[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 24 KB, 256x358, Ecco-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7054145 No.7054145 [Reply] [Original]

I'm playing Ecco the Dolphin for the first time ever; it's been on my bucket list for years. I'm gettin gud but I feel like I could use some maps.

I can't find good, reliable Ecco maps -anywhere- online. I've been searching on and off for two days now.

Does /vr/ have any resources? Can you help? pls help

>> No.7054159

Fire a sound beam and hold the button down; the beam will reflect back to you and create an echolocation map

>> No.7054165

>>7054159
But that only makes a map for a small immediate view, doesn't it?

>> No.7054205

>>7054145

I dunno I played this game without any maps and I don't remember getting lost so it probably didn't happen much. Maybe you need some time with the newly "retro" game Brain Age for the DS?

A trick I used to use in games where I WOULD get lost is to pick a wall and a direction, and then follow that wall in that direction. That'll reliably get you through many kinds of mazes, although it can still fail if there are loops or unseen secret doors or other anomalies. Maybe try that?

>> No.7055297

>>7054165
It does but that's how the game is designed. It's all about exploring and using your sonar to figure out where to go next etc.