[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 55 KB, 640x624, koudelka_europe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6324181 No.6324181 [Reply] [Original]

Was it a successful synthesis of genres?

>> No.6324191

>>6324181
no, because loading times make the random encounters unbearable. though the game is fairly short.

>> No.6324195

Well no, if they had stuck to the original Kikuta judgement ring design that they eventually implemented in Shadow Hearts it would have been better. Still a fine game.

>> No.6324213

It was a really shitty RPG with a great atmosphere.
Honestly it was probably not as bad as I remember but I hated the battle system. Shadow Hearts series were an improvement.

>> No.6324338

>>6324181
It would be great if they cut the shitty combat or at least change it into something closer to shadow hearts.

>> No.6324361

The tactical RPG battle system made the game progress so fucking slow. Great atmosphere though.

>> No.6324461

>>6324181
>Was it a successful use of English?

>> No.6324898

>>6324213
it's an even shittier RE -like since you get most keys before even running into the locks.

>> No.6326112

Not really.

But I’m glad to have spent the 10 or so hours playing it. Gives me a deeper understanding and appreciation for the Shadow Hearts franchise.

Pimp our Koudelkas MAG stat, focus down Edward on ATK, and make the Simp your tank or a secondary attacker. Focus those stats. Don’t spread them out. The only other stat you should worry about is SPD and health. The battle system kinda blows so the less you have to fuck with it the better.

Use a guide as you’ll run into a lot of spots where you’d not know where you ought to be going next.

It’s got some good music and the voice acting is actually pretty damn good. It’s got a unique atmosphere even today.

>> No.6326150

Not particularly. It had way too many systems for a game as short as it is as well.
Like it had absolutely no idea if it wanted to be a survival horror game or a JRPG.