[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 77 KB, 845x1000, 1370403638716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
766571 No.766571[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Main site: tulpa.info
Ancient threads archive: tulpae.(teekay)
Tulpa Guide Master List:
pastebin.com/tvmEnBDz
--------------------------------------------
What is a tulpa?
>A tulpa is believed to be an autonomous consciousness which also exists in a self imposed hallucinatory body, which is usually much of your choice. A tulpa is entirely sentient and in control of its opinions, feelings, movements.
>It is perceived as completely real, and you don't have to constantly focus on it to keep it around.
(info by FAQ_Man)
PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION IN ONE THREAD
Janitors tell your buddy on /mlp/ to stop abusing his power by deleting everything on his board.

>> No.766578

=========== FAQ 2/2 ==========
>I'm getting headaches when I force! Is this bad?
Headaches are common while forcing, and usually considered a good sign. Not everyone gets them, but if you do they should diminish after a while.
>Can I base my tulpa off a real person or an existing character?
Yes, but don't treat them like they actually are that person/character. Tulpas need to grow into their own individual person over time. Let them.
>Will doing x drug affect my tulpaforcing?
As with everything in tulpa creation, this is a subjective experience. Some claim better visualization, others say tulpas may go missing for the duration of the experience, others felt no effects. Above all, be safe for both your sakes.
>Why isn't this on /x/?
The tulpa threads here splintered off the old lucid dreaming threads here on /mlp/. Due to the lack of trolls, many of the serious tulpamancers moved to the /mlp/ generals from /x/. With so many pony tulpas, rule 15 probably applies.
>I think I might be parroting/creating my tulpas responses. What if I always know what they're going to say?
If you're worried about parroting, you're probably not doing it. Parroting is 100% deliberate and a fully conscious action. There's no such thing as "sub-conscious parroting".
If you feel you make responses for your tulpa or always know what they will say, it's because you know your tulpa well. Like when you know a friend's personality really well and you have an idea what they'll say in reply to something. Your tulpa will use what you know of her personality to think of a response. This is normal early on and will fade with time.
>Am I going to create a servitor?
If you're not trying to make a servitor, then you won’t. If you're that worried, then you're already way too devoted to make an accidental servitor.

>> No.766574

=========== FAQ 1/2 ==========
>Where do I start?
Read a few guides to get an idea of what the process is like, then decide which guide will work best for you and follow it. Ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to experiment or even mix methods to make the experience as unique as possible, for only you know what works best for you.
>Where are the guides?
Read the OP.
>Can you kill a tulpa?
If you are going to create a tulpa just to destroy it later, you probably shouldn't do it in the first place. However, it is possible to dissipate a tulpa by actively ignoring it.
>Can you have sex with a tulpa?
Tulpae can simulate the stimulation of all five senses, so yes. You shouldn't really make a tulpa for purely sexual reasons, though.
>Can you have multiple tulpae?
Yes.
>What if my tulpa hates me or wants me to die?
Tulpae live off the attention of their hosts. Without it, they die. Therefore, tulpae tend to treat their hosts well and love them dearly, provided the hosts do the same. However, they are also still sentient, and thus, treating them badly will cause them to act out.
>Is this self-induced schizophrenia? Are you insane?
Well, we're all probably a little bit insane here (it is 4chan after all), but tulpae aren't the same as schizophrenia. The main difference is that schizophrenia is uncontrollable, while tulpae can be controlled and ignored by their hosts.
>Is falling asleep while forcing bad?
No. It is only potentially dangerous if you summon your tulpa while dreaming. If you have trouble staying awake during focing sessions, try sitting in a chair or cross-legged on the floor.
>Do I need to talk out loud to my tulpa and look insane?
It's a personal preference, but you may also talk to your tulpa in your thoughts (mindvoice), which goes unnoticed.
>Can a tulpa create another tulpa?
Yes.

>> No.766583

>>766571
I think you have the wrong board here.

>> No.766584
File: 168 KB, 446x357, 1362038887125.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.766586

Stop posting this on every single board.

>> No.766587

>>>/x/
>>>/mlp/

Keep this shit out of /vr/. It's not even close to related.

>> No.766593

>>>/x/

>> No.766598

>>766571
I think this needs to be on /a/, or /mlp/
defiantly not retro gaming