[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 37 KB, 292x340, Nemesis_Cover_Art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6985635 No.6985635 [Reply] [Original]

I love this game but it really kicks my ass, it's taken about a month just for me to get to the end of stage 4. Do you lot have any fond memories of playing this, how do you think it compares to other versions of Gradius? The music is really kickass if nothing else, the gameplay is surprisingly good for a gimped GB version but you don't stand a chance unless you fully upgrade speed from the get-go.

>> No.6987648
File: 137 KB, 1096x1301, Nemesis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I played through it for the first time fairly recently (few years ago)
It's got an interesting feel to it, where the overall speed is slow but that doesn't make it easy because you need to plan out paths many seconds in advance or you end up trapped

>> No.6987654
File: 68 KB, 563x1080, Rook's Nemsis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The level-select is nice for a handheld game so you can jump right to practicing a particular stage even if you're just waiting in line or something and not going to be playing long

>> No.6988158

>>6985635
This is a solid Gradius entry. They were smart in how they made it for a handheld. Level and lives select was perfect for practice, it was slow enough to let you react to what was on the screen, and the music kicked ass coming out of that little mono-speaker. It's just fun with a good soundtrack. Solid game.

>> No.6988323

>>6985635
Good stuff. Play Interstellar Assault next, you're in for a treat.
Also the Wii game acts as a spiritual successor.

>> No.6989670

>>6985635
Yeah, it's a good game in the greatest series I'll give it that. But, it's nowhere close to gradius 3 for the Super Nintendo. However, it is a superior 2D side-scrolling shooter for the Game Boy.