[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 83 KB, 1600x900, madogame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6545987 No.6545987 [Reply] [Original]

What makes you keep coming back to retro games? Do you have a personal cutoff date that differs from the /vr/ one?

>> No.6546000
File: 2.74 MB, 520x377, tumblr_p1stv92SnV1qb5qxmo1_540.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6545987
I'm just old and like some games from every era. I think the notion of retro vs modern gaming is silly, they're all just games to me but I'm fine with the structure of the board here.

>> No.6546031

>>6545987
They’re just more fun for me is all, easier to pick up and play. I like my game to be a game, unless I’m specifically looking for a simulation game. My wife has been playing RDR2 for a little bit and seeing all the trivial shit she has to deal with just turns me off. I don’t want to feed my character, or support my friends, or get a fucking haircut, or any of that bullshit.

That being said my personal cutoff includes gen 6 because it was the last of the pick up and play consoles. You can argue that kind of gameplay was dying during that generation, which explains why it’s not allowed here, but it was sure as shit dead with the arrival of 7th gen and always online phone home shit.

>> No.6546036

>>6545987
I grew up with them, they made me happy, so...nostalgia for the most part and preferred graphics/gameplay. I'm fond of 3rd and 4th gen, but only cherry-pick games from 5th gen. 2nd gen is a bit too primitive for me. I'm 42 years old to give a reference point. I graduated in 96 and went into the military, and the busy schedule and secluded posts caused me to skip 5th gen almost completely. Never had an interest past that.

>> No.6546081

>>6545987
It's not about them being retro, I'm perfectly happy to play new games when they're actually good. It's just more retro games are good.
>>6546031
Agree on new consoles being shit. Wii I guess was the last one that didn't make you go through setting up some kind of account before you can play your games. Before that is even better because you could still just boot the game without having to go through the operating system. And then yeah, before that there was no OS. 3DS was pretty simple too iirc, but Switch as a hybrid console is more account management bullshit and paid online. I'll add that while wifi is convenient it definitely sped up the process of online becoming more of a focus and in some cases required. Really dreading these faggots trying to bring online connectivity to retro consoles. It's nightmare fuel for me.

For PC, Steam gets shit on a lot but PC at least has drm-free games available from all over even if you avoid Steam. I'm willing to buy drm-free games on Steam, copy them, and uninstall.

>> No.6546172

>>6546000
Imagine the smell

>> No.6546227
File: 167 KB, 400x150, sherm118.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6546031
While I certainly like pick up and play games I also enjoy a nice deep simulation at times. RDR1 was one of my favorite games of the era and from what I played of the second makes me really look forward to when I have time to sink my teeth into it.

>>6546172
All day every day, friend.

>> No.6546260

>>6546227
yo what the FUCK?

>> No.6546269

Nostalgia. Though I dont actually play anything anymore, just shitpost.

>> No.6546270

>>6545987
Basically nostalgia. And i don't know why, but most of actual games are the same for me.
Besides, there's much more games in the past that are based in any manga/anime

>> No.6546274

i only play games made before 1980

>> No.6546286

waiting for cyberpunk 2077 and elden ring

>> No.6546445

>>6546260
I made that gif like 15 years ago. Glad you enjoy it :)

>> No.6546480
File: 561 KB, 2592x1944, Or_I_can_double_down_with_the_Advance_adapter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6545987
There are two primary factors in doing so. The primary one is related to the cost, as I cannot afford the games nor systems like the One X and PS4. The other reason being that I like to come back to good games I liked and they are worth replaying as I find them enjoyable.

I like how this board is set up for its cutoff date as I am one of the few that enjoy Sega games and their arcade/console titles. I still can enjoy old Windows 7 games and games on the Wii-U. Microsoft has been a great replacement, but Sega disappearing from the games market is a good bookend.

>> No.6546493

>>6545987
Up until 2001
Everything after that year went to shit

>> No.6546601

>>6545987
99% of contemporary games are repulsive shit. That's why.

>> No.6546618

More games that aren't fucking stupid movie/tv/book storyshit and has vastly better fucking gameplay.
Personal cutoff is pre-1995. PS1 and N64 was the beginning of the style over substance era of gaming with shit like goddamn Mario 64 which had ass gameplay and MGS which was a fucking movie disguised as a game with bad gameplay elements peppered in. (Meanwhile, HL on PC was the same -- linear, boring, story-based garbage that basically killed the traditional fuck story besides a few paragraphs here and there, well-designed maps FPS era of Doom and Q1).

