[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 153 KB, 1252x1252, Welp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7292825 No.7292825 [Reply] [Original]

>see game on fb marketplace that's been on my list
>think alright local guy so no shipping hassle and I can pay cash we should both do alright
>ask for price
>mfw he sends a screenshot of the games price from pricecharting.com

That site is poisoning normies minds. How do we nuke its servers? In minecraft of course. .

>> No.7292870

>>7292825
>see game i want
>ask for price
>be given fair market price
>seethe and request personal army
Get fucked kid

>> No.7292893
File: 44 KB, 450x418, 1605786852521.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7292870
>Ebay
>fair market prices for a local sale that would be in cash, no fees, and no shipping
If I was willing to spend Ebay prices I would just buy it on Ebay retard.

>> No.7292905

>>7292825
just emulate

>> No.7292950

You have to ask yourself, what's in it for them? Let's start there. Who runs pricecharting?

>> No.7292957

>>7292825
>That site is poisoning normies minds. How do we nuke its servers? In minecraft of course
This part revealed that you are underage.

>> No.7292973

>>7292893
>cope
>if i was willing to pay a fair price i'd have it already
zoomies. lol.

>> No.7292980

I'd rather someone quote me pricecharting prices than say "Make me an offer lol"

>> No.7292991

Ebay prices typically go above price charting website prices, if I'm buying a game I try to get it at price charting price or less, never above unless the game is just too hard to find otherwise

>> No.7293019

>>7292991
That's mostly because ebay takes 10% off the top, and even if the buyer is paying for shipping that usually wont cover shipping materials and whatnot
if im buying locally i'd expect somewhat lower than pricecharting prices but facebook market place/craigslist/nextdoor/etc in my area is absolutely inundated with people reselling games for a living so 90% of what i see is either
>SELL YOUR RETRO GAMES!
or
>$0 N64 GAMES SEE PRICES
and then the prices will be like, full blown retro game store prices, higher than ebay or price charting prices

Every now and then I'll find something good at a yard sale or a goodwill, but most of the time these days if I'm actually buying a old game that I genuinely want to play, I'll just buy through ebay and take it in the ass. It's often more expensive than I want to play, but at least I don't have to meet anybody anywhere and they offer a solid level of buyer protection if the item shows up and isn't what I bought or doesn't work (which happens all the fucking time, but ebay CS has never let me down).

It's a beating. I can't fault anybody for going for the emulation/flashcart/ODE route these days. If I had a shitload of disposable income and a shitload of free time, I might try my hand at buying fuckhuge game lots and then reselling what I don't want piecemeal but I just don't have the bandwidth.

>> No.7293087

>>7293019
>my area is absolutely inundated with people reselling games for a living
Absolute parasites. I can count on one hand the amount of resellers I've met that didn't come off as slimy. I hate that we have co-exist with these people in this hobby.
>can't fault anybody for going for the emulation/flashcart/ODE route these days
I'm at that stage. The fun of hunting for and buying old games is gone once prices went full retard. I have still found some deals here and there but it's became rarer and rarer.