[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 38 KB, 256x255, Klonoa_playstation_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6528102 No.6528102 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone explain the ending?

>> No.6528114

IT WAS ALL A DREAAAAAAAM

>> No.6528120

Klonoa is a dream traveler, someone who goes around fixing dream worlds. The inhabitants of Phantomile summoned Klonoa to save their world, but for some reason they also brainwashed him with fake memories to give him more resolve in his queat. For that, they implanted memories where Klonoa is a native of Phantomile that lived with his grandpa. This grandpa later dies during the game, to give Klonoa an even stronger motivation.

The thing is, when Klonoa defeats everyone, his friend Huepow tells him the whole story. Because Klonoa restored the balance of the dream world, but he's not native to Phantomile, the world itself will throw every invader out, including Klonoa. That's the ending cutscene. No happy "you woke up and it was just a dream" moment. You're actively tore out of the dream, because you don't belong there. And even if it was all lies, Klonoa still didn't want to go.

For a child-like series, the story is really serious.

>> No.6528156

>love this game
>hear the second is even better
>start it up
>inundated with cringy high pitched VA
>turn it off
voice acting in games is a mistake

>> No.6528413

>>6528156
>voice acting in games is a mistake
I wrote a post once about how voice acting in videogames killed the open-world RPG.

>> No.6528426

>>6528120
I don't think I hate a videgame character more than Huepow