[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 37 KB, 721x645, 1368625563979.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
708314 No.708314[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else thinking about going full retro after seeing the presentations of PS4 and Xbox One?

I am tired of having ti deal with all the social network bs, alway on crap and other shitty gimmicks.

I just want to enjoy games with great graphics. that's all.

I'll most likely skip the next gen and stick to retro and PC.

anyone else thinking about doing the same?

I mean there are literally thousands of games on my retro systems and even Xbox 360 and PS3 that I want to play.
inb4younevergofullretro....

pic unrelated

>> No.708335

Ever since /vr/ was created, it's basically been full retro + 3DS for me.

>> No.708338

>>708335

I'm also really happy that moot created /vr/.

That reminds me, I still need to check out Fire Emblem on the 3DS.

>> No.708340

I've been pretty much retro only for a while now. I gave my 360 to my friend since I hadn't turned the thing on in a year. I use my PS3 for more emulation than actual games. Only real exception is handhelds, still playing a lot of 3/DS games.

>> No.708352

>>708340

so many good stuff on the 3DS that I need to catch up with.

I also wanna try finishing some of my PC Engine games, but I admit I'm getting my ass handed to me.

>> No.708367

I stopped buying new systems once I realized the only games I'm interested in are sequels and remakes of games I have already.

will still be getting the new animal crossing though

>> No.708386

I have a 360 because I like Halo and Borderlands, and had a toaster until the past year. Plus all my friends were on it.
Now I pretty much relish my retro and my PC mustard race gaems. I like Darksiders, and those have been fun, but I've bought fewer games in the last 10 years than I did when I was a kid, simply from lack of interest. I'm going to stick to the ones I haven't finished and polish those off first.

>> No.708436

>>708314
Handhelds+Retro masterrace

>> No.708459
File: 72 KB, 450x373, fullretard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Going full retro is going full retard.
There'll be many innovative games that are only possible on the next generation consoles.
Don't be a hipster and embrace the future of gaming.

>> No.708469

What an awful thread. This is meta as fuck.

Also

>basing decisions like this based on consoles which we know nothing about

Top lel. This is some of the stupidest shit you can do. 90% of consoles were not worth buying on launch. This even goes for your precious retro machines. Wait until something comes out before acting like a retard.

I love retro games, but for fuck's sake, I hate it when you people try to use this board as a venting ground for your (often unwarranted, but not always) complaints about modern gaming.