[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 16 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6357049 No.6357049 [Reply] [Original]

Is this the best Sailor Moon video game? Sailor Moon R on the Super Famicom

>> No.6357090

No, the arcade game by Banpresto is the best. Anyone saying otherwise got filtered by strict level timers

>> No.6357216

>>6357090
filtered by a boring and easy as fuck game? Your chronic masturbation to cartoon girls might have given you brain damage, my dude.

>> No.6357257

>>6357216
Post your 1cc

>> No.6357463
File: 1.78 MB, 854x480, SMelevator.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only SM beat 'em up I played was the first one, Mega Drive version, and I have a massive nostalgia boner for it.
Some day I will play the Super Famicom ones, I heard the version of SM1 on SFC has more levels than the one on MD, but I believe the MD does have some unique things to it as well. Different developers anyway, but most of the game is the same. Webm related is actually from the SFC version, but this part is also on MD.
On SFC I did play the Super S fighting game and that one was pretty damn fun, basically Street Fighter with Sailor Moon, gameplay was good, graphics were great, and you could choose between all the senshi and outer senshi plus chibi usa.

>> No.6357463,1 [INTERNAL] 

mega drive less censorship higher resolution and better gameplay then snes version,problem on snes resolution was lower and didn't have that much cpu power to handle a detailed game,graphic on the megadrive are better thanks to higher resolution not only that the sailor look as they are on the series unlike the snes version that seems like the sailor famished to appear on the game.
arcade version is the definitive version of beat em up sailor moon games.
for fighting games of sailor moon the best would be the sega saturn game.

>> No.6357913
File: 266 KB, 540x603, blushing_mika.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6357463
>nostalgia boner
Explain it.

>> No.6357935

>>6357913
do you have a cunny?

>> No.6357942
File: 99 KB, 370x278, mercmd_sailor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6357913
If you insist, I will blog.
So I frequented this general electronics store that also had video games, lots of games. Many of them were bootlegs from china, especially for Mega Drive, there were practically no official Sega stuff here, it was all bootleg, even the consoles.
I kept seeing the Sailor Moon box art, and I remember not knowing what to think of it, they looked very weird (probably the first time I saw a shoujo-style anime girl, or an anime girl at all other than Heidi and Lyn Minmay maybe). At this point I didn't know what it was, just a random game, looked too girly for me to even care, but the cover and the sailor scouts stood out to me, clearly.
Fast forward some months, maybe a year, and Sailor Moon starts being aired on TV. Initial reaction: "lol, for girls, stupid", but somehow kept watching, it was entertaining. Kind of hated the main character though, I thought she was actually too whiny and stupid.
I ended up watching the whole thing and becoming a fanatic, the last 2 episodes were incredible, 10/10 (I'm talking season 1, didn't know there was more).
It's around this time when I finally came across the game again, and I got it, and I loved it. Played it religiously, loved the graphics, the music, the levels, everything. In my kid mind, it felt as if I was "destined" to play this game, so to speak. It felt special to me.
Also pic related contributed to my pre-teen boner.

>> No.6358005

>>6357049
For me it's MD > SNES > R > Arcade.

The fanmade OpenBOR games are also pretty decent.

>> No.6358236
File: 1.39 MB, 270x230, 223.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6357942

>> No.6358258
File: 523 KB, 500x384, sailormoon_md_j.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6358236
me giving a fuck on the gif

>> No.6359717

>>6357049
the fighting game was better

>> No.6360727

>>6357216
>easy as fuck
You are a liar and troublemaker.

>>6357049
No reason to play console version when arcade and mame exist.

>> No.6360734
File: 24 KB, 320x240, sailormnj.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6360727
Based.

>> No.6360801

>>6360727
>>6360734
Console ver. all way, gal.

>> No.6360805

>>6360727
>console version
They're entirely different games. The console games aren't ports of the arcade.

>> No.6362147

>>6357942
Decent blog. My initial experience with Sailor Moon was a little similar and got quite into it for a while.

>> No.6362151

They are not ports, every sailor moon game is different, even the megadrive game has different infinite timing, levels, items, bosses. I kinda the megadrive better than the first SNES game except for lack of 2 player support.
Also do check out the fighting games it's really insane.

