES JRPGS seem to be given fellatio at least six times a day here)
>Lunar 2 EB
Isn't the Lunar series pretty cheap now? I don't have 2 myself, but last I checked it was $60-$80 for all the swag with it. I don't call that a lot.
>Snatcher
Now there's a game I want but can't force myself to pony up for.

>> No.775317

Magic Knight Rayearth for Sega Saturn.

It wouldn't be so hard to find but Canadian prices are fucked because most ebay sellers won't ship to Canada. Cheapest I can find is like 200 dollars, and I won't pay much more than 100 bucks for it.

Sucks.

>> No.775326
File: 30 KB, 640x480, 1252396452331.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>771737

Good times. I remember thinking this game looked like the shit when I was a weeaboo teenager and went to the store to ask when it would be in. The guy gave me the shipping date, which I didn't understand at the time was not necessarily the same thing as the date they're have it. Went back the shipping date, they didn't have it. My grandma jumped all over the poor guy in the electronics department, don't even remember if it was the same guy. I know she meant well, but damn was that embarassing.

Still have my copy.