[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 33 KB, 1340x754, the gang's all here.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
668162 No.668162[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>Usually buy all of my stuff online or at pawn shops
>Find out recently that a used game store just opened up not fifteen miles from where I live
>Gamer's Choice in Greenville, KY
>Enter the store. Seems like a lot of room in the middle with the merchandise either on the walls or in glass cases by the register.
>Walls and floors are white. Very clean, but sparse and empty-feeling despite the number of games.
>Only a few accessories on the walls. A framed NES controller, a poster with a picture of an Atari 2600 joystick and the words 'We Love Gaming in the 80s'
>They have fridge magnets on sale in a glass bowl. Shaped like 1-up mushrooms and things like that. 3 dollars each.
>Everything seems well-maintained. Has games for current-gen stuff in addition to retro things. NES games, Genesis games, SNES games, PS1, PS2, N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, XBox, as well as consoles and handhelds of all kinds
>In particular, notice a neat things on sale. Limited edition Star Wars XBox 360 with golden controller for 280 bucks. Neogeo Pocket Color for about fifty bucks. Good-looking NES for thirty dollars, Playstation for 21 bucks, Dreamcast for 30 dollars or so, limited edition Triforce DS for about 80.
>Only employee in the store was a guy who looked to be in his early thirties. Long beard, tattoos on his arms. He was checking out a PSP the store just bought behind the corner while I was there, making sure it worked correctly.
>Prices all seemed to be reasonable and based on quality. SMB3 NES cartridge for 11 dollars. GBA SPs ranging from 46 to 49 dollars with AC adapters included (one of which was scratched pretty bad on the outside but the screen looked great and it worked). Told that the store strictly follows the national pricing guide for all used games.
>Left with a copy of Kid Niki: Radical Ninja and Star Fox Adventures. Cost me about 13 dollars overall.

Overall, it was nice. I may go back there sometime, especially for that Neo Geo Pocket Color when I got the cash.

>> No.668228

>>661346

There's already a thread for this. Delete this one and post there.