[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 21 KB, 184x184, 1324847570988.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
725124 No.725124[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

When discussing the pros and cons of the Wii to it's rival systems, I mentioned the fact that DLC in newer games often hampers the experience, installs, system updates, and patches make getting into a game a pain, and online play for many games will never be as fun as sitting next to someone and playing. Then I realized... I hate PC gaming. Like, I know my way around a PC, can build a custom setup and all that jazz. But I hate downloading, updating, installing, patching, and the likes. Yeah, DooM is one of my all time favorite game series, and I play Minecraft regularly. But I want to take a game, stick it in the system, and it work. And new consoles don't do this. As they become more efficient and capable, they have become less convenient. Consoles have become slower, more complicated, and less reliable. Realize this:
Your Sega Genesis is faster and more reliable than any current or next generation console or pc.

>> No.725145

That's real neat, Anon.

>> No.725146

>>725124

You'd eliminate 95% of your problems with portable installs and never playing online.

Sounds like you're lazy.

>> No.725148

cool story bro general

>> No.725162

>wall of text
>tripfag
>using /vr/ for blogging

Hide thread and move on.

>> No.725167

This is a really amazing and insightful post and you are a genius for saying what needed to be said.

>> No.725196

>>725167

say it without a name next time