>> No.6546621

I play errythang.

I pity people who have cutoff dates.

>> No.6546646

>>6545987
modern games tend to force you out of the gameplay, i was playing wolfenstein new order, fun game but then the game put you in a gay ass base where you have to talk bullshit nobody cares with the NPCs. when i think about having to go through this shit, i prefer to boot some old shit instead.

>> No.6546662

>What makes you keep coming back to retro games?
They're easier to pick up and play. New games have multi-hour tutorial sections that I just don't have time for.

>Do you have a personal cutoff date that differs from the /vr/ one?
I consider 6th gen retro, fuck the /vr/ cutoff. Shit, my cousins' zoomer kids call Minecraft and Terraria "retro".

>> No.6546674

>>6545987
I'm a zoomer but I've loved old games since I was a kid, it probably stems from those online NES emulator sites I played a lot on.
I remember I asked my mom for a gameboy when I was nine and cried when she got me a DS instead

>> No.6546685

>>6545987
Accessibility really, why spend hundreds on some new system and then 50-80 for new games when I have years upon years of games to play. In the meantime the value of contemporary stuff will go down and that will likewise be the cheap option. Even if I never picked up a "new" video game again, 6th gen and back could probably entertain me for a lifetime.

>> No.6546690

>>6546618
>Meanwhile, HL on PC was the same -- linear, boring, story-based garbage
Careful, you're going to summon the delusional autist that thinks that DWTerminator is the only person on Earth that hates the original HL.

>> No.6546789

>>6546685
Damn right, you could spend a lifetime on old games and not run out of content. Especially the tougher ones like shmups which take years to master.
I also like that with emulators you will always have access to them on any system

>> No.6546824

>>6546480
>I like how this board is set up for its cutoff date as I am one of the few that enjoy Sega games and their arcade/console titles. Microsoft has been a great replacement, but Sega disappearing from the games market is a good bookend.

I have quite similar feelings. I've never considered myself a "fan" of any company, but I liked Sega overall a lot more than Nintendo or Sony when they came along. I was initially very skeptical of Microsoft in part because of Sony but over the years they've generally impressed me and feels like the spiritual successor to Sega in a way.

>>6546662
>Shit, my cousins' zoomer kids call Minecraft and Terraria "retro".

To be fair they are retro in the literal sense of the word.

>> No.6546834

>coming back to retro games
I never left them

>> No.6546848

I played video games heavy when I was a teenager, stopped for most of my 20's, and now that I'm nearing 30 and have more money/living space I decided to get a gaming setup going again. Dug out my modded ps2 and DC, got a free crt off facebook and added a wii to the mix. Between those 2 systems I already had and the one additional one that was cheap, I have free access to more quality games than I'll ever have time to play, plus all my old favorites. I have no interest or need for anything after 6th gen really except maybe a modded 360 for all the cave shmups on there, so Im basically set.

>> No.6546869

I agree with the /vr/ rules for the most part, but I consider both the gamecube and the wii to be honorary retro systems. Gamecube was really just an n64+, an attempt to catch up to sony, and the Wii was really just a gamecube+. The wii u is the first "modern" nintendo system, I own it, and it sucks.

Also, I think the Wii is one of the best ways to play a lot of retro games; it's got a wireless controller, and virtual console rom injects are extremely easy. Wiis with broken disk drives are extremely cheap as well.

As for whether ps2 or xboriginal should be considered "retro," I feel like they are not different enough from ps3 and 360 to warrant discussion here.Yeah halo is comfy and all, but it isn't the same kind of game as those that started on the Nes, where zelda for example stuck to the n64 formula up until recently.

tlwhocares
bing bing wahoo good snoy bad me go play with my wii wii

>> No.6546908
File: 787 KB, 1261x1500, 1507965774186.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I play whatever I find to be fun, and there are still fun releases to this day. Granted, 8th gen probably has the lowest amount of good games since the Atari days, but it's not like they're not out there.
4th and 6th gen are my favorites when it comes to console gaming, but when it comes to PC gaming, it would be those titles from around the 5th gen years.

>> No.6546921

>>6545987
Generally void of faggotry, except for the typical tropes of racism despite Japanese games being made in a 99% racially homogenous nation.

