[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 242 KB, 1024x768, secret-of-mana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
646560 No.646560[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

hey /vr/, 2 friends are coming over to play some SNES games

We're looking forward to playing secret of mana, I got this creepy-ass bomberman multitap, so I'm ready

I have a few questions, does the game pickup at 3 players immediately? Or do you have to wait a little, and does /vr/ have any tips/stories?

>> No.646580

It will take you a good hour to get the other two characters. The first joins at gaias navel. The second in the haunted forest. As soon as you get the girl, grind a few levels for spikey tiger.

>> No.646698

>>646580
There is a great place to do this just inside the witches mansion. When you get to a room with two of the wolf enemies you fought when the girl joined, the lower left stairs lead to a neko. The wolves give great experience and the neko sells healing items and will save your game. You can easily grind out a few levels here without getting too bored. Since someone will be using the sprite, you cant use the magic chain stunlock trick, thus you will need to be a little overleveled for spikey tiger

>> No.646749

>>646580
You can also get the girl early by reading the beware of goblins sign and talking to Dyluck and his men. Then after you touch the water seed and go to leave, goblins will kidnap you and the girl will save you. After that you just go to Pandora castle and she joins up. Only downside is you have to go into the gaia's navel entrance of the witches forest and Run to the axe-breakable pillars before she will let you enter gaia's navel.

>> No.646779

>>646749
Good point, i forgot about that. I could never remember how far into the forest you had to go to prevent her from leaving, so i always got the sprite first.

>> No.646821

Maybe you could agree to play the game up to the point where you already have all 3 players? I dunno. Unless they've already played the game themselves, I don't think they should mind, but you should ask them anyways.

Other than that, maybe you can keep them entertained by passing the controller after every screen transition.