[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 20 KB, 402x106, 765Logo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
771734 No.771734 [Reply] [Original]

Underground gamer is down for good. I can't even connect to the IRC.
Gentleman, how do we begin salvaging content? Where do we upload it? Do you have anything worth contributing?

Sadly, I've not too much to contribute aside from some collections and some half-collections.

>> No.771760

You're forgetting that GGn is down too as of last night.
With BG, UG, and GGn down for good, literally the only place left to go now is BCg. And BCg sucks.

>> No.771762

What is this

>> No.771781

>>771762
Private torrent tracker for old games.

>> No.771785

>>771760
Huh, GGn is down too? I wasn't aware of it. And Blackcat isn't too bad but it's definitely not the place for retro games.
Things are looking mighty grim right now though.

>> No.771790

UG isn't down for good, read the IRC chatlogs... theres hope it'll come back soon. Most if not all of the server data is still intact.
http://torrentfreak.com/underground-gamer-goes-down-citing-legal-problems-130602/

>> No.771815

Hope it gets back up. I've been meaning to join for a while, just need the invite. If it comes back up, someone wana hook me up?

>> No.771821

>>771760
>GGn is down too as of last night

Just woke up to this, ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH

I was a few forum posts away from getting Pro Gamer class and getting access to the invite forum, because I need an HD movie tracker.

>> No.771826

>>771760
>BCg sucks

Goddamn, does it ever

Plus the admins are a bunch of retards

>> No.771827

So how long until BC is down?

>> No.771834

Is BC the last popular game tracker left though? Will it become better since everyone will migrate there?

>> No.771835
File: 129 KB, 1280x800, shodan_gone_ega_by_4dimensional-d4pvzlt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>771790
I've read the IRC changelog but as far as I'm concerned the fact that the site gives me a server not found and that I can't even connect to the IRC means the site is dead for good. And even if it isn't bringing up ideas as to what to do next wouldn't harm.

>> No.771850

I fucking told you faggots GGn would go down. I was saying last week how all the sites that host GoG content have gone down, bG, uG, GGn, and soon BCG.
Fucking evil GoG. You guys thought I was crazy but I'm not.

>> No.771848 [DELETED] 

>>771835
They've got a temporary IRC channel. #ug on irc.esper.net

One way or another we'll rebuild.

>> No.771862
File: 754 KB, 400x225, 1369240700267.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>771848
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Still, can't blame me for not being the most optimistic when it comes to this. Trust me, I want the site back as much as anyone else but right now it's a little hard to keep hope for it.

And yeah, we can rebuild from what we have but the problem is where and how.

>>771850
I think I'm going to hoard a few games from BCG just in case. Not that I think that the cause is GoG but better safe than sorry.

>> No.771865

>>771850
It's nothing to do with GoG you giant spastic. To the point that the UG staff have repeatedly put out comments saying exactly that.

UG painted a huge target on their own arse by cementing their links to BG when it went down. Keeping banners for the BG forums up, importing ratios, etc. This was inevitable and I'm shocked they didn't see it coming.

GGn were just smalltime and didn't know what they were getting in to then BG refugees flooded them. I'm not surrised they got cold feet as stuff blew up, but it'd have been better for all concerned if they'd done it before letting the site become the next big thing.

>> No.771881

>>771865
BG didn't go down because of some threat though. BG went down because the admins weren't comfortable running a site of that size given the nature of the material.
UG is down because of some old FIFA shit that watchdog org cunts are charging them with.

>> No.771885

>>771850
Blaming GoG at this point is way premature at best, bordering on paranoid.

I did vote against GoG stuff on UG though when it was up for the vote as I never felt like what they offered was worth the liability that came with hosting stuff that was still actively being marketed.

>> No.771889

>>771885
I agree. GoG is a pretty terrible company, not to mention it sacrifices a lot in order to making the game playable and in what was essentially an archive, I felt like their version with renamed ISOs and butchering everything were mostly unnecessary.

>> No.771927

>>771889
Does GoG really gut those games? Many games I've played are from GoG. I remember downloading F2 normally, then downloading it again from GoG and it being the same.

>> No.771928

I don't know why you guys hate BCG so much, it doesn't suck.

>> No.771936

>>771928
I just transferred all my torrents from GG over to there and a lot of patches for games were missing on BC.

