[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 82 KB, 750x562, norest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6646620 No.6646620 [Reply] [Original]

If you were to create an additional enemy for doom 2, during its release, what would it be?
imagine if you went to id during the game's development and had a chance to create one more enemy to the roster before it released

Should add, this isn't my question, this is a question from my thread in /v/

>> No.6646625

>>6646620
And here was my answer, to start things off

That's a great question! Hard to answer, the cast we have is damn near perfect. I'd probably add either a very supportive demon or a demon that fits a very tanky role. We have our main troops, zombies, imps, hell knights, revs, pinkies. Heavies/tanks would be Barons, Pain Elementals, and Mancs. Long range units are basically just Arachnotrons and maybe Revs, so probably something there. And the only supportive demon is Archie. You wanna look at what the player is doing/wants and you wanna play around with that. The most I can think of off the top of my head is probably just some sort of a middle-man between two demons for a certain role. Maybe a tanky enemy with a large aoe attack around them? Also probably a demon that has an attack/attacks that have to charge up. The only enemy that does that is Archie, so that would be a good area to fill in.

>> No.6646629

>>6646620
We have a FPS thread for this you mongo

>> No.6646641

the Runner Demon... a fast-moving "slapping" character that also has a telekenetic "burn" move
pretty much one of Archie's henchmen

>> No.6646647

OP the newfag, coming at you screaming and dying in one hit

>> No.6646721

>>6646620
I think the balrog or whatever its called that gets put into a lot of doom wads is a pretty good mini boss. The floating half baron of hell thing.

>> No.6646995

Go back to /v/ gaffot