[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 24 KB, 679x452, images (59).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6319312 No.6319312 [Reply] [Original]

Do you have a vague memory of a game from long ago but can't find it's name or any information about it whatsoever? Maybe someone else can help.

I'll start:
>Horror/gore game
>90's
>PC
>3D
>Something about some sort of zombie outbreak caused by canned drinks, had at least one introduction cutscene.

It's been on my mind for a while now and I can't find it anywhere, I remember it had it's own box with description and images, so it wasn't from one of those "15 games in one disk" magazines.

>> No.6319317

Basically anything I played on PC before, like, 1999. I remember some shitty Pog game with a bunch of various minigames including some kind of maze explorer a la the famous W95 screensaver

>> No.6319358 [DELETED] 

I remember playing a dogsled game (maybe about the Iditarod?) on an old DOS computer with an amber display at school in the early 90s. I vaguely remember it being like The Oregon Trail gameplay-wise, but maybe with first-person stills instead of the side-scrolling thing. It might have been edutainment. I looked for it a few years back, and found a potential name for it in a thread, but can't even find that anymore either. It's not that modern "The Red Lantern" game. I think this is someone else remembering the same thing:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080325232723AAevfJb

>> No.6319375
File: 19 KB, 240x164, IMG_20200406_220014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6319358
Could it be this one? Went diving into Google and found a few forgotten threads that mention this and Yukon Trail

>> No.6319412

The graphics were very similar to the maze screensaver on old windows. Played it on a windows PC(maybe 98) from a cd. Similar to Doom but Medusa was one of the enemies.

>> No.6319421

commodore 64 helicopter game but it wasn't any of the obvious ones

>> No.6319509

I remember playing some break-out knockoff in the mid-to-late 90s. It was on PC, was Windows 3.1 compatible, and it had some artwork from Sailor Moon, I think.

>> No.6319553

>>6319375
Yeah, that's it. I deleted the original post, because I found the same thing right after I posted (which made my post kind of pointless). However, I have yet to find a proper download of the game that isn't some broken link or just the second disk. It might be in that MECC collection, but I need to mess around with some Apple II emulators a bit more to see if it is. And apparently the Library of Congress has it, but that seems to involve some kind of application process to access it.
As for my original post for anyone else wondering, I was just recalling an Oregon-Trail-like game that was about dog-sledding instead. I thought it might have been a DOS game, but it turns out it was for the Apple II.

>> No.6319574

>>6319412
I think I know this one! Wasn't it based on the Minotaur? I think I even had the CD, the cover was off-white with a square in the middle with a drawing and maybe the title on the top in green, something like that.

>> No.6319590

>>6319312
Flesh Feast my man

>> No.6319626

>>6319317
> including some kind of maze explorer a la the famous W95 screensaver
Sounds like "Hover!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQa3OM6zBJ4

>> No.6320381

>>6319590
I took a look at it but it doesn't seem like the one I remember. Thanks for the suggestion though!

>> No.6320991

>>6320381
You sure man? The zombies being caused by a drink additive probably isn't the plot of more than one 3d game from that era....?

>> No.6321951

Can anyone help me remember this game.
Earlish 3d PC game.
spawn small green aliens from nest.
.you can command aliens with simple commands.
.other aliens come to try and destroy your nest.
.progressivly you can spawn better aliens/creatures.
.set on desert like planet?

any thoughts?

>> No.6323261

One of my earliest memories of playing a PC game was this demo I downloaded from pcgameworld when I was 5.

It was a sci-fi themed FPS. the demo took place during daytime and I think it was happening on a rooftop. There were futuristic neon advertisement textures on buildings. The fact that it was a sci-fi fps with a bright and sunny setting rather than dark night time is what makes the memory stand out.

I thought it might've been a star wars game, but I looked at every star wars fps that came out between '97-2004 and nothing fits the bill. I've been trying for the life of me to figure out what game this is.

>> No.6323296 [DELETED] 

>>6319312
There was this game on PC somewhere in the mid 2000s where you were playing as some kind of monster hunter. It was top-down and you were going through a maze(it was supposed to be a castle) and killed monsters as they randomly appeared around the map.
You start by spraying some kind of poison on carnivorous plants and then I think you slowly started getting more attacks but not sure about that as more dangerous monster like vampires also started appearing.

>> No.6324049

>>6323261
Kind of sounds like Shogo. There's a lot of futuristic neon advertisements in that game. Could also be Deus Ex, but 90% of that game is at night.

>> No.6325113

>>6323261
SIN?

>> No.6325119

>>6319574
I believe the Minotaur was in it. We got it in one of those random 4 packs that would have a couple of games and maybe an email client or something. The games were usually old or broken, like overstock clearance

>> No.6325139

Ill give this a try

I was pretty young, PC game, Pre XP.

I think you were in a castle and played as a child. A Wizard may of been involved.

It was an Adventure Type game like a Point and Click, but Im not sure if it was a point and click.

The most vivid memory is there was a puzzle mini game that was about mixing paint and I think blue was important but there was other colors and I think you had to paint something maybe

>> No.6325153

>>6325139
Got it

https://youtu.be/mZ_FDFebu-o

>> No.6325167

>>6325153
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>> No.6326215

I've got 2, the first was a game in which you went inside of a human body, all I really remember is a room behind an eyeball.

And the second was a game where you go back in time to dinosaur land thanks to some malfunction with a time machine or something, and there's a part where you have to fend off pterodactyls while collecting eggs, I think it was first person view.

>> No.6326296

Iirc it was a demo: basically a flat open desert space like utah salt flats except it's sand. I really dont remember how the character looked, but it might've been zelda.

What I do remember is that there was this bulky vertical building in the middle of these flats and you can enter it and inside some NPC char and you can break pots to find items. Kinda does sound like Zelda, but anyway, anyone know this game?

>> No.6326419

There was this computer game we used to play back in the day in school. it was a platforms and you played as a penguin and you had to save your friends. You also go to choose which world you wanted to start with. There was a forest level with bee enemies and ice level and a building level that looked like a giant square building with lots of windows. Ive never been able to find this game I believe it was a 16 bit game.

>> No.6326516

>>6326215
The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body

The Magic School Bus Explores in the Age of Dinosaurs

?

>> No.6327323

>90s first person dungeon crawler for pc
>grid-basd movement, I think
>set in mental hospital of some kind
>the game starts with character creation and you can choose portrait stats etc.

Any clue what this game is? It probably wasn't developed by any bigger or better known company.

>> No.6327932

The Legacy: Realm of Terror

>> No.6328008

it was a pingpong game with monsters i think it was on a mac

>> No.6328339

Some pixels and some more pixels. Think it was in CGA.