>> No.771939

>>771927
As far as archiving goes, yes. They actually rename some of the .ISO to .GoG. It's fine if you want to play a game without too much bother like their System Shock 2 release but I have a hard time actually giving money to people who sell dosbox shortcuts and butchered releases. So like, it depends on what you feel on the subject really.

>>771928
They aren't the best tracker. Some of their rules are kind of dumb too. Like having to download a certain amount to get a promotion, so even if I have a huge upload and good ratio I still can't get invites.

>> No.771958

>>771939
Were you there last year when BC handed out tons of invites and then bitched when we were giving them away on /v/, and then when we stopped they further bitched about nobody using their invites?

>> No.771964

>>771958
Yep. I actually had a BC account way back even before they started using the fake login page but I never used my account so it got deleted. I have another accoutn now and I don't find any games worth downloading so I can't give out invites.

>> No.771982

>>771981
like it's a competition.

>> No.771980

>>771958
The staff over at BCG is probably the most fuck retarded around, but at least they're paranoid enough to stick around.

>> No.771981

Public trackers win again.

>> No.771991 [DELETED] 

>>771964
>Yep. I actually had a BC account way back even before they started using the fake login page

You were you supposed to do? I lost my old acc because of that shit.

>> No.771995

>>771991
Every member got a uniuqe code, you were supposed to wrote that inside a box on the fake login page and then you could log in.

>> No.772014

>>771760
How exactly does BC suck?
They have a lot of content and it's reasonably well seeded, it's just that the layout is atrocious and chaotic.

>> No.772017

>>771889
>GoG is a pretty terrible company, not to mention it sacrifices a lot in order to making the game playable
Uh, like what? This is the first time I've heard someone make a complaint like that. GoG even delivers side material with their setup.exe.

>> No.772020

>>772014
by reasonably well seeded do you mean assholes who quit as soon as their overly easy bonus system reimburses their ratio?

>> No.772021

>>771881
>UG is down because of some old FIFA shit that watchdog org cunts are charging them with.
What the FUCK?
What kind of PIRACY tracker is so shit that it has to go down over bullshit like that?
PTP has all the Hollywood Jews and consequently probably Homeland Security and half a dozen intelligence services on their ass it just werks, same for what.cd

>> No.772027

>>772020
Beats trackers with 5000 members and 2 seeds per torrent.
BC has a huge turnover, but on average there are still more seeders on their torrents than you have on sekret klub sites.

>> No.772026

>be game designer
>include disguised keylogger in my shitty indie game
>release on gog
>steall all the hipster fags who use gog's credit cards
>feels dosh man

>> No.772028

>>772014
You have to be really active if you want to stay. My max upload speed is 80KB/s, with several other people using the router, so I doubt I'd last long there.

With UG, I only logged in during golden torrent weekends (downloads don't cost anything, get 2x upload points) and had no problems.

>> No.772032

>>772017
I already said it and I don't have time to really explain what I mean but it's mostly from the archival viewpoint, since they alter their releases too much. I'm also not a huge fan of their business module but that's something else.

I guess it depends on what you personally prefer, source material for archival purposes or easy to run games. Also, some of their releases are pretty bad, like missing content that the game would have otherwise or missing voices when other version do have them. I'll try adding more details later.

>> No.772034

>>772028
You actually don't need to upload a single Kb to stay on BC, because they have a bonuspoint system.
Just slowly build a buffer so you don't drop below the required ratio by downloading a huge file and then seed it for a while.

That works for everything but the most active torrents that have continuously many leechers.

>> No.772036

>>772026
>what is a class-action lawsuit

>> No.772040

>>772032
Yes, you mentioned something about them renaming game files, but I don't see the problem with that.
I hadn't heard that some of their releases are deficient quality wise, that is a real issue if they are to be used as the default archive material. I hope you can elaborate a bit later.

>> No.772056

>>771865
>To the point that the UG staff have repeatedly put out comments saying exactly that.

That was likely to deflect suspicions that were true for legal reasons. If someone is vehemently denying something, you have all the more reason to suspect it's true.

>> No.772057

>>772056
So you are saying major publishers like Activision are powerless, but the small site gog.com took down 3/4 relevant video game trackers within six months and that all without leaving any evidence?

>> No.772058

>>772017
The games won't run on the original hardware they were intended to run on--only modern systems

>> No.772060

>>772057
No, they're not powerless--major pubs don't care about games released in 1998 that they aren't making any money on anymore. With gog, it's their BUSINESS to sell ancient games.