>> No.6546945

Honest question—has anyone ever actually responded to that guy who keeps posting handwritten messages? I almost feel bad for him at this point.

>> No.6546974

A lot of it is nostalgia since I'm 32. My first system was an SNES, so I'm going back and beating games I never beat as a kid.

Also games (non RPGs) from that era are much shorter than what's available these days. Kinda hard to jump into a 40 hour game if you're working full time so SNES/PS1 games are perfect for me.

Although I play tons of PS4 games, a lot of shit these days are less...gamey than I like. Too much focus on graphics and cinematics and not on gameplay.

>> No.6546979

>>6546945
Who?

>> No.6546989

>>6546979
No. 6546480.

>> No.6546993

>>6546945
Let's acknowledge the troll gimmicks and learn about those guys, sounds really smart.

>> No.6546998

>>6546993
Literally what?

>> No.6547050

I'm 23 so I can't really claim nostalgia. Though, when I was a kid I had a few retro systems laying around, dad was into games and computers so he had set up emulators for me and my siblings as well. I just never stopped playing them, honestly. I find them fun, accessible, and incredibly fascinating.

>> No.6547206

>>6546869
Yes, Tekken Tag is somehow less "retro" than super mario galaxy, you fucking retard

>> No.6547220

I dont think the modern industry is worth supporting. Modern gaming kind of disgusts me to be honest. Its cruel and mean spirited. I dunno. Im 20 and i feel like ive been chased out of modern games. I was fully convinced i didn't like video games and was sad until i played retro ones.
My cutoff is similar to /vr/

>> No.6547236

>>6545987
I really have no patience for 100gb AAA games with updates and mandatory internet bullshit. I play mostly games made before 2010 but i have no problem with things like Bloodstained, Cuphead, and Streets of Rage 4

>> No.6547482

anyone who "refuses to play modern" is fucking cringe. They don't like games. They are boomers

>> No.6547526
File: 371 KB, 1500x839, boomerapu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6545987
I play new and old, but I have a personal preference for old games. My only new favourite console is Switch. Otherwise, I prefer games that're in Gen 6 and below. (Including GBA, not sure what Gen that falls under.)

>> No.6547575

>>6546998
He's saying we should just ignore him instead of acknowledging that he's there.

>> No.6547592

>>6545987
I like old stuff. It's not just a nostalgia thing. Like Atari was before my time, but I have a 7800 just because I find it neat. My personal cutoff is '93. That's not to say I don't play PS1 games and the like, but they're definitely not the focus of my collection, physical or digital. The products resulting from extreme hardware restrictions fascinates me. That there are such enjoyable 8 and 16 bit games is like a small miracle. I was lucky to enjoy the tail end of the arcade era. I have so many fond memories. Playing games like that, anything pick up and play, takes me back to that feeling of connecting with strangers.

>> No.6547605

>>6547575
That's fine, but he's become a sort of elephant in the room. What the fuck is wrong with him?

>> No.6547609
File: 55 KB, 700x394, 3CRARobotNamedFight3[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hate AAA shit but many Indie games still have good gameplay. Shovel Knight while simple and easy is a love letter to classic games and it shows. I really have no cutoff, just as long the game itself is good.

The reason I often come back to retro though is for the 2D game selection. With N64 "2D is bad" logic that honestly never truly went away it is hard to even find newer games that choose to be 2D without being Flash tier shit. I'm not strictly against 3D games, that would just be as retarded. In fact my favorite game of all time is Viva Pinata which can only work because it is 3D. It just a lot of games suffer for feeling the need to be 3D when there is no reason to be.

>> No.6547653
File: 512 KB, 867x1500, 1570060064654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6545987
The reason I play retro can easily be summarized in why I love Thief but cannot stand Dishonored:

>Thief it's pretty obvious to tell what is and isn't important and how alert the guards are to your presence
>Dishonored has to slap silhouettes and icons on everything, because everyone blends together

>Thief feels smooth and fluid, there is never little pauses in the gameplay
>Dishonored has to animate every single thing you do

>Thief has a 1 minute cutscene before and after each level that say a lot with little time
>Dishonored takes +30 minutes to start the god damn game due to cinematic story bullshit and the cutscenes all take around 10-20 minutes

>Thief has interesting characters that I may or may not like
>Dishonored tries it's hardest to force me to like the characters, which makes me despise them

>Thief is centered around being a Thief and does it's best it can to represent t his
>Dishonored is centered around being an assassin and the game gets butthurt when you do assassin things

>In Thief you're a Thief who weaker than everyone and needs to use every tool in his arsenal and even listen constantly for enemies to avoid getting killed
>In Dishonored you're a god

>> No.6547657

>>6547592
7800 has no games!!!el oh el!!

