[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 321 KB, 1280x720, psxgames.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7076294 No.7076294 [Reply] [Original]

I recently played through a lot of the NES and SNES libraries, attempting to find fun or interesting games that have been glossed over in "best of" lists or similar. While I still haven't finished most of the SNES's library, I was going to give the PSX the same treatment as well.

Before I start digging myself though, would /vr/ have any semi-obscure PSX games that don't get a whole lot of recognition despite not being bad? For example, I'm looking for stuff like Syphon Filter to MGS's popularity, or Tales of Destiny to Final Fantasy 7 -- games that are good and have fans, but were overshadowed by others in their genre.

>> No.7076307

unholy war is pretty cool like a strategy overworld mode and a top down real time battle mode

>> No.7076315

>>7076307
I think I remember briefly playing that on an OPM demo disc, I'll have to check it out. I actually started out looking through my old demos to see what games I remember enjoying but never buying, so I know I picked up Jade Cocoon as well.

The PSX library is massive it feels like, so there's a lot to work through.

>> No.7076732

The oddworld games.

>> No.7076814

>the deception games on the ps1
>clock tower 2 (its called clock tower in the US tho)
>Lunar 1 + 2 (they're fairly popular but are still overshadowed by square's output on the ps1
>nba jam: TE (The best console port)
>tactics ogre
>persona 1 + 2 (they don't really get talked about as much as they should imo)
>tenchu 1 + 2
>D (though it is multiplat)
>yugioh forbidden memories

thats all i got

>> No.7077225

>>7076294
Parasite Eve
Twisted Metal 2
Tomba
Coolboarders 2
Hot Shots Golf
Blasto
Pitfall 3d
Tenchu
Bloody Roar 2
Midevil
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
I see you have RE3 and DC, definitely play RE1 and 2 while you're at it.

>> No.7077240
File: 56 KB, 500x496, 61x8JkaYpSL._AC_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7076294
I have fond memories playing the demo for Future Cop L.A.P.D. and I don't really hear people talking about that.