[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 43 KB, 256x224, fpQqeIR.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6460924 No.6460924 [Reply] [Original]

Thoughts on Secret Of Mana Turbo? I just heard of its existence and it sounds like the definitive way to play it

>> No.6462940

>The primary gameplay change for which it's titled "Turbo" is the complete removal of the game's stamina system for attacks (and running).
I feel like this is how the game should've been to begin with

>> No.6462973

>>6460924
it's way better. removes weapon charging, streamlines movement, adds magic hotkeys, and balances magic growth rate.
I played through it twice already with some friends.

>> No.6462976

>>6462973
clarification: you can still charge your weapon, but you don't need to wait for the 100% recharge before normal attacking again.

it also fixes a bunch of bugs.

>> No.6463096
File: 1.23 MB, 801x1018, SecretCast.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6462976
wouldn't it just make it easier to stunlock enemies? Does the hack account for that or does it just say 'fuck it, god mode'?

>> No.6463108

>>6463096
>does it just say 'fuck it, god mode'?
this, but it's still WAY more fun than waiting for the recharge.

they did bump up HP and damage on most monsters so that they don't die in 2 seconds and are more of a challenge, but you're still god.

>> No.6463564

>>6463108

That sounds pretty decent.

I played through a "hard mode" hack of some sort recently. Man that thing went far with the enemy strengthening. Still, this game's crazy mechanics (stunlocking, the weird ability to cancel incoming attacks by sending spells at the same target, etc.) undercut the difficulty severely in most places. The game was genuinely challenging on maybe three bosses (you have to seriously work to finish the final area); in most other places it was just like the normal game except you'd have to be kinda careful.

This game probably needs more polishing and refinement than any existing romhack gives it. It needs a whole new combat engine; it probably also needs all its weapons, spells, and enemy abilities reworked and rebalanced.