[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 909 KB, 1040x1040, 16793-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7036205 No.7036205 [Reply] [Original]

Damn this game is good, but this Stage 7 boss is absolutely brutal even with the stopwatch.

>> No.7036215

>>7036205

Probably get the cross or something, a lot of the aggressive weapons like that are better than the stopwatch for things. It sort of throws out damage ambiently so you can focus on dodging and learning patterns.

I might be wrong though, it's been awhile and I don't clearly remember the specifics of mechanics in this game. I seem to recall the Stopwatch being not that great in this version though.

>> No.7036220

>>7036205
>>7036215
My kids, the only subweapon that matters in Rondo is the bible. It acts as both defense and offense and it doesn't cost that many hearts.
Stage 7 is a bit tedious, not too difficult, it just has a long of damage sponge enemies that you have to slowly fight. Fun the first time, not so much on replays.

>> No.7036225

>>7036205
The Shaft rematch fight, right? Time your backflip accordingly with the behemoth that comes out of the ground, bring Axe with you which will easily hit Shaft and hope you don't get hit by the dragon's fire, which I think is random.

>> No.7036239

>>7036220
Yeah, I don't have much trouble with the stage itself, but the boss fight is absolutely ridiculous.
>>7036225
So Axe is preferable to stopwatch? I kinda thought that was the intended subweapon since there's that whole sequence with the subweapon-specific blocks (which is a cool mechanic by the way) and because there's just so much shit going on in that fight

>> No.7036247

>>7036239
Believe me, boss fights in Rondo become really easy once you've played the game a number of times. Phantom Shaft teelgraphs all his attacks, it's very easy to dodge everything, as for the bats, just use the bible. Remember: the bible is your best friend. Get it in stage 3 and never let it go.

>> No.7036250

>>7036247
I definitely get the bosses getting easier, but I have the previous stage's boss rush to thank for that. Thank goodness I could go up against Shaft with full health and an item crash after doing the gauntlet.

>> No.7036254

>>7036247
I prefer the axe, the bible is too slow and the way it moves is weird. Pretty sure axe deals more damage per hit as well.

>> No.7036262

>>7036250
With the bible, most of the boss rush becomes a cake. Just use the bible to get rid of the medusa snakes or the mummy bandages.
>>7036254
Yes it deals more damage, but the axe doesn't cover the whole screen like the bible does. Axe or cross are definitely good in certain parts, but overall the best multipurpose subweapon is the bible. You don't really want to damage enemies with the sub-weapons anyway, use your whip for that. Sub-weapons are for emergency situations (not to mention item crash is mostly useful as free i-frames rather than an attack)

>> No.7036267

>>7036262
I ended up doing a Holy Water strategy and just cheesing Frank with Hydro Storm. I'm pretty sure there's a bible in this stage so I'll give the boss a shot with that- haven't tried it much.
Any weapon recommendations for my Maria run after?

>> No.7036271

>>7036220
Honestly, the axe is better. Costs less and lets you hit all the stuff above you that's risky to go after otherwise. Also pretty good at clearing out projectiles.

>> No.7036276

>>7036267
>I'm pretty sure there's a bible in this stage so I'll give the boss a shot with that
There is, in the room before the boss fight, go on the bottom path jumping through some platforms, and hit the wall on the right.
>Any weapon recommendations for my Maria run after?
Maria doesn't have anything as good as the bible IMO, but the dragon is pretty damn OP.
>>7036271
>Costs less
The bible doesn't really costs much, and it lasts on the screen longer (and again, covers WAY more of the screen) than the axe.
I'll give you axe (and even better, cross) is good for damaging enemies that are out of reach, but bible definitely works much better for clearing out projectiles - that's its speciality I'd say.