[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 160 KB, 220x300, Streets_Of_Rage_2_-EUR-.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6385005 No.6385005[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Streets of Rage general.

What do you think of SoR4?

>> No.6385015

>>6385005
>What do you think of SoR4?
I think gtfo back to >>>/v/.

>> No.6385032

>>6385015
Did you know that folks on /v/ would tell people that post off topic to go to /b/? And when they posted about games on /b/, it would send shitposters back to /v/ which resulted in the muddling of the board's identity? Your attitude is only going to invite more hatred. You are not a moderator. Lurk moar.

>> No.6385034

It's pretty good, one of the better western bmups. Mechanics are pretty tight, I like how you can recover health if you combo enemies after supers, encourages incorporating them into your moveset. Combo system pretty well implemented as far as I can tell, enemies have good anti air attacks and generally like interrupting your combos so crowd control is vital. There are a lot of small annoyances like some enemy attacks tracking too well and the length is frankly absurd for an arcade-style game (2+ hours for a 1cc), the new characters also feel a bit samey but overall I'm having a swell time.

>> No.6385042

>>6385032
you want to post about non-retro vidya, post in /v/.
you want to post about retro vidya, post in /vr/.
SoR 4 is non-retro, hence >>>/v/ .
supersimple stuff.

>> No.6385054

>>6385034
This dude is bitching a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUYplo41sH8

>> No.6385060

>>6385054
This guy ruined Final Fight's combat thinking he was improving it, I don't care what he has to say about game design

>> No.6385074

>>6385005
I had a bad feeling after watching the trailers. Bought it anyways and already refunded it.
Music aside, it feels amateurish and the art style both for the promo material and ingame is pretty ugly.

>> No.6385083

>>6385032
I remember once when I posted a thread on /tv/, it was on-topic but the mod got buttblasted anyways so he moved it to another board, and because it was a /tv/ thread in a ill-fitting board, I got banned for "off-topic". Good times, what a fucking bullshit.

>> No.6385090

>>6385060
>This guy ruined Final Fight's combat thinking he was improving it
how'd he do that? Is he dev or something?

>> No.6385090,1 [INTERNAL] 

SOR$ fails as street of rage.
let forget about blaze not having her classic white panties the game fail too much.
does not have a freaking icon.
intro is unskipable.
does not work with xbox 360 gamepads.
reuses sound from SOR3 and some sounds from chunli.
characters unable to run,yes you read correctly SOR4 chars dont run LMAO.
boss take forever to beat.

>> No.6385107

>>6385054
Well being the retard that I am, I ended up watching this and he offered pretty much no substantial criticism of the gameplay besides complaining that it's slow and that the attacks are high commitment and move your character, which in all fairness it is, is true but not a huge deal especially on the higher difficulties with their high enemy counts. Most characters also have ways to bypass their slow movement like Max did, for example Floyd has his jump attacks that let him travel pretty quickly and have very good priority. The one time he could have complained, he decided to go on an unrelated rant about how "beat em ups can't be fair without being too easy". The shield guys are garbage, but they hardly show up, however the game does have a reliance on hyperarmor which can get annoying when for example fighting big ben, but it's a.) only a problem occasionally b.) NOT something old beat em ups did, it's a pretty new solution. No real mentions of how it incorporated combos without butchering crowd control (something his "fix" of Final Fight didn't), no mention of the supers system and how it evolves the superjoy mechanic further, no comments about moveset functionality, nothing.
>>6385090
He's making a Final Fight "remake" and systematically butchering every single thing that made the original great. I don't think this dipshit even knows what a 1cc is.

>> No.6385123
File: 89 KB, 805x851, eciw7fg6vye31.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6385107
A gem from the vid :
>You can see how archaic and backwards a lot of this stuff is. It's 2020, they're still worried about points, they're still worried about combo modifiers. It's 2020, nobody gives a shit.