>> No.6547663

>>6547609
Fuck shovel knight

>> No.6547941

>>6545987
Reminds me of my childhood when times we’re simpler. My adulthood has been trash and a disappointment. If I could go back in time I would change a lot of things.

>> No.6547946

>>6547609
>WHAT A TERRIBLE NIGHT FOR A CURSE
oh god is it just me or do stupid refrences like that just completely take you out of the experience? it's a bit immersion braking

>> No.6547956

Because the games don't waste my time with dumb bullshit and deliver me exactly the kind of gameplay I want more often than not. Been playing Wonderful 101 lately and while the core of the game is pretty old-school, the game throws so much dumb gimmicky shit at me constantly that it's frankly pretty exhausting to play and requires me to actively force myself to play to get to the fun parts. It's the same with most non-indie modern games, they just delight in being annoying and not respecting my time at all. Meanwhile, I can boot up a classic beat 'em up and start playing within seconds, the sessions last under an hour and they're still challenging so there's a lot of value to be found there. With that said, I have no cutoff date I like arcade and early console action games, if a new game in those styles comes along I will happily play it.

>> No.6548012

>>6545987
Just more whimsical
If you're just sitting down cuddling with your bf in pj's drinking warm coco you want something whimsical. Most modern stuff is either too dark or pops out too much but retro is super comfy.

>> No.6548067

>>6545987
The fact that they are good and with tons of variety in genre and gameplay, they can also be easily emulated with tons of customization.
I don't have a cutoff point, i play anything from every era. But i would consider in this point in time the 6th gen should be considered retro

>> No.6548074

>>6547946
Yeah that shits fucking horrible. If older games had a reference usually it'd be more subtle or somewhere weird like in the credits.

>> No.6548130

>>6545987
>Do you have a personal cutoff date that differs from the /vr/ one?
In terms of taste, yeah I guess. I play like every other generation. I don't own any 8-bit consoles. My Genesis and SNES regularly get use, while my Saturn, PS1, and N64 don't. My GameCube, Xbox, and especially PS2 get tons of use, while my PS3 and 360 get almost none. And then I play my PS4 a lot. The generations in between are kinda shit, and there are very few 8-bit games I care about (Castlevania is the only series that comes to mind at the moment)

>> No.6548159

>>6545987
coming back? nigger i've barely gotten into things newer than about 2006
why? because there's too many good fucking games, i don't have time to keep up with them
i haven't gone back to them, i haven't gotten past them yet!

>> No.6548184

>>6545987
Perfect for the short bursts of playtime I can allow myself in my adult life.

>> No.6548398

>>6548184
>>6548184
this. it's the only way to get refreshed after the 2deep4u slog of modern gaming

>> No.6548421

how is the girl in the op image sitting like that? whenever i try i end up hunching foward and my back hurts, but it looks so comfy, sitting on the floor next to the tv and game console.

>> No.6548495

I play old and new. 4chan mentality in general is that everything is shit that I strongly disagree with. Even with stuff getting too political to appease the public of today which generally is the thing that probably bothers me the most about current titles.

That said it is nostalgia. Recently I managed to get beavis and butthead do U working on my machine and the start alone made me feel warm inside remembering the nineties and how happy I was when I got Virtual stupidity to work and the fun I had with it.

>> No.6548497

>>6546869
You are a tremendous faggot

>> No.6548517

>>6548421
That doesn't work for 350 pound sweaty ameriburgers.

>> No.6548536

>>6548421
I use to sit like that all day when I was a kid. Nowadays I can see that wearing down on my back.

>>6548517
I'd honestly think someone morbidly obese would have an easier time sitting that way because they have all that fat propping their spine up.

>> No.6548541 [DELETED] 

>>6547220
You were literally born when Xbox was released lmao

>> No.6548598

>>6545987
They are easy to get into. No long cutscenes, no drawn out animations, no hand-holding instructions. There are Playstation games with some of this issues, but this is bearable on the console.

>> No.6548613

>>6548541
I think that's his point. It can't be nostalgia or rose-tinted glasses in his case because he grew up with newer games. 'It's just nostalgia' is the goto for a lot of faggots.