>> No.772061

>>772058
With DOSBox I've had no problem gutting the harddisk files and running them whenever I find them.

Honestly the only time I've ever had beef with them was UT2004- their "no DRM" solution was to give everyone the same CD code locking you out from a lot of Multiplayer, but they gave you another once you sent them an Email.

>> No.772062

>>772058
Oh, I see.
So it would be better if an original were to be saved alongside of a gog version for people to play, so the information is not lost forever. Fair enough.

>>772060
People pirate modern games too, so big publishers would have the same interest in shutting down trackers.

>> No.772065

>>772062
UG had no modern games dipshit

>> No.772070

>>772065
Bitgamer and Gazelle had though and gog is supposed to have shut down all three.

>> No.772081
File: 638 KB, 1074x881, down.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>772070
GOG didn't shut down GGn. They shut themselves down because they're massive pussies. Pic related.

>> No.772083

>>772070
Bitgamer and Gazelle where shutdown voluntary not by demand. There were talks about giving bitgamer a new owner but that didn´t work out due to trust.

>> No.772085

>>772040
Okay I actually have some times so I'll list a few things I don't like about GoG.
First, their does releases. DOS GoG release is the game packaged with an outdated DOSBox and an annoying frontend that implicitly assumes with 100% confidence that you know nothing about DOS emulation. Which might be true in some of the cases but I'd feel bad handing over money for that.

Secondly from the archival point of view like I already said, they basically butcher releases. they take .ISO files of the game disc images and rename them as ".GOG" files in the install directory. Their release of Heroes of Might and Magic 2 came with the original disc as "homm2.gog", even though it was an .iso and fully readable as such. It came with all the cruft on the disc as well, including hundreds of megabytes of superfluous demos.

They also had Might and Magic: World of Xeen, but not the two-CD version.
So, the 50-MB version instead of the 1.2 GB definitive version with full voice acting, which was probably unprecedented for such a large-scale RPG.

Really, it all comes down to preferences. I might be a bit harsh when I outright say it's a terrible company but I think preserving the source material is a sacred work and I don't want to look for a game in a few years only to find the GoG release instead of the source material.
Don't get me wrong, some of their releases are actually good, like again, the System Shock 2 release or their Anvil of Dawn release.

>> No.772102

>>772085
Can you rename the .gog file as an .iso and have it work fine as the original or is that a no-go?

>> No.772112

>>772102
I actually never tried it. I assume so since you can actually mount the .gog files apparently.
I'll have to do some research regrading that.

>> No.772119

>>772085
Thanks.
It's really problematic that some of their releases are so lacking, but I hope that communities will be able to tell and preserve the superior version, even if it is not the gog one for some games.
Of course, now that UG went under it will be much more difficult to come by any version that is not readily available for everyone (which gog's are).

>> No.772161

What's wrong with them using images of the original CDs? They can't go altering and stripping what data comes with the game because they can't know exactly what data is needed. As long as the games have updated binaries for compatibility with modern systems that then use that data it really isn't a problem.

>> No.772172

>>772161
>What's wrong with them using images of the original CDs?
That doesn't seem to be what's at issue. It's them NOT using images of the original CDs and instead using modified cracks.

>> No.772178

Uh, guys, Underground Gamer isn't dead. They're just down.

Gazelle Gamers is dead, though.

https://ssl.what.cd/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=177864&postid=4776700#post4776700

>> No.772184

>>772178
Uh, Anon, you're a retard.

>> No.772189

>>772184
That isn't my post, but what was wrong about what he said?

Does the IRC server not work?

>> No.772213
File: 9 KB, 225x225, index.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>blackcats is down

>> No.772227

>>772213
it's up for me anon
calm your tits

>> No.772232
File: 12 KB, 510x477, 8xg74z.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>772178
did you miss the fucking huge front page announcement saying they were closing due to legal issues?

>> No.772237

>>772232
For UG?

I guess I did. https://www.underground-gamer.com/ doesn't load for me anymore.

>> No.772289

I hear often that BC's admins are retarded, where does that come from?

>> No.772324

>>772289
I dunno, but since I just use the site to download games I really don't give a shit.

>> No.772414

Wasn't there something about Blackcats looking for people to program something? Maybe the site will not stay this ugly forever.

