[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 227 KB, 607x800, dd8f378243d6f7e04e3a7e55eb4b530c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7354025 No.7354025 [Reply] [Original]

I finished BoFI and started II with a retranslation patch. 4 hours in I'm enjoying it quite, but I can't help but play it x2 speed - except boss battles, regular encounters are so damn slow for me... am I a zommerbrain or do someone else feel like that?
Also pls tell me the rest of the series keeps it up.

>> No.7354098

>>7354025
it's a jrpg, of course it's more enjoyable at speed x2

>> No.7354209

BoF2 is a very typical of the time grindy JRPG with a high encounter rate. The best things about it are the story and characters told through the re-translation patch. No harm in using a speedup function or a 2x XP/Money hack to get to more of the story.

>> No.7354295

>>7354025
I prefer BoFa, myself

>> No.7354584

>>7354295
I love BoFa's crossover with good time dragon

>> No.7355414

If you liked 1, you're one of us, you're gonna love the series (maybe not 5)

>> No.7356178

>>7354025
I would lick the dirt out from in between Katt's toes.

>> No.7356327

I don't remember II being that slow, however it's been a long time since I last played it. Keep in mind there is an item/gear that increases random encounters, make sure you're not using it, then there is one item that decreases encounter rate, so if you think the number of encounters is being a problem, maybe it could be of help.
I think the encounter rate is annoying through most of the game, but it is still passable, specially when making use of the item that decreases it, but I remember it being insane in a few specific dungeons, there was this dungeon where I got a random encounter after every 2 or 3 steps, it was absurd and I would've dropped the game if I didn't absolutely love everything else about it.

As the other anon pointed out, you liked I, thus you're one of us and you'll most certainly love II, III and IV.
As much as I love the first two games, III and IV are better in every single way, III is my personal favorite, it perfected the dragon transformation system with customization, has timelessly beautiful graphics (same as IV), amazing songs and memorable characters, oh, it also has what is probably the best fishing mini-game EVER. It could be a separate game itself, no joke, it's very fun.

https://youtu.be/sLs27iXEdqY