[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 100 KB, 300x409, steamheartspc98.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
734592 No.734592 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone else played Steam Hearts at PC Engine? I have downloaded the ISO from many, different sites but it's without music in almost all the game, it only has the voices and sound effects.

>> No.734860

I own the game.

It'S a fun shooter. There is a soundtrack in it though.

you can find the OST around various sites - mayb you can shomehow mesh it together with the ISO.

>> No.734990

>>734592
Well here's a good site for information.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/steamhearts/steamhearts.htm
The PC98 version has full on hentai.

>> No.735016

>>734990

the scenes on the PC Engine are basically cropped/zoomed in pics of the PC98 version or are entirely missing in the game.

>> No.735019

I have the PC Engine version as well, I think its a fun game. Nothing more rewarding than beating a hard boss (cause this game is legitimately hard) and then raping them with your sister.

The Saturn version, despite missing the naughty bits, is really pretty awesome

>> No.735028 [DELETED] 

>TEAM HEART'S

>> No.735056

>>735019

I guess that the SS version has the same cropped scenes or is missing the obvious ones?

>> No.735069

A real H-Game on a console?
I never knew such things existed. Every console maker for the last 15 years has been too much of a moralfag to license anything above "PG-13" remakes.

>> No.735075

>>735056

Totally redone graphics and gameplay, but more editing on the juicy bits

>> No.735097

>>735069

well there are a lot of 18+ eroges on Saturn, Dreamcast and PC Engine.

but all the official games lack the actual hardcore stuff and show nipples and boobs at max.

>> No.735118

>>735069
>for the last 15 years

you do know 1985 was 28 years ago right

>> No.735140

Anyone knows at least where can I download the PC Engine ISO of this game with music? Or should I do the trick with meshing the soundtrack with the ISO like Neo Geo Collector mentioned?

>> No.735147

>>735140
all the copies I found had no OST either. so you really might wanna check out if there is a way to mesh the OST with the available rom.

>> No.735178

>>734592
This is because the ISO format ONLY takes the data track from a disc. If the disc has additional tracks, which have mostly been used for music tracks, you'll need to get a better format. BIN+CUE and CloneCD formats are the ones that come to mind for this.

If Neo Geo Collector feels like it, they could rip it to one of the better formats for us. CloneCD is a program you need to pay for (or well "patch" it), and there's quite a few free programs that'll rip to BIN+CUE I believe.

>> No.735189

Is there such a thing as a PC-98 game that isn't hentai?

>> No.735196

>>735189
The touhou games could count as non-h, and I'm sure there were some non-h visual novels for it too.

>> No.735195

>>735178

I'll keep it in mind.

I'll be gone until sunday in a few hours. But I'll have a look at the ripping procedure when I'm back.

>> No.735220

Is it a different game on the PC Engine? The PC-98 version doesn't require an ISO file to run and has all the music.

>> No.735237

>>735220

it's ought to be the same - maybe they added an arrange soundtrack to the PC Engine versions since it runs on CD.

is the PC98 versions disk or CD?

>> No.735259

>>735237
PC98 was on disk, had midi music, and full H-scenes. From what I'm reading about the PC-Engine version it's worse, all the in-game graphics have been redrawn, a big worthless status bar on the side of the screen, and while the scrolling is smoother the gameplay feels slower. Most of the secondary weapons were either toned down or removed, two player mode is gone as well. The H-scenes have also all been altered in some way. The only good things probably would be the music was redone, and there's voice acting during and between stages.

Apparently the Saturn version of the game is better than the PC-Engine one.

>> No.735265

>>735259

yeah - the huge bar on the right side of the screen is a big pile of shit.

sucks that they changed that much. looks like I need to get PC98 version to get the full feel of Steam Hearts.

>> No.735267

>>735237
IPretty sure its CD. I really don't know a whole lot about the system or even the emulator, since its 50% moonspeak and finding games for it is very hard. I mostly just use it for toohoos.

I also don't think its playing the music off the CD, since I selected "FM audio"

>> No.735272

>>735118

I lol'ed.

>> No.735281

>>735265
Well this thread introduced me to the game, so I went and grabbed the PC-98 version of it. Haven't tested it but I'm sure it works, and be sure to read the txt file as it gives the disk order.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wcwgo0jtx3rwejc

>> No.735303

A note about this game. The controls, as far as I can see, are "right arrow" to shoot. and the numpad arrows to move. I don't even.

>> No.737654

>>735303
Well seeing as you're using an emulator to play it (unless you have the Windows version), you can re-configure the controls.

Oh also for those looking for a BIN+CUE of the PC-Engine, I got this from Perfect Dark a few hours ago, uploaded to Mega since it's too big for MediaFire

https://mega.co.nz/#!spQW3ZgZ!dQXx9kuECgndWmv88myw2zJ_dA8heP0wrbWWxvhwgrE