>> No.774582
File: 9 KB, 199x178, 1361656476497.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>771734
There could be share/request threads like on /mu/ where people show their library and upload content for people who ask. I think any file locker site would be an ok host.

I have about 70 gigs of content from my brief time on ug. I have every game for every cartridge system except n64 and gba, a few select disc games, a few compilations of old mac and dos games, and ... every emulator for mac and windows.

I did snag some strategy guides for snes, two issues of underground gamer magazine, the first 100 issues of retro gamer, and a book called arcade fever.

I think almost everyone has that stuff though. Oh well, time to find a new hobby.

>> No.774787

And nothing of value was lost.

>> No.774794

>>772289
They're extremely butthurt about the slightest thing for example praising BG could net you a ban there back when it was more popular than black cats, can't manage to make a fucking link site not lag to shit or have it stay up for a week at a time without switching domain and still have one of the more retarded rules to date.
The site has all of one thing going for it and that's the one or two uploaders who get cracked games early-ish.

>> No.774804

>>774787
Except quite a bit was.

>> No.774826

>people worried about this

Come on, you guys. We still have a bunch of sites on the internet, and sites full of uploaders. We're fine.

>> No.774851

>have an UG account ever since I was underage b& back around 2006
>discover old PC-98, x68000 and FM Towns games
>some watchdog fucker from /v/ gets UG shut down
>all those fucking games
>gone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q5JSnogmek

>> No.774869

>>774794
This

I used to be an active uploader back when it first launched and their stubbornness and retarded rules with a toxic community was just too much
>forced mandatory 50MB split rar on everything for at least 5 years
>prevents data corruption

wtf is that shit man, do they not know how torrents work

I don't know how stoi the admin is now, but he seems to know jackshit on what people want

>> No.774880

>>774851
>I don't know who got it shut down but I'm gonna blame /v/, despite UG being full of /v/irgins >:(

>> No.774907

>>774826
Yeah, sure this is true, but it's the organization and the many projects that were going on over at UG that were awesome. Like the Getchu Project, which thankfully I managed to snag quite a bit of it.

>> No.774930

>>774880
http://loveisover.me/v/thread/193196203/#q193213231

>> No.774935

https://torrentfreak.com/underground-gamer-goes-down-citing-legal-problems-130602/

>UG’s Lenk explained in the site’s IRC channel that complaints were made by a copyright watchdog about some of the games that were distributed through UG, including FIFA 98.

>We tried to get in contact with UG staff but so far without luck. It’s clear that the site has shut down for now, but it’s not the end.
>“No, we are not gone,” UG notes.

>> No.774950

ok. none of you cocksucking virgins are doing anything to move forward. just a lot of goddamned whining.
i got complete sets of cartridge systems (including pc engine but not gay ass N64)
and i got all US saturn releases.
i got mame romset .141
i just need a place online to upload it all.
i dunno websites as good as you fags so help me help you

>> No.774974

>>774950
Depending on how you feel about Mega (I know some people just don't like it for some reason), you could upload a good amount of the stuff there and link to the folder you have it in.

That's what I did for pre-patched ROM hacks I uploaded.

>> No.775020

We could make a room on SoulSeek, /mu/ has one.
Downside is no swarming like torrents.

>> No.775023

>>774974
This or put it up on TPB or Kat.ph

>> No.775031

>>774974
>>775020
>>775023
Any of those or....could always do DC++ there is that /g/ hub after all.

>> No.775387
File: 74 KB, 550x412, 1346983653618.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw wont be able to donwload complete tosec dreamcast
>tfw wont be able to finish saturn tosec
>tfw won't be able to finish ps1 redump
>tfw

>> No.775434

Can anyone spare a black cats invite? I'm just using usenet now.

But seriously, underground gamer was my absolute favorite tracker. There were so many fucking rare games on that thing. Seriously, I'm kinda tearing up. This tracker was the definition of video game preservation.

>> No.775496

>>775387
ps1 redump is still on BCg and IPt

>> No.775506

>>775496
I didn't know it had been uploaded to IPT, thanks for that.

>>775023
If they were uploaded to public trackers, prolly need to make a thread here and/or on /t/

>> No.775636

>>774869
That, and their site design looks absolutely goddamn awful and useless.

Funnily enough, Blackcats was shit like that 10 years ago too, and it hasn't changed one bit over the years.

>> No.775637

I just wish I could've made a snapshot of my ratio before UG went down.