>> No.6548702

>>6548613
As an old fart I've noticed most of the people into old games are younger. With few exceptions all the 40 and 50 year olds that still game it's pretty much all modern and often mobile.

>>6548536
Fat doesn't hold anything up, it's just a big sack of goo stuck to the bones weighing everything down.

>> No.6548708

>>6545987
This is going to be heretical for here but I treat them the same way I do new games. Sometimes it's nice to just play something fun so I do so.

>> No.6548730

>>6545987
Custers rev3nge

>> No.6548731

>>6548517
i am am american, but not fat, i'm pretty much a fucking skeleton. sitting like that still hurts lol

>> No.6548834

>>6548702
>Fat doesn't hold anything up, it's just a big sack of goo stuck to the bones weighing everything down.
Have you ever seen an obese person sit? It's like a fucking mountain.

>> No.6548863

>>6548834
It looks like a mountain but is very different.

>> No.6549025

>>6545987
Personally I've always liked classic stuff, most of the books I read and movies I watch are old too. Not that I don't like new stuff, there's still tons of great creative stuff, but imagining the context of an old thing and putting yourself in that vibe is really comfy. I also like seeing where things came from, whether it be samurai movies or metroidvanias.

Additionally, limited technology is really cool as well. I don't know if I call 6th gen retro, but that's the one that's the most exciting to me to read about the technology of. It's that sweet spot where they're almost desktop computers but just weird and idiosyncratic enough to not just be 4 different shitty pcs in different boxes with different amounts of flops.

3rd gen is also really fun because those games have this almost diy feel to them, and you get to watch the whole idea of what a video game is change drastically over the course of a few years, new genres were being created almost monthly .

So maybe it was just how dynamic those landscapes were, it feels like modern games are a little bit stagnant.

>> No.6549029

>>6546690
FPSs were never good.

>> No.6549032

>>6549029
Based, gay genre for simpletons.

>> No.6549050
File: 10 KB, 258x195, pong10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6545987
>coming back
There are a few old weirdos here, like myself, who have been continuously playing these games since they were released

>> No.6549054

horror games

>> No.6549082

>>6545987
>What makes you keep coming back to retro games?
They're not pozzed af.

>> No.6549093

>>6545987
Retro games just seem more like games to me. Games today seem to either be a whole hobby in and of themselves, or nickle and dime you to death with first day DLC. Retro games are a complete package with a beginning and an end. You can "finish" them. How can you ever finish COD or Fortnite? And as games gained popularity, I see less diversity in titles, ironically, when games were more primitive, there seemed to be more room for originality. Would we ever see a game like Panzer Dragoon or Another World ever come out to see a mass audience? Plus working with restrictions tends to make the best kinds of art, the hardware limitations of the past made people think more creatively, nowadays you can 3d model whatever you want and crap it out into a game.

>> No.6549362
File: 289 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6547946
You would hate the tutorial of that game, in fact you would hate the whole game. It have a Rush-like dog item (Megaman), a boss that literally fight like a megaman boss, an item that let you Spindash (Sonic), wall jumping that is a secret ability unlocked by skipping ahead, etc. On top of that the game was made 1:1 to feel like Super Metroid to the point where people bitch and whine about the floaty jumps until the dev increase the gravity and redid like 50% of the game maps due to the change.

You have to learn that people who like retro and only retro will never play such a game because it is too new for them and for new gamers the retro feel is literally an outdated feel to the game and experience. You can't make either side of the extremes happy. The game exist only for the dev (literally borderline gave it away for a dollar for a long time) and players like me who want a retro feeling game without all of the outdated shit to go with it. The game is fun and never meant to be immersive. In fact I'll just spoil that the dying tutorial robot is the true final boss and he live in a glitched map. It meant to be a game for the fans of retro games but not the ones with their head too far up their own asses to see the good in it.

>> No.6549835

>>6549362
>You have to learn that people who like retro and only retro will never play such a game because it is too new for them and for new gamers the retro feel is literally an outdated feel to the game and experience.

I haven't played that game and nor did I ever finish Super Metroid but there are a great many out there who like both retro and modern and blends in between. It may not appeal to you or I and that's fine but if it appeals to enough people to make creating it worthwhile then I think that's great. Both old and new gaming market's are chock-full of titles I personally don't care for but if they appeal to someone I say more the better.

