[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 47 KB, 640x640, 7995_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6511660 No.6511660 [Reply] [Original]

How can I play this game without being spotted every step I make?

how do I get good

>> No.6511891

Not a pro by any stretch but I will give this a go.
Cheapest method: when spotted, fight them for combat practice so you know what you can do against the few bosses the game has. Then when you finish the level or die always hit retry and you will keep the same enemy layout. You will quickly memorise that layout, or at least the tough spots, and quickly get your grand master rank clear.

Maybe intended method: Pay close attention to the ki sensor in the bottom left and watch how quickly it increases based on your own movement to figure roughly where an enemy is. Also learn what ranges you can be at in their eyeline without being spotted. About 40 standing and 60 something when crouched for a basic guard. If you are at a distance of 65 when your target turns away form you its an easy quick kill.

Item abuse: Figure out how to unlock the poison food item. Learn how fucking broken it is and stab everything in the back before they can even take a bite. Make one of them last for the whole level because you can pick them again if they were not actually eaten. Lastly let a dog eat one and become confused as it twitches and freezes while trying to walk around for the next minute.

>> No.6512425

>>6511891
also use vertical spaces. if you're on the ground, you're going to have a bad time. You can grapple up to trees and stand on the branches. You can skip some really difficult parts just tarzaning it.

>> No.6513140

>>6511891
Thank you for the reply. I managed to finish the first 3 levels with the grand master rank, but the 4th level seems really hard to do. Arriving at the end of the level without being noticed is tough in itself, but entering the boss area and defeating the boss while the archers and the patrol can spot me is fucking ridicolous. I don't know if I'm supposed to get the max rank in every level, but only finishing it seems to be braindead

>> No.6513218

>>6513140
>I don't know if I'm supposed to get the max rank in every level
It's a fair challenge, and it's necessary in order to unlock a lot of the item choices. As you already noticed, the game is also just more fun when you're aiming for a high ranking rather than simply completion.

It has been too long since I played to give much specific advice regarding that stage, but I would guess that it's possible to eliminate the archers and patrols before taking on the boss. Experimenting with different items might make things easier; things like smoke bombs and poisoned rice can create an opening when an area is populated by several foes.