I was about to break 100tb upload, with 2.51 kbyte download. I had a ratio of 40 billion or so.

>> No.775639

>>772112
>>772102

Yes, you can. So-called ".GOG" files are literally just renamed .ISO files. It's sad. Fuck GoG releases. I get them every so often for convenience, but they absolutely must never replace the source material for archival purposes. And because the source material is superior, anyway, if you know how to configure a DOSBox worth a damn.

>> No.775662
File: 43 KB, 372x521, PD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>775387
PleasureDome still exists, you know?

>> No.775665

>>775662
Yeah, and try uploading anything there.

hint: you can't. Therefore, there aren't many torrents.

>> No.775669

>>772036
>what is proof

>> No.775683

Fuck you, world. I'm creating my own planet with UG and freeleech for everyone.

And hookers.

>> No.775745

>>775683
You would be an awesome god.

>> No.775761

I have the entire N64 collection they had.

>> No.775864

Gutted, I was halfway through the hyperspin project....

>> No.775906

>>775637
How the fuck?

>> No.775919

>>775906
Probably one of those annoying faggots with a seedbox who stops other people ever getting their ratio up

>> No.775945

>>775919
I hate these people.
I upload a file and get exactly one time the size as upload while some other dipshit who grabbed it and probably doesn't even want it sits at 300% and counting on another tracker.

>> No.775942

>>775919
You mean one of those awesome people who keeps even the unpopular shit up forever?

>> No.775946

>>775942
If it were unpopular stuff he never would have gooten the upload.

>> No.775970

>>775946
That's a baseless assumption.

>>775945
>and probably doesn't even want it
So is this.

You're basically inventing bad intentions to legitimize your bitching. Seeders are awesome. I don't give a shit if it's a super-seeding box or an individual with a 5kb/s upload speed as long as it contributes to keeping torrents alive.

>> No.775984

>>775970
That's fine if the tracker has a bonus system so everyone can download, but many trackers don't. In these cases 5 retards and their muh dik seedboxes make it impossible for hundreds if not thousands of users to download files, since they can't get any upload.
Spreading files to many computers is something I find inherently valuable, so I'd rather have many slow seeders than one or two fast ones.

>> No.775994

>>775984
>That's fine if the tracker has a bonus system so everyone can download, but many trackers don't.
That's true, but I think UG in particular has always been pretty fair towards its slower users even without a bonus point system, considering all the freeleech events and weekly freeleech torrents.

>> No.775998

>>775994
I'm going to miss the weekly freeleech the most. I discovered quite a few games that way.

>> No.776004

>>775994
I had maybe 500MB of upload on that tracker after 4 months, while keeping more than 100GB of content available.

>> No.777986

The last time I've visited UG's IRC channel (it was 4 days ago), I've seen the following announcement (copypasta of the original message):

-Announcer-  ATTENTION! "<@TheFifthHorseman> The IRC server will be going down within the upcoming few days and will not be coming back until UG is set up on a new host." Refugees, please join us on irc.esper.net in #UG.

So have patience, guys.

>> No.777998

>>777986
Thanks for letting us know, I missed that.

>> No.778121

>>774974
ok, now we're gettin somewhere.
i'll see what i can do

>> No.778124

>>775031
what the fuck is DC++ ?
i wanna get my collection out there for you guys so bare with me if i dont speak perl

>> No.778142

>>778124
DirectConnect
Basically one would setup a hub, and then the various users have a filelist which consists of...well files that they share. The file list also maintains the folder directory one has setup on their PC.

Like if I have a folder for ROMs, I'd have that shared and call it "ROMs" in my DirectConnect client and it would hash everything under that folder. Anything that's already there and anything new that gets put in.

There's been a successor protocol labeled "Advanced Direct Connect"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Direct_Connect

>> No.778190

>>778142
a hub?
a protocol?
what?
im just tryin to get files out to you guys in an easy manner.
i got 2 kids and a fulltime job.
i aint got time for no hub

>> No.778198

You guys can look in to using this too.

http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

Uses bittorrent and works like Dropbox.

>> No.778229

>>778190
Don't worry about that stuff then, just do like what was mentioned in >>774974, easy to setup and do, just make the folder you'll upload the stuff to, link it here (or a different thread in the future) and state you'll be uploading stuff to it as time goes on.

>> No.778251

>>774935
Oh god

>> No.778427

This is temporary, right?

Right?

