[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 37 KB, 835x676, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7204008 No.7204008 [Reply] [Original]

Yo, these android boxes with emuelec are actually pretty decent for retro emulation.

One with a S905x3 SoC can do 2 frames run-ahead in NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA and even some PSX games (MMX4 works fine, but Tekken 3 slows down, for example).

Decent enough upgrade from a Pi 3 that can't do run ahead at all on PSX or GBA, and about the same performance as a Pi4 (or so I heard) but at like half the price and no need to buy accessories. Emuelec is also more user friendly than other emulation station based distributions on the Pi (RetroPie, Batocera, Recalbox, etc).

Still chinese junk at the end of the day, so they're built cheap with no ventilation, wouldn't be surprised if they overheat eventually, but shit, they're so cheap I don't mind the risk. Apparently easy to do cooling mods if you're into that though.

Not shilling anything, just a PSA since when I searched for info myself I could barely find anything besides what basic performance is like, why do none of these shit youtubers and redditors ever try run-ahead?

>> No.7204692
File: 42 KB, 200x200, doubt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7204008
>Not shilling anything

>> No.7205791
File: 25 KB, 612x402, thubs up baby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7204008
Cool story reddit. If you'd been here more than a summer you might have seen others posting similar threads.