[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 23 KB, 640x480, S03E02 Turtles on Trial.mp4_snapshot_03.45_[2013.05.04_20.35.33].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
634776 No.634776 [Reply] [Original]

Do you guys ever pay high prices for video games or do you keep hunting until you find it for next to nothing?

I found something at half price "retail" but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger, I did the same with michael jackson moonwalker and now it doubled in price. I just hate paying rape prices for vidya.

>> No.634792

For a game that I genuinely like, yes.
For a game that is rare? Not really, because I can always get "rare" games online. Now, if I see an uncommon game in the wild for a decent price, I'll snatch it up for sure, unless I pity the seller who may be ignorant of the value of the item.
But mostly, I just get cheap crap to bulk up my collection, because I really don't care anymore.

>> No.634865

>>634776
Uncommon games that I actually want to play, yes. (ex. I found snes sparkster recently for $35 and bought that shit instantly)
Uncommon games I want for the sake of collecting, no. (ex. I found demons crest for $70 recently and left it alone)
Moderately uncommon games I want to play, yes. (ex. if I find Darkwing Duck in the wild I'd pay retail for that shit)
Common games, fuck no. I'll wait till I get it for nothing. (ex. I still don't have a copy of Castlevania because i got my copy of 2 and 3 at flea markets and know I'll find it soon enough)

>> No.634876

>>634776

It goes like this.

Common games I don't pay a premium for. If I want them I will buy them, but it will have to be at a reasonable price.

Rare games that I want I am willing to break the rule for, but I simply don't buy for the sake of it being rare, I have to genuinely want the game.

I try not to contribute to the whole retro fad inflation of games, for reasons including being reasonable with my money, out of principle, and because when people quit giving a fuck the prices will go down and I will be kicking myself for paying premiums.

I only buy games I genuinely want at this point and bargain hunt for those I simply want to add to my collection.

>> No.634912

After seeing a few gameplay videos, I've been meaning to buy Die Hard for nes, but it's in the $50-$100 range and I'm like "fuck no", but who knows I might find it in a flea market or thrift store for cheap. One thing I fucking hate is when generally popular games get expensive all because people like to make money off the idiots who are like "Ugh, muh nostalgia goggles". I remember seeing a copy of Mario Duck Hunt for $25...I wanted to burn down that store...

>> No.634929
File: 34 KB, 554x568, 1321516136134.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>634912
>Mario Duck Hunt for $25

Don't visit Australia.

>> No.635250
File: 341 KB, 340x500, ladyofpain2nd1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>634912
>Die Hard for nes
>50$-100$

The good thing is I own that game: the bad thing is I'm never going to find anyone stupid enough to pay that much for it.

>> No.636868

It's a matter of research for me.

I've paid a lot for games before but that's because I know what they're worth.