[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 186 KB, 256x355, The_Revenge_of_Shinobi_Coverart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6471778 No.6471778 [Reply] [Original]

This game looks pretty fucking rad. But it's too hard.

>> No.6471781

Just use infinite shurikens and spam the flip attack at everything.

>> No.6471792

No it's not too hard. If a guy like me who sucks so bad at games can beat this one in like 40 minutes it's not too hard. Play it more and learn where do you have to shoot your stuff to get rid of the worst enemies first. Learn the double jump timing. Don't be afraid to waste your knives to get out of sticky situations, there's plenty of them and there's even an infinite ammo cheat. Just select "00 Shurikin" in the options meny and wait for it to become an infinite symbol. Hell if you have difficulties, don't be afraid to waste your ninja magic until you learn to play better. The off-screen lasers and some dickisly places soldier enemies can be solved by learning the game. That atrocious jump in the Harbor stage can be cheesed with the jumping magic. If a boss corners you, SPECIALLY the last one, use your suicide magic.

So no, this game gives you plenty of options and chances to succeed, and doesn't have 1 hit deaths like a shmup or something, it's definitely doable.

>> No.6471825

It poses a challenge the first time you play it, but once you know how the game works, it's mostly a safe sailing.
I can consistently beat this game with 50 shuriken without using continues.
Things to have into consideration is to get used to the double jump mechanic, and to know where to use the different techniques (for example, use the high jump one in that infamous part on the port level).
Also, you can farm lives on the airplane level if you want.

>> No.6471860

>>6471781
Thats how I played it for a while. Its a blast to play that way.