>> No.779818
File: 118 KB, 1021x737, Loli Kong.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I kept telling myself one day I will buy an external hard drive just to fill it up with old games from UG. Now that day may never come. I regret not getting one sooner.

>> No.780160

>google game name + ROM or ISO
>download from mediafire or whatever

Wow this was hard

>> No.780182

>>780160
You're dumb.

>> No.780216

>>780160
>I've never actually used UG

>> No.780232

>>780160
>Actually willing to download a game in ISO format.

>> No.780254

>>780160
ok, now try that for the 2Tb hyperspin project

>> No.780260

Can someone kindly explain to me what UG was? I'm not cool enough to know prior to visiting /vr/ regularly :<

>> No.780274

>>780260
private torrent site for games

>> No.780276

>>780260
Just a very comprehensive archive of old games. There was effectively nothing you couldn't find on UG.

>> No.780294
File: 255 KB, 643x589, 1333465223142.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>780160

>He dosen't know

>> No.780319

>>780276
>>780274

so if i'm reading through this thread correctly...they shut themselves down because they're scared?

afraid of what? the government?

>> No.780326

>>780319

The court of law is no joke.

>> No.780339

>>780326

What happened to Fair Use?

>> No.780343

>>780339

This really isn't fair use. It's piracy.

>> No.780345

>>780339
Fair use is not facilitating the free distribution of materials not released to the public domain. At least try to look up what you're talking about.

>> No.780362
File: 43 KB, 600x449, 1340070163353.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>774930
I remember when nobody gave a shit where you got a game on /v/. If you said you pirated all your games, nobody batted an eyelid. Now it's all WHY DON'T YOU BUY YOUR GAMES FUCKING POORFAG YOU'RE KILLING THE INDUSTRY IT'S ONLY $60 PER GAME MAYBE YOU SHOULD STEAL YOUR FOOD TOO AWW POOR BABY PIRATESCUM ALL YOUR SITES ARE DYING, PRETTY SOON ALL YOUR SHITTY PIRACY SITES WILL BE DEAD, THEN WHAT WILL YOU SCUM DO MAYBE YOU SHOULD BUY YOUR GAMES OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST KILL YOURSELF.

It's pathetic.

>> No.780368

>>780362
You know, to begin with all this piracy discussion is silly when it comes to Underground gamers since most of this is abandonware.

>> No.780376

>>780345
>>780343

Okay, so why isn't coolrom or emuparadise shutting down?

I'll go on a download spree before any of this happens though

>> No.780379

>>780362

Thank you for contributing to the thread. No, really, thank you for improving /vr/ by bringing meta bitching about an entirely different board here.

Thank you so much.

>> No.780423

>>780376
Probably not a priority, or not hosted in a country that gives a shit about ACTA. People always act shocked when WE'RE GONNA' MAKE THE COOLEST TORRENT TRACKER EVER, WITH ALL KINDSA' PHAT L3WTZ AND RATIOS AND EXCLUSIVE INVITES AND SHIT turns into 503 FBI LOL.

>> No.780478

>>780232
>Actually willing to download a game in ISO format

Not autistic enough for you?

>> No.780496

>>780319
They didn't shut themselves down, that was GGn, UG was shut down by a watchdog company apparently. One of the games that caused this is supposedly a FIFA game.

>> No.780509

>>780478
It's just that the ISO format is terrible if you want to digitally preserve video games, take a look at any game that uses CD Audio which would be a lot of PS1 games and many PC games. When an ISO is made, it only looks at the first track on the disc and makes the image, ignoring any CD Audio that may be there.

I see this often on /vr/ when people are
>/vr/ help, this ISO I downloaded of this game has no in-game music! What do I do?
In every case I've looked into so far, it's due to the fact that the game used CD Audio.

ISO format is only really good for ripping a DVD Video or those many shareware discs, but not for the vast majority of regular games. Rather it should be BIN+CUE, CloneCD, or similar formats like those.

>> No.780510

>>780496

>sharing a sports game
>downloading a sports game

why

>> No.780541

>>780510

because they're fun

>> No.780591

>>780509
Wow, I never heard about that before, thanks for the info.

>> No.780604

>>780510
First reason - archival purposes. People want to preserve digital copies of -every- PS1 game, even the shovelware.

Second reason - FIFA from that general era was still relatively arcadey and pretty fun. Doesn't have shit on ISS, though, in my opinion.