>> No.6362156
File: 39 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do check out the puzzles as well, surprisingly tough as nails. I believe this one was based on an older PC game I can't recall the name but with special powers and stuff.

>> No.6362159
File: 112 KB, 854x480, snapshot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6362156
There's a sailor moon puzzle that's like a slower magical drop where you pop balloons and a third one that's like Bejeweled where you swap two pieces around to match groups of 3.

>> No.6362162
File: 165 KB, 596x448, 34865-Panic_in_Nakayoshi_World_(Japan)_[En_by_Project_Sailor_Moon_v1.0]-1459564901.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6362159
Finally there's this thing that's like a coop shooter crossed with bomberman. Nakayoshi is the name of a shoujo manga magazine.

>> No.6362168

The thing I like about Sailor Moon games besides the sex appeal is they're all derived from twitch arcade genres and can often get pretty tough. Even as a boy I was totally into them when I found out about roms and emulators.
None of that fashion, make-up, decoration, cake baking non-game crap found in western games based on girls cartoons.
As a boy I didn't give much of a crap about the ninja turtles initially and only became a fan through the arcade games, you can see they tried kind of the same strategy with sailor moon.
Some of the Pretty Cure series of action games are also neaat but the difficulty curve is much lower and not as interesting for adults.

>> No.6362170

>>6357049
R's music puts me to sleep when I'm meant to be whupping ass. The original's music is far better and has a pretty boss arrange album by the show's composers to bring the tracks up to anime standards. I like the MD game's but Aki Hata is an acquired taste - not a hugely tuneful but more atmospheric composer.

I need to give more time to the arcade game sometime, it's practically PLESENTED BY CAVE given a lot of their staff worked on it.

>> No.6362190

Of course the Banpresto arcade pummel 'n joggers is the best due to superior hardware and production values but the one thing I don't like very much about it is that all sailors play exactly the same besides walk speed and whether or not they can perform a dive kick. In the console games each of them have unique fighting styles that complement their personalities.

>> No.6362896

>>6357049
Nah Valis or GS Mikami are the best Sailor Moon games

>> No.6362921

>>6357942
All of my friends watched Sailor Moon half-ironically, half because girls were hot. I never watched it or Pokemon back then for some inane reason and I know I missed out. I kept calling them stupid and childish, but I was never the kind to want to be an adult or anything, I actually sued to say that Iw as proud to be a kid and never cared about growing old etc. But Sailor Moon and Pokemon were somehow a big fucking no-no for me.

>> No.6362959
File: 378 KB, 618x246, Oppositio.Senshi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6357049
>MFW I remember that the villains from the RPG will never be acknowledged as canon.

>> No.6362983

>>6357049
The beat em up that came out on MegaDrive and Super Famicom, the level where you are riding the elevator to the roof of the shopping center is pretty neat, punching the dudes through the elevator glass as they fall to their doom was cool. The between level title cards they played was cool too.

>> No.6363176

>>6362170
>like the MD game's but Aki Hata is an acquired taste - not a hugely tuneful but more atmospheric composer.
Anon, I thank you for mentioning this. I had no idea the composer of the Mega Drive SM game was such a prolific artist, I'm gonna be trying to get a hold of whatever music she's made, because I LOVED the MD soundtrack, it's esily one of my most nostalgic soundtracks in any video game, it just oozes with soul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nej6g9w2tY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUWvNY_Ne-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZdBjnTZMiQ
>>6362921
When you're a kid and you're used to western cartoons first and foremost, getting in contact with anime is weird. Maybe not so much nowadays, where both western cartoons and anime are influenced by each other greatly, but back then seeing something like Sailor Moon was aesthetically strange (even though the girls were hot, you'd wonder what the fuck were all those strange things they did with the eyes, or how they'd suddenly change their appearance and turn chibi/SD, etc), nowadays we take all of that for granted and we're used to it, but as a kid I remember being weirded out by that.
I also had the experience of watching SM "half-ironically", same with my friends. It wasn't actually until the series was over that we sort of "came out" and admitted we fucking loved it, and also expressed our waifuism toward our favorite scout, etc.
A similar thing happened with Spice Girls.