>> No.6549867

>>6545987
I just play whatever I can get for free that my PC can run and that's old shit. I lived through the /vr/ era, played all the games I wanted to and moved forward, but I can't emulate PS2 with the laptop I have, so I'm stuck with older things.

>> No.6550021

>>6545987
They are a window to a different period of time. I like playing games and seeing the culture they reflect.

>> No.6550250

I like typos.

>> No.6551183

>>6545987
They’re games. My young kids like watching me play Mega Man 2 as much as DBZ Kakarot.

>> No.6553563

I like the art and aesthetic. Also, I have a shitty old laptop and an old phone, so they're pretty much all I can play.

>> No.6553757

Anyone that unironically says the 6th gen was when gameplay started dying or that they’ll all movies are retarded.
That being said I come back because older game developers tended to have different values and experimented a little more in gameplay. It wasn’t as smooth and it was usually jank but it’s interesting. You could get away with something like tank controls. Nowadays people would bitch and moan about that stuff.

>> No.6553807

>>6553757
They're not necessarily retarded, just young and of a certain demographic. Most everyone has biases and they often seem silly to outsiders.

>> No.6554290

>>6553757
Agreed. It's 7th gen where video games noticeably changed in a fundamental way. Funny enough it was also when console wars began to really rear their ugly head and start making cultists out of people.

>> No.6554715

>>6554290
Games have changed constantly and always will.

>> No.6554919

>>6545987
They're about a trillion times more simple and fun than modern games, that's basically the only reason. I'll only play a new game if I've liked other games in the franchise (Resident Evil VII, Super Mario Odyssey) or I'm interested in the character (Spider-Man PS4). Most of the time it's just retro platformers, beat 'em ups, and fighters.

>> No.6555103

>>6554715
Yeah im sure

>> No.6555156

>>6555103
Honestly I can't understand why this isn't blatantly apparent to everyone. This whole "X generation happened and then everything was different and shitty" is ridiculous and you people always just sound like whiny babies.

>> No.6555159

>>6547609
>N64 "2D is bad" logic

That's more of a 5th Generation thing than an N64 thing.

>> No.6555178

>>6555156
Because modern games are shitty. I dont like the modern industry in anyway. I dont like the developers. I dont like the way designers are treated. I dont like the journalists i dont like the hardware.
Its terrible. Its way worse
>you're just nostalgic
>you're just a boomer
Im 20. My first console was a wii u.

>> No.6555204

>>6555178
And I'm 46, but remember what it was like to be 20 and righteously indignant over things that now seem silly. I sort of get where you're coming from, but I don't think the line is nearly as clear and there are pros and cons of all eras.

>> No.6555221
File: 150 KB, 784x1018, 1590024497594.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

retro games:
>fire up the emulator, pick a rom and go have fun within 10 seconds.

modern games:
>boot the console
>console needs to download and install update
>have to wait for 120gb game file to download
>the game needs another 50gb patch to download
>endless company splash screens when I start it
>pointless tutorial section that makes sure I know how to crouch under the single low ceiling in the entire game
>loading screens have leftist propaganda
>can't play my game because of server maintenance even though its singleplayer
>total lack of innovation means that every big title looks and plays the exact same
>entire industry is a dumpster fire filled with people who hate actually playing video games
>Characters who are actually physically attractive get censored, but I'm forced to watch scenes where repugnant character models engage in revolting sex scenes
>If customers express even the slightest bit of disdain and don't act like slobbering smoothbrain consoomers, the entire industry loses its collective shit like spoiled children.

Maybe there are a few bright spots here and there with modern games, but as a whole the collective industry has let me down and I hate the modern gaming experience.

>> No.6555228

>>6555204
I think i have to be indignant. Its not silly. I cant support this industry in good faith. Its just completely cruel and mean spirited. Its an easy stance to take. Because none of these games are appealing

>> No.6555268

I just play games, having a personal cutoff date just sounds stupid. That said, i do end up playing older games more because they're generally more to the point. When it comes to newer stuff it's mostly indie strategy games, the AAA industry left me behind long ago.

>> No.6555717

>>6555221
all this
fuck it, there's enough good retro games to last a lifetime, who needs modern shitheaps
i never bought into the 7th gen or later at all, i couldn't even name you a ps4/xbox whatever-it's-called-now game

>> No.6555804

>>6555228
Flame on then I guess but I see it very differently.