[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 34 KB, 466x322, 1596213368747[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6665909 No.6665909 [Reply] [Original]

My only encounter with this game is with live and reloaded on xbox but I dont have an xbox I hear the n64 version is better and has less censorship. What do you guys says is the n64 worth a play through?

>> No.6665921

>>6665909
N64 has overall worse controls, but more soul overall.

>> No.6665928

Its the only right way to play it. The xbox version if more a curiosity than anything else.

>> No.6665945

>>6665909
I own the xbox version and I've had some of my fondest vidya memories playing that game in my late teens/early 20s. I say just play it however you can. It's really the same game except for minor differences.

>> No.6665983

>>6665909
IMO I played the N64’s version on release. The Xbox version is better in every way including the censorship. This is my opinion but watching shows like Drawn Together without the censorship makes it less funny somehow? The clever censorship adds to the charm of the game I think. I don’t have any moral objection at all to cursing but I just find the censored version funnier. Live and Reloaded factually however has a better frame rate, better graphics and can be played in 4k60 on the One X. It has worse multiplayer however. So fake your pick really. I prefer live and reloaded but I do occasionally play the original. I’ve played through both versions many many times.

>> No.6666040

>>6665909
If you already finished the xbox version, the N64 version isn't going to be anything new.

>> No.6666549

>>6665909
It has horrible framerate issues, and while it's impressive that Conker's shadow is real-time, the fact that it isn't just a circle that always stays right under him makes platforming way harder than it needs to be.
I'd still play it though, it's good for a few laughs and the multiplayer is pretty great.

>> No.6667291
File: 503 KB, 2592x1944, Encoragment_to_visit_a_ghetto.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6665909
Nice, I want the Xbox version too, but it is pretty hard to find around here. I suspect everyone who wanted it got it and since it is such a good game, no one is willing to give it up. I think I read the multiplayer modes are different between the N64 and Xbox versions. If that's the case, definitely give the N64 multiplayer a try. My friends and I had lots of fun playing them back then. Discovering mechanics like how the sword grants invisiblity, the amusing movie references from some of our favorite films, and overall impressive technical N64 visuals.

>> No.6667310
File: 64 KB, 1101x620, ForeverAlone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I enjoy the multiplayer modes, they cut them out of the remake, i'm really happy that it allows you to play it with AI. Capture the flag with the AI at max is a good time, and it's either over in an instant or it' takes an hour.

>> No.6667893

>>6665909
xbox version is gay and retarded

>>6665921
>i'm stil looking for my 3rd hand
This faggot is also gay and retarded

>> No.6669817

The censorship actually makes the game kinda funny because otherwise is an unfunny poop jokes game

>> No.6669845

>>6667291
put sharpie in pooper.

>> No.6669846

>>6665909
I remember playing the Xbox version but didn't get too far, I forget why but I just did not enjoy it. I bought the N64 version many years later and I had a better time with it. Lots of slowdown which is expected but the game is an impressive sight, Xbox Censorship just feels weird, I want to say it doesn't really detract from the experience, but hearing the great mighty poo gimped with bleeps just felt wrong. Some segments can be kinda annoying to play through and the final area is a genuine bitch, getting through the beach escape was genuinely dog shit but I'm terrible at video games so take that as you will. Humor is pretty funny and caught me off guard at times, but it's more of a "wow this actually exists on the N64, kinda wacky" multiplayer is considered the highlight of this version as well but I never took much of a fancy to it. I get why people like it but I didn't like it as much as Perfect Dark's multiplayer. It's one of those elusive games that people who discovered it really like it because it's not like anything else from the time and is a technical marvel despite performance issues. Worth the price of admission if you like Rare Ware or crude British humor, but I think the Rare Replay version might be the way to go, all I'm aware is that game is just a port of the N64 version but idk how much is hanged from the OG so don't take my word for it if it's the better game or not.

>> No.6671113

>>6669817
The game came out when South Park was a shiny new gimmick show. "Look look the cartoons are swearing and pissing", there wasn't much like it before that save maybe Fritz the Cat.

The humor really hasn't aged well, but I still think it's a solid game. As you said censored swearing is actually funnier somehow. I think the bits that actually are still funny are the ones that aren't edgy shit like the movie references and the stupid cavemen.