[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 49 KB, 1200x400, 1200px-SEGA_logo.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7425884 No.7425884 [Reply] [Original]

>releases perfect port of Dragon Force
>only for PS2 lol

>releases perfect port of Gunblade NY
>only for Wii lol

>releases perfect port of Daytona USA
>only for PS3 and 360 lol

>releases perfect port of Virtua Racing
>only for Switch lol

>releases perfect port of Guardian Heroes
>only for 360 lol

>releases perfect port of Thunder Force IV
>only for Switch lol

>releases perfect port of Herzog Zwei
>only for Switch lol
Why are they like this?

>> No.7426337

>>7425884
There's also Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers for 360 and PS3. Radiant Silvergun for the 360. Sega Rally for the PS2. I could go on and on.

Apparently Daytona USA for the 360 now works near flawlessly on the Xenia emulator so I'll have to get my hands on a copy of that assuming my PC is up to the task.

>> No.7426376

>>7425884
Because they're Japanese and they primarily make stuff for the Japanese market. As far as they're concerned, PC isn't a worthwhile platform to target regardless of the fact the rest of the world does play games on PC.

As for why it's on all random consoles and basically none of them are multi-plat ports, could be a variety of reasons. Emulation is hard to make consistent across different hardware, remakes might only go to one console as part of some licensing deal, the port went to an external company who only had expertise in one machine, culture surrounding the console the port is on and in the case of Gunblade NY the Wii was just the best console to port an arcade light gun shooter to.

>> No.7426414

sega is - and always has been - run by massive fucking retards. even their good decisions typically have some element of bad decision making.

>> No.7426869

>>7426337
In Radiant Silvergun's case, it's because the 360 port under-performed so it wasn't worth the effort porting elsewhere.

>> No.7426958

It would be nice if they threw these ports on PC but luckily you can emulate every single one of those consoles currently
And while these version are nice, they're mostly 16:9, you're still better off emulating the original arcade releases

>> No.7427192

>>7425884
What happened to SEGA ALWAYS RELEASES ALL THEIR GAMES ON PC