[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 35 KB, 300x426, Kinetica_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7342792 No.7342792 [Reply] [Original]

This was one of the coolest things ever, it deserved to become the premiere racing franchise on the Sony system but nobody bought it.

>> No.7342805

what a terrible font

>> No.7343298

>>7342792
>but nobody bought it
because it sucks

>> No.7343327

>>7342805
This lol

>title of the game is impossible to read
>"why do people refuse to buy the game??"

>> No.7343329

>>7343298
Nintoddler needs his meme falcon racer

>> No.7344879

It tried too hard and failed for the same reason that Darling Frank anime is unwatchable.
>Um there's TOTALLY SCIENTIFIC and IMPORTANT reasons my THONG CLAD ASS has to be in your FACE for to achieve these 99999million miles an hour speeds.

>> No.7344898

>>7342792
lmao can't even read the title

no wonder it didnt catch on

>> No.7345328

>>7342792
I bought it on ebay recently, was listed as CIB, but it didn't have the manual, so I got a refund, but got to keep the game. Good thing because it's too fucking hard. The game expects you to play Wipeout while also playing Tony Hawk at the same time so you can be constantly boosting. Fuck that noise, I'm willing to use the gas and break in any racing game, the rest will be ignored and if I can't win I stop playing.

>> No.7345983

>>7343327
>>7342805
you two sound like losers, no one gives a fuck about the font, what they care about, is the cover which grabs their attention. As long as the font visually matches with whatever is on the front of the cover, it doesnt matter.

People just grab shit that looks interesting and then immediately flip the case over to see what the game is about. i have this game and literally never even noticed the font. what the fuck is wrong with you? is it autism?

>> No.7345990

>>7345983
its better if you can read the fucking name of the game, it helps sell it a little more, you know, it's not a shock it didnt sell well if you have to squint to read the fucking box title

>> No.7345991

>>7345328
its not that hard, you just need to practice. I remember when i first got the game i had the same sort of impression. the way you play is to keep your boost meter up constantly, so on ramps and straights you do tricks. its simple. on curves you boost to slingshot out of them. there is a way to play it and if you dont figure it out it will seem harder than it is.

>> No.7345994

>>7345990
you are just grabbing at straws, i own the game, i bought it at a convention, the second i saw it i could read it but it wasnt the name that got my attention, its the fucking box and the picture. kinetica doenst tell you fucking anything. the picture tells you what the game is about. once you have the game in your hand, when you look at the back you are going to either buy the game or not.

get glasses.

>> No.7346154

>>7345983
>I wanted to buy Kinetica but I didn't find it in the store bro
>dude it was there but the title is impossible to read lol
>nvm I spent my money on another game

>> No.7346451

>>7346154
its not hard to read, you are either exaggerating like a zoomer, or you have a room temperature iq, take your pick.

If you have the box its easier to read it than in that compressed image. even then i can read this easily. if you cant read that then you probably shouldnt be driving because you probably also have trouble reading signs at a slight distance or have brain damage.

if someone in your retarded imaginary scenario was told about the game, someone would have already described it as people with motorcycle suits where they are wearing the wheels. if the image in that instance isn't enough then idk what to say. not everyone is as stupid as you are and your imaginary friends.

im not arguing about this because i am a huge fan of the game. its a fun game but it isnt amazing. im just saying this because i hate people who complain about imaginary problems because they are inept. if i argue your side of the equation for sake of argument and give you the benefit of the doubt that the font was too hard for some people (they are probably dead now because they couldnt figure anything out in life and starved somehow) then that would only account for 1% of the sales, its insignificant at best.

>> No.7346590

>>7346451
Such a good idea that we don't know why all the other games use legible fonts instead.

>> No.7346627

>>7346590
the text is fine. I already told you that I have never had an issue reading it. I have written multiple points explaining why everything you said was dumb and retarded. you are exaggerating like a whiny dramatic child. You cant come up with a proper response. You are only talking in circles saying you cant read something that other people can, and you are only displaying your own ineptitude. go apply for a vision check up. im leaving the thread now im going to sleep.