[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 14 KB, 256x224, ff5titlescreen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7019902 No.7019902 [Reply] [Original]

FF5 is really immersive and draws you into the story. You care about improving your characters because you can make meaningful small changes over time. You also have a long term goal of leveling up many different types of classes so your peasant class can get better stats.

This game is so good and It's the most immersive game on the 16 bit consoles. It draws you in more than persona 5 it's got better music than persona 5 (Non elevator music)

>> No.7019918

>>7019902
Which translation did you use or was there only one?

>> No.7019929

>>7019918
The PS1 translation a lot. Afterwards I used the fan translation of the snes rom.

Both are good. But the gameboy advance translation loses the immersive points since some of the characters talk like a prose from a novel rather than real people.

>> No.7020067

>>7019929
>PS1 YARGH translation
>good
Nigger shut up.
>gameboy advance translation loses the immersive points since some of the characters talk like a prose from a novel rather than real people.
It's objectively the most accurate outside of a couple of SA memes shoved into it.

>> No.7020114

>>7020067

The GBA version takes a lot of liberties. Like, every time Ghido makes fun of Bartz, it's just made up. Don't know how accurate the RPGOne TL is, I haven't played it in probably pushing a decade; I've played the Nip version the last couple times.

>> No.7020380

>>7019918
There's a GBA Script Port patch for SNES but it's built on top of an old RPGe build and incompatible with Leet Sketcher and noisecross' restoration patches. Just patch the aforementioned over Spooniest's Legend of the Crystals addendum ROM. The GBA translation tried too hard to be the complete opposite of the PS1 translation. RPGe did a sufficient job compared to the original FFIV & FFVI fan-projects.

>> No.7020383

>>7019929
The PS1 translation is God awful. Y-Burn?

>> No.7020385

>>7019902

Interesting. I love FF5 but the story has always been pretty laughable to me. I like the characters because it's all so goofy but I've never considered it immersive.

>> No.7020398

>>7020385
Galuf being a berserker makes a lot of sense for me in the story it makes his final battle more dramatic to me. I always thought of him as a berserker king with amnesia. Which is why I dislike the gameboy port because they make him sound too intellectual. Like the writers made him a white mage or something against his character. When I played the gb translation I didn't get immersed in the story. The ps1 one was immersive but so is the original butz fan translation.

I like how I can relate with the bad guy exdeath. Once a beautiful tree that grew hatred and became evil.

This wasn't even my first final fantasy game but I thought the story was truly immersive and really sparked my imagination.

>> No.7020408

>>7020385
Also the gameplay was good since ATB slows down the gameplay in 4 and it's so fast in 6 that you can pause the game during your animations to get an advantage and let your atb gauge build up on enemies animations to gain an advantage. And the advantage is huge.

>> No.7020410

>>7020408
Oh so my point is that ff5 is fast since theres no waiting like in 6 but not abusable like 4. It's the most balanced system.